Enjoy a Healthy Shamrock Shake for St. Patrick’s Day!
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a homemade, creamy, minty healthy shamrock shake!! Made with 6 wholesome ingredients, this shake is as easy to whip up at home as it is to make a run through the drive through – without all of the added calories, sugar, and mystery ingredients!
A Traditional Shamrock Shake
St. Patrick’s Day will be here in just a few short days, but most people spend weeks getting excited about this Irish Holiday! And you know that when McDonald’s rolls out their ever popular Shamrock Shake that St. Patrick’s day season has officially arrived. Sure it is easy and festive to roll through the drive through and pick up that minty green shake, but did you know each shake contains over 50 ingredients? That’s right – 50 ingredients including high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup solids, and artificial dye – eww, you can catch the full list here.
Not only is the list of ingredients questionable, but a large shake will set you back 820 calories and 115 grams of sugar. Holy crap, that is 29 teaspoons of sugar! And more than 2 days worth of your recommended sugar intake. No one should be eating that much sugar at one time. Ever.Try this homemade #Healthy Shamrock Shake for #StPatricksDay! #plantbased Click To Tweet
Luckily, it is so easy to create your very own Healthy Shamrock Shake at home in as little as five minutes using only a handful of ingredients, many of which you may already have on hand at home. Whats more is that each of these ingredients are wholesome and provides your body with the nutrition, vitamins and minerals needed to help keep your body functioning properly.
A Healthier St. Patrick’s Day
It seems that with every holiday celebration that comes around an abundance of food is sure to be involved. But that doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on the fun or not enjoy yourself! You can still enjoy many of your favorite St. Patrick’s Day treats in a healthier, even more delicious way. This year I have remade some of the classics: A Shamrock Shake, Irish Soda Bread and a special Rainbow Parfait for the little ones. I brought these all to Good Day Rochester and shared them with the group, watch the video and get the recipes below!
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 1 cup of canned, light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure mint extract
- Optional: whipped cream, raw cacao and a strawberry
- If you don't already have frozen bananas, slice up two ripe bananas and throw them in the freezer for an hour or two.
- Add the bananas, mint and spinach to the blender.
- Add the coconut milk, but reserve some of the coconut cream from the top for the topping (if you don't want to use whipped cream).
- Add the vanilla and mint extract.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream or coconut cream as desired.
- Garnish with raw cacao and a strawberry.
I hope that you enjoy a safe and healthy St. Patrick’s Day with friends and family!
P.S. Are you interested in learning more about plant-based eating? Do you want to get healthy & stay happy without ever having to diet again? Be sure to sign up below for your free 5 Day Plant-Based, No Added Sugar, Meal Plan to see exactly how delicious plant-based eating can be!
BEFORE YOU GO!
Request your exclusive invitation to join Health & Happiness Community TODAY!
Latest posts by Emily Kyle (see all)
- Honey & Ginger Warm Lemon Water - January 16, 2017
- 3 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions to Keep All Year Long - January 8, 2017
- Lemon & Chili Sweet Potato Toast - January 8, 2017
- What if Weight Loss Wasn’t Your New Year’s Resolution? - December 30, 2016
- Turmeric & Coconut Roasted Butternut Squash Bisque - December 22, 2016