Whether you love the taste of garlic & lemon or are just looking for another hearty meatless meal to add to your collection, these Greens & Beans Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms are perfect for you!
Greens & Beans Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
If you’re looking to add more meatless meals to your weekly meal plan you must try this nutritious and delicious go-to dinner recipe that features white beans, kale and fresh lemon juice nestled inside a baked portabella mushroom.
These Greens & Beans Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms are a perfectly healthy Meatless Monday dish that will keep you and the whole family coming back for more week after week.
If you love the flavor of garlic & lemon, this recipe is perfect for you! This is the best meatless dinner because the portabella mushroom cap is so hearty, you will never miss the meat.
The white beans in this dish provide you with the protein and fiber needed to keep you full all night long, and all of that kale will give you vitamins K, A & C, calcium and B vitamins and more fiber! Don’t care for kale? NO PROBLEM! You can use any hearty green in this dish including spinach, collard greens, swiss chard or beet greens.
This dish is a nutrient powerhouse that tastes amazing. I make this recipe at least once a week in the summer when there is an abundance of fresh kale or swiss chard in my garden. If you’re looking for a little more flavor, add a bit of mozzarella cheese to the dish, but if you’re vegan go ahead and skip the cheese and enjoy this tasty meal as is 🙂
As Featured on Good Day Rochester!
This recipe was featured on my Good Day Rochester news segment as we celebrated National Garlic Month. Watch the video below and get some great information about how garlic can benefit your health and some awesome and delicious garlicky recipes!
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more if you love garlic!)
- 4 cups of kale or other leafy green, chopped
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 can of beans, white, cannellini, or pinto, rinsed
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the cap of the mushroom and flip over so the mushroom is gill side up. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the gill side. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place into the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking:
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a cast iron skillet and set the heat low.
- Add 1 tablespoon of garlic and let cook for 60 seconds.
- Begin to add the kale by the handful, it will begin to wilt down as it cooks.
- Gradually add the vegetable stock as the kale wilts.
- After you've added all of the kale and it has cooked down, add the beans and the lemon juice.
- Let cook for another 2 minutes.
- When the portabella mushrooms are done, remove them from the oven and fill the caps with the greens & beans.
- Sprinkle with a bit of mozzarella cheese if desired. Place back into the oven for 3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove and enjoy!
This one of my go-to favorite meatless meals and I hope you enjoy these Greens & Beans Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms as much as I do!
Do you love mushrooms too? Let me know in the comments section below!
BEFORE YOU GO!
Subscribe to get your weekly dose of holistic wellness, health & happiness!