This post, Lets Get Checked At Home Personal Health Testing, has been sponsored by LetsGetChecked. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.
You Are Your Own Health & Wellness Advocate
We live in an incredible era where we have access to more information than we have ever previously had access to.
With the rise of the internet comes the incredible opportunity to do things that we could have never dreamed of doing before, and it gives us a unique chance to be proactive and to enhance the quality of our lives on our own terms.
This is especially true when it comes to healthcare – perhaps one of the most important and influential factors in our lives.
Last year, I went through a rough patch with my own health. I was sick for over two months and doctors were unable to help me and give me the personalized attention that I needed in order to truly get better. While it was one of the worst experiences of my life, I learned so much about health and healthcare during that time.
The biggest lesson I learned is that you are, and need to be, your own health and wellness advocate.
No one will do it for you. No one will care about your health like you do. And no one knows your body quite like you do.
It is now easier than ever to be proactive and take charge of your own health thanks to LetsGetChecked, the world’s leading personal health testing service that ensures that customers can track, monitor and improve their health from the comfort of home.
LetsGetChecked delivers testing services directly to customers using the same laboratories that top-class hospitals use, only quicker.
Lets Get Checked At Home Personal Health Testing
While I respect conventional medicine, I have always taken a more holistic approach to my healthcare.
I believe that doctors and other health care professionals truly want what is best for people on a broad scale, but after working in a clinical setting in a hospital for two years, I have learned that it is just not possible. With the current state of healthcare in America, it is just not possible to provide personalized, one-on-one attention in a way that many people need.
Luckily, thanks to LetsGetChecked and other advancements in modern healthcare technology, it has never been easier to take a proactive approach to your own health and wellness with at
LetsGetChecked is a medical technology platform linking customers to regulated laboratory testing to better manage and control their personal health from home.
This company is revolutionizing the way you can monitor, track and improve your health from the comfort of your own home.
LetsGetChecked offers an alternative when you don’t have time to sit in a physician’s waiting room. It offers high quality medical care and consistent support, which allows you to take control and know your health.
Let’s talk about the convenient, confidential and accurate way to get tested…
With discreetly packaged tests and next day delivery, there’s no need to take time off work to visit a doctor or queue in a clinic. Results are processed in accredited LetsGetChecked labs and delivered to your online account in 2 to 5 days.
Every aspect of the service is 100% private and confidential to protect your identity from discreet billing and plain packaging for LetsGetChecked kits to all test samples and results being anonymised.
LetsGetChecked never shares your personal information with any third parties or insurance providers.
The home tests use the same laboratories as primary care physicians, hospitals and state healthcare. LetsGetChecked uses cutting edge patient ID technology to ensure anonymity and prompt delivery of results.
What Can LetsGetChecked Test For?
Don’t Forget to Use the Code “Emily15” to get 15% off Your Entire Order
LetsGetChecked uses the same laboratory tests as primary care physicians to check various health conditions ranging from General Health to Sexual Health Test, Cancer Screenings & Fertility Screenings.
Convenient general health checks for our busy modern lives. From your heart, to your liver, from basic vitamins to complex antigens, LetsGetChecked offer a wide range of general health tests are the best way to get a clear picture of your overall wellbeing.
- Basic Vitamin Test – Identifies key vitamin deficiencies: Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Folate Serum
- Celiac Disease Check – Identifies Celiac disease antibodies in the body: Tissue Transglutaminase (TAA/IgA), Endomysial Antibodies (AEAB/EMA)
- Cortisol Test – To measure the levels of cortisol or stress in your body.
- CRP Check – To measure the levels of CRP, C-reactive protein, or inflammation in your body.
- Diabetes Test – Tests for the presences of diabetes: Hemoglobin A1C, % of A1c
- Folate Test – Measures your folate levels.
- Heart & Cholesterol Test – Identify or monitor your heart and cardiovascular health: Total Triglycerides, Cholesterol, HDL (high density lipoprotein), LDL (low density lipoprotein)
- Iron Level Test – To measure your iron levels for anemia or haemochromatosis: Iron, TIBC, Ferritin, Transferrin Saturation
- Kidney Function Test– Takes a look at the health of your kidneys: Urea, Creatinine, eGFR
- Liver Check – Check or monitor how well your liver is working: Bilirubin, Total Protein, Albumin, Globulin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Gamma GT, Alanine Transferase
- Lyme Disease Test – Identify the presence of Lyme disease in the body: Borrelia (BORR)
- Omega 3 Test – Monitor omega 3 and omega 6 levels: Omega 3 Omega 6
- Thyroid Test – Measures key hormone levels to determine how your thyroid is performing: Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Free Thyroxine (T4), Free triiodothyronine (T3)
- Thyroid Plus Test – Measures hormones & antibodies to determine how your thyroid is performing: Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Free Thyroxine (T4), Free triiodothyronine (T3), T4, TGAB, TPEX
- Vitamin B12 Test – Measures your vitamin B12 levels.
