This page may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
These Ginger Chicken Collard Green Wraps are a quick and easy, low-carb, high-protein lunch or snack comes together in less than 5-minutes for a delicious, satisfying meal that is low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free and AIP and Paleo friendly.
Ginger Chicken Collard Green Wraps
When it comes to healthy eating, it has to be quick, it has to be easy, and it has to be accessible, even when you’re following a diet like the paleo autoimmune protocol.
When faced with the choice of quick and convenient vs. healthy and delicious, quick and convenient wins every single time.
So it is my goal to make healthy and delicious ALSO quick and convenient.
Hence these delicious Ginger Chicken Collard Green Wraps, one of my favorite simple lunches that can be ready in less than 5 minutes.
What Are Collard Green Wraps?
Typically reserved for southern cooking, collard greens are a big, sturdy flat
Naturally low-carb and gluten-free, collard green wraps are the perfect vehicle for enjoying any and all delicious sandwich ingredients.
No matter which diet or lifestyle you follow, collard green wraps are a perfect way to experiment in the kitchen while enjoying the health benefits of this nutritious, dark leafy green.
Simply lay out your collard green wrap, fill it up, and wrap like a burrito.
For the Chicken
- 1/2 cup diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon liquid coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
For the Wrap
- 1 whole collard green leaf
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced, optional
- 1/2 cup vermicelli rice noodles, optional
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts, optional
- If using vermicelli rice noodles, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes to soften before draining.
- In a small bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, aminos and ginger. Set aside.
- On a flat surface, lay the collard green wrap down and carefully remove any prominent stems as needed.
- Fill the collard green wrap in the center with the chicken mixture, avocado, carrots, cabbage and bell pepper.
- If using the rice noodles, drain and add to the wrap.
- Add the crushed peanuts.
- Roll the collard green wrap shut like a burrito, tucking in the ends and sides to ensure no ingredients slip out.
- Cut in half just before serving. Enjoy!
Rice vermicelli is a very fine noodle made of ground rice and used primarily in Asian cooking.
* To make this recipe Paleo and AIP friendly, omit the bell pepper, rice noodles and peanuts. Double up on the avocado, carrots and cabbage.
RELATED POSTS AND RECIPES:
- Step by Step Guide to Rolling Fresh Spring Rolls
- Fresh Zucchini Panzanella Salad with Asian Dressing
- Stir Fry Sesame Snow Peas & Purple Cauliflower