This fresh Spiralized Zucchini Panzanella Salad is made with zucchini, mushrooms, vine-ripened tomatoes, and homemade crouton dressed in a zesty Lemon Vinaigrette. This recipe can be easily adapted to suit both gluten-free and dairy-free lifestyles.
Zucchini Panzanella Salad
Plant-based eating continues to be a popular trend in the health and wellness space, and for good reason. Not only is plant-based eating better for the environment, but it is better for your overall health as well.
Studies show that consuming more whole, plant-based foods on a daily basis can help to reduce the risk of several chronic illnesses.
I always tell my students that the best way to enjoy more plant-based foods is to swap some of the traditional ingredients in your favorite dishes for plant-based options for a fresh and nutritious twist.
This summer at your family BBQ, try this fresh Zucchini Panzanella Salad instead of your traditional anti-pasta salad made with white pasta and processed meat. This delicious twist that will help you to enjoy a mouth-watering plant-based salad swap with an extra serving of veggies!
Heart Healthy Ingredient Swaps
One message I am passionate about is that everyone – regardless of their health – should enjoy their food and lifestyle while being mindful of their wellness. By making heart-healthy ingredient swaps, you can make a popular dish better for your heart.
By swapping this Fresh Zucchini Panzanella Salad for the traditional anti-pasta salad made with white pasta and processed meat, you are deciding to support your heart heath. Some other delicious heart healthy ingredient swaps include:
- Using plant proteins rather than meat – think tofu, tempeh, or beans
- Replace cow’s milk with hemp milk, sunflower seed milk, or almond milk
- Use whole grains rather than refined grains
- Load up on fresh herbs and spices to give your meals a little extra kick of flavor
- When in need of sweetener, use a natural sugar substitute such as maple syrup, honey, or stevia
Get More Cannabis Salad Recipes
Are you looking for more healthy cannabis recipes, including salads and dressings?
I've got you covered with these delicious options below:
- Zesty Cannabis-Infused Lemon Vinaigrette
- Creamy Cannabis-Infused Ranch Dressing
- Chickpea Spinach Salad with Cannabis Lemon Vinaigrette
- Cannabis Strawberry Vinaigrette with Burrata Salad
- Beet & Walnut Cannabis Leaf Salad
- Cannabis Pear and Arugula Salad
- Cannabis Rainbow Chicken Salad
- Cannabis Mango Jicama Prebiotic Salad
- Cannabis Caprese Salad Grain Bowl
And if you're struggling with the munchies, be sure to get my 10 Helpful Tips for Managing the Munchies here!
Spiralized Zucchini Panzanella Salad
- ¼ loaf or 2 slices day-old bread of choice*, torn into 1" pieces
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 small zucchini spiralized
- ½ pint grape tomatoes quartered
- ½ cup diced roasted red peppers
- 4 ounces baby portabello mushrooms sliced
- 2 whole scallions white and green parts, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup Lemon Vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the torn bread pieces in a single flat layer. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, and parsley. Toss gently to coat.
- Bake the croutons for 10-minutes, stirring once halfway through. The cooked croutons should be toasted and golden brown. Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- If you haven't already, spiralize your zucchini into 'zoodles'. If you do not have a spiralizer, simply use a vegetable peeler to make thin strips of zucchini 'noodles'.
- In a large mixing bowl add the spiralized zucchini, grape tomatoes, roasted red pepper, sliced mushrooms, scallions. Toss well.
- Add the Lemon Vinaigrette to the bowl and toss well until all ingredients are lightly coated.
- Gently toss in the homemade croutons and fresh mozzarella. Serve immediately.