This page may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Enjoy one of the most beloved flavor combinations of chocolate and peanut butter with these delicious, and easy-to-make, Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter stacks that are topped with good for you ingredients like flax and chia seeds.
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Stacks
I 100%, absolutely, always, must have chocolate or dessert before bed.
Which is OK because I eat pretty healthy during the day, intuitively and joyfully!
But I know I am not the only one who struggles with the late night sweet tooth craving. That is why I like to incorporate healthy ingredients into my dessert.
Instead of focusing on chocolate or any other ingredient as being ‘bad’, I focus on the nutritional benefits of the ingredients in the recipe and how I can enjoy it as a whole.
This is my go-to, healthy but delicious, dessert.
For the Love of Seeds
Seeds are the best. The thing I love about seeds is that it is just so easy to add them to just about any dish you already enjoy.
What is so great about seeds? Here’s a quick overview below, but you can get a complete review in my article The Health Benefits of Chia Seeds.
- They are in high in Omega 3’s! Healthy fats which may help to reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high levels of cholesterol.
- They are high in fiber. Seeds contain a unique combination of both soluble and insoluble fiber which means you will stay fuller longer, and in turn, eat less overall, and more
importantlyfeel more satisfied.
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon organic hazelnut spread
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon raw cacao nibs
- Slice your banana into 1/4 inch slices.
- Top each banana with peanut butter.
- *Tip: Want to make life easier? Put your peanut butter into a sandwich bag and smooth it down into a bottom corner. Then take a pair of scissors and snip off the tip of the corner. Voila! You can easily squeeze out the peanut butter onto the banana slices with no mess!
- Top the peanut butter with the Nutella. Use the same technique above for a prettier presentation.
- Sprinkle your chia seeds, flax seeds, and raw cacao nibs over the banana peanut butter stacks.
- Optional - freeze your banana peanut butter stacks! They make an excellent frozen treat!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 130 Saturated Fat: 1.5g Sodium: 35mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Protein: 3g
Download Your FREE Meal Plan Before You Go!
If you’re looking for additional help in meal planning or discovering new and delicious recipes to try, be sure to download my Free eBook – The Happy & Healthy Flexible Meal Plan below:
Welcome! I’m Emily Kyle, a nationally recognized media registered dietitian nutritionist & holistic cannabis practitioner providing holistic health care for those living with autoimmune and inflammatory conditions. To help you, I offer food sensitivity testing, cannabis education, and this blog which provides free resources including anti-inflammatory recipes, holistic health, wellness and nutrition related articles, and evidence-based cannabis education.