Everyone will love this fresh, savory and naturally gluten-free Caprese Salad Grain Bowl packed with anti-inflammatory, plant-based foods like fresh garden tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and creamy avocado served atop gluten-free quinoa.
Caprese Salad Grain Bowl
This Caprese Salad Grain Bowl totally works at breakfast, lunch, or dinner time because it has everything you need to stay full and focused.
I typically like my quinoa sweet, but in this recipe, I am using quinoa as a complete protein in this savory salad.
Paired together with the fat from the avocado and fresh mozzarella, this salad has the right proportions of fat, complex carbs, and protein to make an outstanding breakfast nutritionally speaking.
Flavor, which is obviously more important, is certainly not lacking in this dish either. Just imagine all of this summer goodness together in one bite. Heaven.
The Breakfast Salad
With summer in full swing, I am eating ALL the fresh garden produce I have, including my abundance of cucumbers and tomatoes. But with so much fresh produce, we certainly have to get creative with how we use it up.
Breakfast sandwiches are totally a thing, which is why I don't see why breakfast salads can't be either.
I have always enjoyed a salad for breakfast, especially in the summer months when I am not only using up my fresh garden produce but also sick and tired of cooking. Sometimes I will take a breakfast salad to work with me, and everyone always looks at me like I'm crazy.
If breakfast salads are wrong, I don't want to be right!
Especially a salad as good as this Caprese Grain Bowl. We are currently in the dog days of summer and there is no better flavor combination than that of fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden, paired with creamy mozzarella and a little zing from the balsamic glaze.
If you are new to the Caprese salad flavor combo, you are truly missing out. It's safe to say this could be one of the most amazing flavor combinations ever created.
Get More Cannabis Salad Recipes
Are you looking for more healthy cannabis recipes, including salads and dressings?
I've got you covered with these delicious options below:
- Zesty Lemon Cannabis-Infused Vinaigrette
- Creamy Cannabis-Infused Ranch Dressing
- Chickpea Spinach Salad with Cannabis Lemon Vinaigrette
- Cannabis Strawberry Vinaigrette with Burrata Salad
- Beet & Walnut Cannabis Leaf Salad
- Cannabis Pear and Arugula Salad
- Cannabis Rainbow Chicken Salad
- Cannabis Mango Jicama Prebiotic Salad
- Spiralized Cannabis Panzanella Salad
And if you're struggling with the munchies, be sure to get my 10 Helpful Tips for Managing the Munchies here!
Caprese Salad Grain Bowl
- 6 cups spinach shredded
- ½ cup basil shredded
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt pepper to taste
- Prepare all your ingredients ahead of time so you have your mise en place ready.
- Toss the basil and spinach together.
- Divide the spinach and basil combo evenly among 2 large bowls or Tupperware containers.
- Add 1 cup of cooked quinoa to each bowl.
- Divide cherry tomatoes, avocado, mozzarella evenly among each bowl.
- Just before serving, drizzle half the olive oil and half the balsamic glaze onto each salad.
- Finish with a squirt of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.