By spending 1 hour over the weekend doing some meal prep, you can ensure you have a delicious and nutritious breakfast for 2+ weeks! Here I will show you how to make traditional quiche, as well as 12 mini quiche all at the same time. The mini quiche cups freeze and reheat easily for a quick and easy breakfast on the go – each with only 95 calories and 7 grams of protein!
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 sweet peppers
- ½ a white onion
- 1 tomato*
- 10 mushrooms
- ½ head of broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fat free or low-fat milk
- 16 organic cage free eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop veggies into small pieces.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add olive oil & garlic.
- Cook the vegetables until your desired tenderness (but remember that they will also cook a little bit in the oven!)
- For added flavor, try adding no-salt seasoning, black pepper, granulated onion and turmeric.
- When cooked to your desired doneness, turn the stove off and set the pan aside.
- *For the regular sized quiche you will want to use a pie dish. Prepare the same way you do the muffin tins below.
- To prepare your muffin tins: Spread room temperature softened butter into each reservoir - making sure that every area is well coated.
- Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and gently shake into the mold until you have a light, even coating. This will be your crust.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk in the milk.
- Ladle the eggs into the muffin cups until the cup is approximately ½ full.
- Add in your reserved vegetable mixture from the stove until the cup is approximately ¾ full.
- Place the quiche in the center of the oven and bake the minis for 25 minutes, the large for 55 minutes. Place on a baking rack and let cool completely.
- To Store: Once your Egg Muffins are completely cooled you can place them into individual ziplock baggies, or for even better storage use a vacuum sealer! You can store them in the freezer for up to two months.
- To Thaw: When you're ready to eat your tasty quiche you have two options. You can either pull your quiche from the freezer and put it directly into the microwave for 90 seconds or you can pull your quiche from the freezer the night before you need it and place it in the refrigerator overnight and then place it in the microwave for 45 seconds when you're ready to eat it.
This is the way I make quiche at least once a month, so I hope this can help to make meal prep easier for you too! Living a happy & healthy lifestyle can be easy if you know what you’re doing, it just takes a little time and preparation. And don’t forget to Pin this recipe for later!
BEFORE YOU GO!
Subscribe to get your weekly dose of holistic wellness, health & happiness!