Enjoy one of the most beloved flavor combinations of chocolate and peanut butter with these delicious, and easy-to-make, Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter stacks that are topped with good for you ingredients like flax and chia seeds.
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Stacks
For the Love of Seeds
What is so great about seeds? Here’s a quick overview below, but you can get a complete review in my article The Health Benefits of Chia Seeds.
- They are in high in Omega 3’s! Healthy fats which may help to reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high levels of cholesterol.
- They are high in fiber. Seeds contain a unique combination of both soluble and insoluble fiber which means you will stay fuller longer, and in turn, eat less overall, and more importantly feel more satisfied.
As Featured on Good Day Rochester
Everybody loves peanut butter! That’s why I brought some of my favorite peanut butter recipes, like this one, to the set of Good Day Rochester! Watch the video below and learn about why it is a great addition to any dish you love 🙂
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tablespoons of all natural peanut butter
- 1 Teaspoon Nutella
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon of raw cacao nibs
- Slice your banana into ¼ inch slices.
- Top each banana with peanut butter.
- *Tip: Want to make life easier? Put your peanut butter into a sandwich bag and smooth it down into a bottom corner. Then take a pair of scissors and snip off the tip of the corner. Voila! You can easily squeeze out the peanut butter onto the banana slices with no mess!
- Top the peanut butter with the Nutella. Use the same technique above for a prettier presentation.
- Sprinkle your chia seeds, flax seeds, and raw cacao nibs over the banana peanut butter stacks.
- Optional - freeze your banana peanut butter stacks! They make an excellent frozen treat!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and never feel guilty about eating dessert. Just think of crafty ways to incorporate nutritious ingredients to ensure you are serving your body with the nutrients it needs to feel happy & healthy!
Do you love chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do? Let me know in the comments section below!
BEFORE YOU GO!
Request your exclusive invitation to join Health & Happiness Community TODAY!
Latest posts by Emily Kyle (see all)
- Vegetarian Hummus Tacos with Avocado Cream - February 22, 2017
- The Health Benefits of Turmeric + How to Use It - February 20, 2017
- Turmeric Golden Milk Yogurt Bowl - February 19, 2017
- Why Air Quality Matters – A Review of Intellipure Air Purification System - February 18, 2017
- Fruity & Frozen Superfood Yogurt Bites - February 12, 2017