Learn more about what a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner is, how one can help you to adopt a personalized lifestyle approach to using cannabis as medicine, and how healthcare practitioners can become Certified Holistic Cannabis Practitioners themselves to achieve greater results for their clients.
What is a Holistic Cannabis
When used appropriately cannabis is a safe and effective medicine for a wide range of therapeutic indications.
However, recommendations for appropriate use require an individual who is properly educated in both healthcare, and the cannabis plant, to be able to make educated, informed, and safe recommendations to the public.
That is where a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner comes in.
A Holistic Cannabis Practitioner is a healthcare provider who has completed the required training program through the Holistic Cannabis Academy and passed the exam to demonstrate their cannabis competency in both education and practical application.
How to Become a Holistic Cannabis
It has been a great joy to see how many of my well-respected colleagues ranging from physicians, registered dietitian nutritionists, health coaches and more have shown interest in using cannabis as medicine inside their practice.
Cannabis is the forefront of the future of medicine and there is no better time than now for healthcare professionals to invest in their education and ability to be cannabis competent providers.
The signature Holistic Cannabis Practitioner program is an online training curriculum that features expert faculty in the fields of medical cannabis, aromatherapy, acupuncture, nutrition, yoga & other integrative disciplines.
The program is not only about learning a new & ancient healing modality, but it’s also about developing vital skills in cannabis counseling & consulting.
As a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner, You Can Expect to:
- Become a medical cannabis professional
- Develop an exceptional, practical knowledge based on current research of medical cannabis
- Integrate cannabis into other holistic healing modalities such as nutrition, aromatherapy, yoga & massage
- Learn the language of cannabis to increase your confidence in having conversations
- Learn how to broach the topic of cannabis with patients who may not appear open-minded
- Increase understanding & application of the various cannabis forms & modes of administration
What Do You Get with the Signature Program?
- 31 (1-hour) educational training modules
- 27 of the 31 are audio modules with slides by leading cannabis & holistic healthcare experts
- 4 of the 31 modules are video interviews with cannabis clinicians & advocates about setting up a cannabis consulting practice
- Ready-to-go education handouts for you to offer your clients, supporting the salient points of your counseling sessions
- Links to additional, vetted research studies, book chapters & other resources for more in-depth learning to accompany modules
- Access to the online 2016 Holistic Cannabis Summit – a 4-day event with 28 experts
- Upon successful completion of the 31 Holistic Cannabis Academy modules, students take a 125-question multiple-choice exam to receive the Holistic Cannabis Practitioner certificate of training
- Once certified, a professional profile is listed in the online HCA Practitioner Directory
Why Should You Take the Holistic Cannabis Practitioner Program?
You should take the Holistic Cannabis
There is no better time to jump in and join your forward-thinking colleagues who are passionate about offering the latest and most ancient healing tool by becoming a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner.
*When you sign-up through my affiliate account below, you will also receive a DISCOUNT on your tuition purchase price.
Who Can Become a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner?
The program was designed for those actively involved in a health & wellness career, who are yearning to add cannabis consulting to their toolboxes.
Start by Asking: Is this Program for Me?
- Are you a nurse who knows that cannabis alleviates the side effects of chemo? Find out how much more this plant can do for your patients.
- Are you an herbalist who realizes that cannabis is in your wheelhouse? Isn’t it time to learn about this ancient plant’s healing power and put it into your toolbox?
- Are you a dietitian or nutritionist who believes that food is medicine & recognizes that cannabis is a plant?
- Are you a pharmacist who recognizes that plants are medicinal (think foxglove & valerian), get ready to dispense cannabis (in some states) & cannabis advice to clients?
- Are you an aromatherapist who uses the astounding powers of essential oils? Integrating cannabis will bring your practice to another level.
- Are you a chiropractor or massage therapist who deals with pain daily? Cannabis can be the game-changer you’ve been waiting for.
- Are you a doctor or physician’s assistant who never learned about the endocannabinoid system & cannabis? Now is the opportunity to be the progressive practitioner you set out to be!
The following Health & Wellness Professions are Eligible to Become a Holistic Cannabis Practitioners (this is not an exclusive list):
- Medical Doctor (MD, DO)
- Physicians Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Integrative Health & Nutrition Coach
- Integrative Clinical Nutritionist
- Certified Holistic Health Coach
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Herbalist or Aroma
- Yoga Therapist
Can I Enroll if I Do Not Have a Health Professional Designation?
Yes, if you have been working in the cannabis industry as a
Will I be able to start practicing as a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner after Completing the Signature Program?
It is important to remember that the Holistic Cannabis Academy is not a licensing body. Licensing laws vary by state & country and this certification will only enhance your practice as a practitioner within your already designated scope of practice.
If you can legally practice as a health coach or other health practitioner, the Holistic Cannabis Academy is the best option for learning how to incorporate cannabis education into your practice.
The Holistic Cannabis Academy simply provides you with the education, tools & confidence to fulfill your dreams of bringing medical marijuana to its rightful place in healthcare.
Are Continuing Education Credits Available for Health Professionals?
Current Continuing Education Approvals:
The Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics has awarded 30 CPE units for the signature HCA practitioner program.
The National Association of Nutrition Professionals has approved the HCA signature programs for 30 continuing education credit hours as part of its Advanced Specialty Education Program.
Holistic Cannabis Academy is a preferred provider of the Nutrition Therapy Association, which grants 24 continuing education hours for the program.
The Canadian Health Coach Alliance & the Canadian Association for Integrative Nutrition offer 30 continuing education credit hours for the program.
How Long Does it Take to Finish the Program?
The full 31-module signature practitioner program takes 4-5 months to complete. Modules are released to learners 1-2 per week.
Think of the program as a full semester graduate-level class.
How Does the Holistic Cannabis Academy Differ from other Programs?
The Holistic Cannabis Academy differs from other medical marijuana training programs in several ways. In many other pieces of training, the focus is the theoretical, not the practical.
We translate the theoretical into the practical by featuring faculty who integrate cannabis into holistic healthcare & who are terrific educators.
We want you to have both clinical & business success so we teach you how to implement your knowledge to help your clients & build your business.