Every morning is a good morning when you start with a delicious & nutritious breakfast! Make breakfast time great with these Freezer Friendly Homemade Breakfast Sandwiches.
Homemade Breakfast Sandwiches
There is nothing I love more than the monthly The Recipe Redux recipe challenges, they help to keep me creatively cooking in the kitchen, while also reminding me just how fast time is passing by! This month’s challenge is super fun and nostalgic:
Stir up some of your earliest culinary recollections. Did you stand at your grandmother’s elbow to learn to cook? Or did you learn by stumbling through a cookbook by yourself? Share a healthy recipe and the accompanying story about one of your first cooking memories.
First Cooking Memories
Growing up with my sister who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 7 really influenced my interest and passion for nutrition. From a very young age, I was always aware of the need to properly fuel my body with nutritious foods, consistently. My mom helped to make sure we were always eating well and recognized the value of a good breakfast. I can remember my mom making my sister a breakfast sandwich every morning at 6am in her bathrobe with a cup of coffee (haha, sorry mom!!)Freezer-friendly breakfast sandwiches make breakfast time quick & easy!Click To Tweet
Of course, I was a teenager who was too cool for breakfast and ‘hated eggs’. It’s funny how times change, 10 years later I could not live without breakfast! A hearty breakfast is a key to keeping me happy & healthy all day long, and without it, I get pretty hangry. I find that eating a good breakfast in the morning helps to keep me from overeating during the day, especially lunch time, which is why I try to make breakfast one of my biggest meals of the day.
If you, like many people, find yourself resisting breakfast in the morning, I urge you to make small steps into adding breakfast into your morning routine. Having a great breakfast will help you to keep from overeating later in the day, and will also help you to get the nutrition you need to power through your day. If you make these Breakfast Sandwiches, you will even get a serving of veggies at breakfast time!
As Featured on Good Day Rochester
You know how much I love to share all of my favorite recipes on Good Day Rochester! Watch the video below to see just how easy it can be to make your own nutritious & delicious breakfast!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ small white onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, diced small
- 1 package of uncured ham
- 6 farm fresh eggs
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, thin sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and set heat to medium. Add the onions and cook about 2 minutes. Add the peppers and cook until soft, followed by the broccoli until everything cooked to your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Lightly grease the wells of a muffin tin and layer in the ham, lining each muffin tin.
- Gently scramble 1 egg and add to each well.
- Add in sautéed vegetables.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- While the eggs are baking, you will want to lightly toast your English muffins.
- Top with cheese.
- Remove eggs from oven and let cool.
- Gently remove the egg cups from the muffin tin and place on top of English muffin.
- Top with cheese and the other half of the English muffin.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly in parchment paper followed by saran wrap.
- Freezer friendly for up to 3 months.
- When you're ready to thaw, simply place in the refrigerator overnight. Unwrap saran wrap and microwave for 60-90 seconds.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do, and I hope you enjoy making healthy meals that are simple and delicious! What are your favorite breakfast sandwich toppings? Be sure to let me know in the comments section below!
BEFORE YOU GO!
Request your exclusive invitation to join Health & Happiness Community TODAY!
Latest posts by Emily Kyle (see all)
- Welcome to The Millennial Garden - April 10, 2017
- Pink Fresh Fruit Spring Rolls with Strawberry Mint Dip - April 6, 2017
- Balsamic Grilled Asparagus & Blackberries with Almonds - March 28, 2017
- Naturally Dyed Deviled Eggs - March 20, 2017
- Apple & Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cake - March 20, 2017