Enjoy one of the most beloved flavor combinations of chocolate and peanut butter with these delicious, and easy-to-make, Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter stacks that are topped with good for you ingredients like flax and chia seeds.
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Stacks
Honestly. I 100%, absolutely, always, must have chocolate or dessert before bed. Which is OK because I eat pretty healthy during the day, intuitively and joyfully! But I know I am not the only one who struggles with the late night sweet tooth craving.
For the Love of Seeds
Seeds are the best. The thing I love about seeds is that it is just so easy to add them to just about any dish you already enjoy. I added both flax and chia seeds to this peanut butter banana dessert, they add a great texture and crunch as well as exceptional health and nutrition benefits!
What is so great about seeds? Here’s a quick overview below, but you can get a complete review in my article The Health Benefits of Chia Seeds.
- They are in high in Omega 3’s! Healthy fats which may help to reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high levels of cholesterol.
- They are high in fiber. Seeds contain a unique combination of both soluble and insoluble fiber which means you will stay fuller longer, and in turn, eat less overall, and more importantly feel more satisfied.
As Featured on Good Day Rochester
Everybody loves peanut butter! That’s why I brought some of my favorite peanut butter recipes, like this one, to the set of Good Day Rochester! Watch the video below and learn about why it is a great addition to any dish you love 🙂
These banana peanut butter stacks are a quick and easy nutritious dessert the features fresh bananas, peanut butter, hazlenut spread and heart-healthy seeds like chia and flax.
Slice your banana into 1/4 inch slices.
Top each banana with peanut butter.
*Tip: Want to make life easier? Put your peanut butter into a sandwich bag and smooth it down into a bottom corner. Then take a pair of scissors and snip off the tip of the corner. Voila! You can easily squeeze out the peanut butter onto the banana slices with no mess!
Top the peanut butter with the Nutella. Use the same technique above for a prettier presentation.
Sprinkle your chia seeds, flax seeds, and raw cacao nibs over the banana peanut butter stacks.
Optional - freeze your banana peanut butter stacks! They make an excellent frozen treat!
DON’T FORGET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and never feel guilty about eating dessert. Just think of crafty ways to incorporate nutritious ingredients to ensure you are serving your body with the nutrients it needs to feel happy & healthy. If you’re looking for additional help in meal planning or discovering new and delicious recipes to try, be sure to download my Free 16 page eBook – The 5 Day Happy & Healthy Meal Plan below:
Do you love chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do? Let me know in the comments section below!
Latest posts by Emily Kyle (see all)
- How Practicing Gratitude Can COMPLETELY Change Your Life in 2019 - December 17, 2018
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies – Gluten Free - December 10, 2018
- Delicious Christmas Morning Breakfast Ideas You Need To Try This Year - December 7, 2018
- Work From Home in Your Dream She Shed Office + 2018 GIVEAWAY - December 5, 2018
- 3 Simple Steps to Enjoying a Less Chaotic Holiday Season - December 1, 2018