This page may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Make breakfast time great with these easy-to-make ahead Freezer Friendly Homemade Breakfast Sandwiches that can be easily customized to include different vegetables and flavors.
Homemade Breakfast Sandwiches
While I am always advocating for a whole-foods, plant-based lifestyle whenever possible, the reality is that it is not always possible – and that’s OK.
Part of developing a healthy relationship with food includes being OK to making a meal choice that is not made from scratch or entirely plant-based when necessary.
And more importantly – not freaking out about it!
The fact of the matter is that life gets insanely busy, and sometimes eating dinner doesn’t go beyond reaching into the freezer and pulling out something you can quickly throw in the microwave.
Whether you’re busy carpooling the kids to and from soccer practice and busy running from your day job to your side hustle, time can keep up from cooking a meal. I have traveled a LOT for work this year and have again found myself in a few situations where I didn’t have the time or the energy to prepare a meal.
But we all need to eat, and that is why I always keep a freezer friendly breakfast sandwich available at home.
First Cooking Memories
Growing up with my sister who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 7 really influenced my interest and passion for nutrition.
From a very young age, I was always aware of the need to properly fuel my body with nutritious foods, consistently. My mom helped to make sure we were always eating well and recognized the value of a good breakfast.
I can remember my mom making my sister a breakfast sandwich every morning at six o’clock in her bathrobe with a cup of coffee (haha, sorry mom!!)
Of course, I was a teenager who was too cool for breakfast and ‘hated eggs’. It’s funny how times change, 10 years later I could not live without breakfast!
A hearty breakfast is a key to keeping me happy & healthy all day long, and without it, I get pretty hangry. I find that eating a good breakfast in the morning helps to keep me from overeating during the day, especially lunch-time, which is why I try to make breakfast one of my biggest meals of the day.
If you, like many people, find yourself resisting breakfast in the morning, I urge you to make small steps into adding breakfast into your morning routine.
Having a great breakfast will help you to keep from overeating later in the day, and will also help you to get the nutrition you need to power through your day.
If you make these Breakfast Sandwiches, you will even get a serving of veggies at breakfast time.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, diced small
- 1 package of uncured ham
- 6 farm fresh eggs
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, thin sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and set heat to medium. Add the onions and cook about 2 minutes. Add the peppers and cook until soft, followed by the broccoli until everything cooked to your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Lightly grease the wells of a muffin tin and layer in the ham, lining each muffin tin.
- Gently scramble 1 egg and add to each well.
- Add in sautéed vegetables.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- While the eggs are baking, you will want to lightly toast your English muffins.
- Top with cheese.
- Remove eggs from oven and let cool.
- Gently remove the egg cups from the muffin tin and place on top of English muffin.
- Top with cheese and the other half of the English muffin.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly in parchment paper followed by saran wrap.
- Freezer friendly for up to 3 months.
- When you're ready to thaw, simply place in the refrigerator overnight. Unwrap saran wrap and microwave for 60-90 seconds.
Download Your FREE Meal Plan Before You Go!
If you’re looking for additional help in meal planning or discovering new and delicious recipes to try, be sure to download my Free eBook – The Happy & Healthy Flexible Meal Plan below: