Did you know that heart disease is the #1 killer of women? And that the number one cause of heart disease is an unhealthy lifestyle? Show your heart some love and trade in that traditional ice cream for some heart healthy Vegan Nice Cream Hearts!
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean that you have to give up your favorite treats, it just means you need to find new, tasty ways to enjoy them, like with these tasty Vegan Nice Cream Hearts!
These Vegan Nice Cream Hearts are a heart healthy dessert that will provide you with a variety of important vitamins & minerals while saving you a ton of excess calories and unnecessary saturated fat!
Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
If you are working towards a happy & healthy lifestyle and haven’t tried nice cream yet, you’re missing out! It is simple really, just frozen bananas blended together with whatever additives you desire. You can blend the bananas with things like plant-based milk, your favorite sweetener, and any other tasty ingredient you may like. When frozen and then blended, bananas develop a wonderfully smooth and creamy texture that proves to be a lovely substitute for ice cream.
Vegan Nice Cream Hearts
These Vegan Nice Cream Hearts can be made anytime throughout the year for a healthy and refreshing snack. Compared to traditional ice cream, nice cream helps to reduce the amount of calories, fat and saturated fat consumed while adding a ton of vitamins and minerals that will help your body function properly like potassium, vitamin C and fiber.Show your #heart some love with #Vegan #NiceCream Hearts!! Click To Tweet
Not only are bananas low in calories, they are a good source of vitamins & minerals as well as fiber. Each banana provides approximately 3 grams of dietary fiber which will help you keep you full and feel satisfied. You probably already know that bananas are high in potassium, but what does potassium do in the body? Potassium is an electrolyte that can help promote heart health by maintaining good blood pressure levels within the body. Show your heart some love and trade traditional ice cream for heart healthy Nice Cream ♥
As Featured on Good Day Rochester
These tasty and delicious vegan nice cream hearts made their debut in my Healthy Ice Cream Treats news segment, be sure to watch the video 🙂
- Heart Mold
- A silicone baking mold is the best tool to use for this recipe because you can easily bend the mold to pop out the ice cream hearts!
- 3 large bananas
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (Trader Joe's has vegan chocolate chips!)
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can of cream of coconut
- ⅛ teaspoon coconut extract
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Slice bananas. Set aside.
- Wash and slice strawberries. Set aside.
- Place the sliced strawberries and bananas in the freezer for 1 hour.
- While the fruit is in the freezer, start the chocolate layer of the heart.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted smooth.
- Evenly distribute the chocolate to each well of the heart mold, creating a smooth and even layer. Place in the freezer.
- When the bananas have been in the freezer for 1 hour, remove and add to a food processor with ½ cup of coconut milk , 2 tablespoons of coconut cream and coconut extract.
- Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the heart mold from the freezer and gently spoon in the banana mixture into the mold until it is approximately halfway way full.
- Pour the additional banana mixture into a bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Place the heart mold in the freezer for 30 minutes. Rinse the food processor and prepare for use again.
- After 30 minutes remove the strawberries.
- Add the strawberries, ½ cup of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of coconut cream and vanilla extract to the food processor.
- Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the heart mold from the freezer and gently spoon in the strawberry mixture into the mold until it is approximately three-quarters of the way full.
- Return the heart mold to the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove and fill the heart molds the rest of the way with the banana mixture.
- Return to the freezer for at least 2 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Once your treats are frozen solid you can easily remove them from the silicone mold.
- Decorate however you wish, like a drizzle of chocolate, unsweetened coconut, or raw sugar sprinkles.
Do you love healthy desserts like these pretty Vegan Nice Cream Hearts? What is your favorite nice cream flavor?
Let me know in the comments section below ♥ And don’t forget to Pin this recipe for later!
P.S. Get your free copy of my 5 Day, Plant-Based, No Added Sugar Meal Plan sent directly to your inbox. Simply click below and I will show you just how easy it can be to get healthy, and stay happy, without ever having to diet again!