Enjoy one of the most beloved flavor combinations of chocolate and peanut butter with these delicious, and easy-to-make, Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter stacks that are topped with good for you ingredients like flax and chia seeds.
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Stacks
I 100%, absolutely, always, must have chocolate or dessert before bed.
Which is OK because I eat pretty healthy during the day, intuitively and joyfully!
But I know I am not the only one who struggles with the late night sweet tooth craving. That is why I like to incorporate healthy ingredients into my dessert.
Instead of focusing on chocolate or any other ingredient as being ‘bad’, I focus on the nutritional benefits of the ingredients in the recipe and how I can enjoy it as a whole.
This is my go-to, healthy but delicious, dessert.
For the Love of Seeds
Seeds are the best. The thing I love about seeds is that it is just so easy to add them to just about any dish you already enjoy.
What is so great about seeds? Here’s a quick overview below, but you can get a complete review in my article The Health Benefits of Chia Seeds.
- They are in high in Omega 3’s! Healthy fats which may help to reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high levels of cholesterol.
- They are high in fiber. Seeds contain a unique combination of both soluble and insoluble fiber which means you will stay fuller longer, and in turn, eat less overall, and more
importantlyfeel more satisfied.
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon organic hazelnut spread
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon raw cacao nibs
- Slice your banana into 1/4 inch slices.
- Top each banana with peanut butter.
- *Tip: Want to make life easier? Put your peanut butter into a sandwich bag and smooth it down into a bottom corner. Then take a pair of scissors and snip off the tip of the corner. Voila! You can easily squeeze out the peanut butter onto the banana slices with no mess!
- Top the peanut butter with the Nutella. Use the same technique above for a prettier presentation.
- Sprinkle your chia seeds, flax seeds, and raw cacao nibs over the banana peanut butter stacks.
- Optional - freeze your banana peanut butter stacks! They make an excellent frozen treat!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 130 Saturated Fat: 1.5g Sodium: 35mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Protein: 3g
DON’T FORGET YOUR MEAL PLAN
If you’re looking for additional help in meal planning or discovering new and delicious recipes to try, be sure to download my Free eBook – The Happy & Healthy Flexible Meal Plan below:
Welcome! I’m Emily Kyle, a nationally recognized media registered dietitian nutritionist & holistic cannabis practitioner providing holistic health care for those living with autoimmune and inflammatory conditions. To help you, I offer food sensitivity testing, cannabis education, and this blog which provides free resources including anti-inflammatory recipes, holistic health, wellness and nutrition related articles, and evidence-based cannabis education.