- Vitamin D – Measure your vitamin D levels to protect against seasonal adjustment disorder.
Revolutionary at-home STD testing, for your peace of mind. Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are extremely common, and most show no symptoms. If you’re concerned about your sexual health, or simply want to keep an eye on it, LetsGetChecked offers a range of checks to give you peace of mind.
- Simple 2 – Detects Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, which may not show symptoms.
- Basic 3 – Detects Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea and Trichomoniasis, which may not show symptoms.
- Standard 5 – The most popular home STD test which covers the 5 most common Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Trichomoniasis, HIV (I, II, P24 antigen), Syphilis
- Complete 10 – The broadest home STD test which covers the 10 most common bacterial and viral infections: Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Trichomoniasis, HIV (I, II, P24 antigen), Syphilis, Gardnerella, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, Herpes Simplex, Herpes Simplex II
One in two people will get a form of cancer in their lifetime and the best form of prevention is early detection. The LetsGetChecked range of cancer screening services will provide accurate results and peace of mind.
- Bowel FIT – The most widely used cancer screening service. This fecal immunochemical test checks for the presence of colorectal cancer in men and women by detecting tiny amounts of blood in your stool.
- Cervical HPV – Detects high risk strains responsible for cervical cancer in women: HPV types 16, 18, 13, 33, 35, 45, 51, 56, 58, 59, 66 and 68.
- Prostate PSA – Measures PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) levels which are linked to prostate cancer, the number one cancer in men: This test measures the total prostate specific antigen (PSA), Free prostate specific antigen (PSA), Calculated prostate specific antigen ratio
- Breast and Ovarian BRCA Check (*Coming soon!)- This test detects genetic mutations linked to breast and ovarian cancer. Breast cancer being the number one cancer in women: BRCA gene 1 BRCA gene 2.
Fertility & Hormone Screenings:
- Ovarian Reserve – Measures your ovarian reserve, the number of eggs you have in your ovaries: Anti Mullerian Hormone
- Female Hormone – Gives you a complete overview of your fertility status: Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Lutenizing Hormone, Prolactin, Oestradiol
- Male Hormone – Gives an overall view of your hormonal health as a man: by measuring Testosterone, Sex Hormone, Binding Globulin (SHBG), Free Androgen Index
- Progesterone – Ovulation – measures your ability to ovulate on Day 21 of your cycle, offering a better overall picture of your reproductive health.
- Testosterone Check – Measure the amount of testosterone in your blood: Testosterone
- Male Hormone Plus – Provides a comprehensive picture of your hormonal health by measuring Testosterone, Sex Hormone, Binding Globulin (SHBG), Free Androgen Index, Oestradiol
- Male Hormone Advanced – Gives an overall view of your hormonal health as a man by measuring Testosterone, Sex Hormone, Binding Globulin (SHBG), Free Androgen Index, Oestradiol, Prolactin
How LetsGetChecked Works
My Personal Experience
As I mentioned earlier, I had gone through my own health struggles last year and found myself weary of solely relying on the doctors office to tell me about my health.
In a traditional medical setting, not only do you have to spend (too much) time in waiting rooms, to ask the doctor to order the test, and then wait to receive the test results, but there is no chance the doctor will actually order the test you want. What’s more, is depending on your insurance, it may cost you more money in high deductible fees to get the test done in the first place.
Again, going back to being proactive, I found myself drawn to LetsGetChecked and the ease and simplicity of getting the test done. I chose to get the Basic Vitamin test which checks your Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, and Folate Serum levels because I had low vitamin D last winter.
The package arrived so quickly, right to my doorstep, discretely and conveniently. I didn’t have to wait in line, sit in traffic, or wait for a provider to see me. Inside I found everything I needed to collect my own blood sample, along with very clear, concise directions on exactly what to do and how to do it.
If you’re worrying about collecting your own sample, don’t be! The process is truly painless, just a tiny little finger stick. From there you simply extract the desired amount of blood drops and place your sample in the prepaid shipping container. I took my shipping container right to my local UPS dropoff location and off it went!
In less than 5 days I had my results. Not only were they delivered to me online, but a lovely nurse who works for LetsGetChecked called me to go over my test results with me. She was kind, informative, and I could tell she really wanted to help and makes sure I was comfortable with the results and the next steps to take.
To my surprise, my vitamin D level is STILL low – despite baking in the sun for the past three months. I thought it was fine, but it turns out I wasn’t.
I am SO glad I got this test done because now I am empowered enough to know what is wrong and how to fix it.
Even more important, I can address the issue before it becomes an even bigger issue with winter fast approaching. Living in Upstate NY I know that seasonal affective disorder is a real thing and that our vitamin D levels play a big role in that.
I plan on doing the Thyroid Check next. I just love the convenience, the ability to take control of my health, and the amazing service from everyone at the LetsGetChecked team.