This page may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Learn how to make this customizable Healthy Crustless Quiche Recipe for the week along with 12 mini-quiche to keep in the freezer for meal prep, so you can ensure you have a healthy breakfast all month long.
Health Vegetable Crustless Quiche
Today I can’t wait to show you how to make a traditional crustless veggie quiche, as well as 12 mini quiche, all at the same time.
The best part is that they don’t have to all be the same! You can switch up the ingredients as much as you want so that you can have a variety of mini-quiches throughout the month.
The large crustless quiche makes an excellent quick and easy lunch or dinner, while the mini-quiche cups freeze and reheat easily for a quick and easy breakfast on the go.
Quiche from Farm Fresh Eggs
I can’t say enough great things about eggs for both nutrition and taste. We even raise our own chickens in The Millennial Garden so that we always have our own farm-fresh supply.
Thankfully, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans no longer recommends
There is not enough evidence to show that dietary cholesterol impacts levels of cholesterol found in the body (1).
We know that breakfast is an important time to make sure you are getting a nutritious meal to fuel your day which is why eggs are a fantastic meal choice.
Unfortunately, mornings tend to be hectic and rushed and often times breakfast gets forgotten.
Thankfully, that is where a healthy vegetarian quiche comes in.
This may be the one recipe on my website that I make the most often, and crustless quiche is definitely my favorite recipe to meal prep.
It is so easy to make one big crustless quiche to keep in my fridge for a quick breakfast all week long, plus the 12 mini-quiches to store in the freezer so that I can have a nutritious breakfast, even on the busiest of days.
The Versatility of Crustless Quiche
The best part about this recipe is that you can use any vegetables that you like. I typically use whatever I have left in my fridge that I want to use up to help reduce our
You can add spinach, broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, or whatever is in season at the time. The more veggies, the better!
Some of my favorite combinations include:
- Asparagus, Kale & Goat Cheese (pictured above)
- Mushrooms + Onions + Bell Peppers
- Spinach & Mushrooms & Tomatoes
The Best Vegetarian Quiche
There are so many amazing ways to create the best vegetarian quiche recipe. I enjoy making them crustless, but you can make a pie crust or buy a refrigerated pie crust to make them more filling.
You can use whatever type of cheese you prefer as well, like feta cheese or gruyere cheese, or no cheese at all if you don’t eat dairy or live a dairy-free lifestyle.
Additionally, for more protein, you could add uncured bacon or homemade sausage.
Make a Crustless Vegetable Quiche
Whipping up a healthy crustless quiche is quick, easy and fun!
Start off by picking your veggies, chopping them and sauteeing them lightly in olive oil. Whisk your eggs and milk together in a separate bowl.
Feel free to add salt and pepper for some more flavor!
Sprinkle cheese in a deep dish pan and muffin tins to serve as the crust for each. Gently pour the egg mixture into the pan and tins and add the cooked veggies.
You can sprinkle some more cheese on top here if you’d like.
Freeze whatever you don’t plan to immediately eat so you have them for a busy time when you need something quick to eat over the next couple of months.
Below is my healthy crustless quiche recipe you can follow or you can use it to gain inspiration for your own great recipe. Make sure to comment below with what your favorite healthy crustless quiche recipe is so we can all try it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 16 organic farm fresh eggs
- 1 cup milk, dairy or nondairy
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and onion. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the pepper, mushrooms, and spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes. or until you reach your desired tenderness. Remember that they will also cook a bit in the oven.
- Stir in garlic, black pepper, turmeric, and turn off the heat.
To Prepare the Baking Dishes
- For the regular sized quiche you will want to use a glass pie dish. For the mini-quiche you will want to use a muffin tin.
- To prepare your muffin tins: Spread room temperature softened butter into each reservoir, making sure that every area is well coated.
- Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and gently shake into the mold until you have a light, even coating across the bottom and sides. This will be your crust.
- Repeat the same process for the pie dish. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk in your milk of choice until smooth.
- Ladle the eggs into the muffin cups until the cup is halfway full.
- Spoon the reserved vegetable mixture into the cup until it is approximately ¾ full.
- Repeat the same process for the large quiche.
- Place the quiche in the center of the oven and bake the mini-quiche in the muffin tin for 25 minutes and bake the large quiche for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- When done, place on a baking rack to let cool.
- Once your egg muffins are completely cooled you can place them into individual containers, or for even better storage use a vacuum sealer, You can store them in the freezer for up to two months.
To Thaw: When you're ready to eat your tasty quiche you have two options. You can either pull your quiche from the freezer and put it directly into the microwave for 90 seconds or you can pull your quiche from the freezer the night before you need it and place it in the refrigerator overnight and then place it in the microwave for 45 seconds when you're ready to eat it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 mini-quiche
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 95 Protein: 7g
Download Your FREE Meal Plan Before You Go!
If you’re looking for additional help in meal planning or discovering new and delicious recipes to try, be sure to download my Free eBook – The Happy & Healthy Flexible Meal Plan below: