This article has been written and fact-checked by Emily Kyle MS, RDN, CLT, HCP, a Certified Holistic Cannabis Practitioner and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Click here to learn more.
Learn more about what a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner is, how one can help you to adopt a personalized lifestyle approach to using cannabis as medicine, and how healthcare practitioners can become Certified Holistic Cannabis Practitioners themselves to acheieve greater results for their clients.
Cannabis as Medicine
I am so excited to announce that I have finally passed my exam to practice as a Certified Holistic Cannabis Practitioner through the Holistic Cannabis Academy.
With this certification, I will now be able to enhance my functional nutrition practice with an educated cannabis foundation when working with patients with inflammation, chronic pain, anxiety, insomnia, or other health conditions.
Unfortunately, cannabis stigma still exists due to the federally illegal status of marijuana. Just a year ago, I was too nervous to even say the word cannabis out loud, especially in social or professional circles.
Today, I am thankful that practitioners and consumers alike are quickly coming around to the idea that there are many evidence-based, therapeutic, and medicinal uses for hemp and marijuana.
I believe that cannabis is a powerful herb that has unfairly been given a bad name by individuals who have misused it in the
It is my personal and professional goal that with my education, my passion, and my platforms I will be able to help to change the face of cannabis users by promoting skillful use, not justified abuse, for mainstream medical and therapeutic care.
Be disciplined, be empowered, be educated. R
View this post on Instagram
I AM OFFICIALLY A HOLISTIC CANNABIS PRACTITIONER 🙌🏼🙌🏼 . I have been studying night and day to pass this exam!! I am so excited to be out of the cannabis closet on a professional level. I’ve dedicated so many hours to learning about how to use cannabis as medicine and now I can’t wait to incorporate it into my work 🙌🏼 . As my first official work as a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner I will be speaking in April at the New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting and Expo on “CBD (Cannabidiol) Breaking into the Health Space – How Healthcare Professionals Can Lead The Conversation”. . Life is good!! Thank you for your continued love and support!! Thank you @tomatowellness for this amazing shirt!! 🍅♥️ HAPPY FRIDAY!! . And I will be posting on the blog more about what a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner is, but feel free to send me any questions 😘 . . . #cannabis #cannabiscommunity #cannabisculture #cannaculture #cannabinoid #cbd #cbdoil #cbdoilforsale #cannabidiol #holistichealing #holistichealth #antiinflammatorydiet #chronicillness #chronicpain #chronicpainwarrior #rdchat #rd2be #dietitiansofinstagram #holisticnutrition #allnatural #thyroidhealing #hashimotosdisease #thyroidhealing #hypothyroidism #publicspeaking #publicspeaker #marijuanagrowers #marijuanamodels #marijane
Combining Cannabis and Functional Nutrition
In my private practice, I take a holistic and personalized lifestyle approach to functional nutrition.
Just as I believe in a personalized, individual, and tailored lifestyle approach to health and wellness, I believe in a personalized, individual, and tailored approach to cannabinoid medicine.
I believe that cannabis has the ability to provide you with the tools needed to manage everyday, simple health conditions and enhance overall health, wellness, and wellbeing on a
That is why it was a natural fit, as a registered dietitian nutritionist, to pursue my passion for cannabis as medicine, especially as it relates to our overall health and wellness.
Many of the debilitating health issues that face my clients, like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, and Migraines, have both scientific and anecdotal evidence to show how cannabis can play an integral role in the restoration of health.
What is a Holistic Cannabis Practicioner?
I believe that when used appropriately cannabis is a safe and effective medicine for a wide range of therapeutic indications.
However, recommendations for appropriate use requires an individual who is properly educated in both healthcare, and the cannabis plant, to be able to make educated, informed and
That is where a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner comes into the picture.
A Holistic Cannabis Practitioner is a healthcare provider who has completed the required training program through the Holistic Cannabis Academy and passed the exam to demonstrate their cannabis competency in both education and practical application.
How to Become a Holistic Cannabis
It has been a great joy to see how many of my well-respected colleagues ranging from physicians, registered dietitian nutritionists, health coaches and more have shown interest in using cannabis as medicine inside their practice.
Cannabis is the forefront of the future of medicine and there is no better time than now for healthcare professionals to invest in their education and ability to be cannabis competent providers.
The signature Holistic Cannabis Practitioner program is an online training curriculum that features expert faculty in the fields of medical cannabis, aromatherapy, acupuncture, nutrition, yoga & other integrative disciplines.
The program is not only about learning a new & ancient healing modality, but it’s also about developing vital skills in cannabis counseling & consulting.
As a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner, You Can Expect to:
- Become a medical cannabis professional
- Develop an exceptional, practical knowledge based on current research of medical cannabis
- Integrate cannabis into other holistic healing modalities such as nutrition, aromatherapy, yoga & massage
- Learn the language of cannabis to increase your confidence in having conversations
- Learn how to broach the topic of cannabis with patients who may not appear open-minded
- Increase understanding & application of the various cannabis forms & modes of administration
What Do You Get with the Signature Program?
- 31 (1-hour) educational training modules
- 27 of the 31 are audio modules with slides by leading cannabis & holistic healthcare experts
- 4 of the 31 modules are video interviews with cannabis clinicians & advocates about setting up a cannabis consulting practice
- Ready-to-go education handouts for you to offer your clients, supporting the salient points of your counseling sessions
- Links to additional, vetted research studies, book chapters & other resources for more in-depth learning to accompany modules
- Access to the online 2016 Holistic Cannabis Summit – a 4-day event with 28 experts
- Upon successful completion of the 31 Holistic Cannabis Academy modules, students take a 125-question multiple-choice exam to receive the Holistic Cannabis Practitioner certificate of training
- Once certified, a professional profile is listed in the online HCA Practitioner Directory
Why Should You Take the Holistic Cannabis Practitioner Program?
You should take the Holistic Cannabis
There is no better time to jump in and join your forward-thinking colleagues who are passionate about offering the latest and most ancient healing tool by becoming a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner.
*When you sign-up through my affiliate account below, you will receive a discount on your course purchase price.
Who Can Become a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner?
The program was designed for those actively involved in a health & wellness career, who are yearning to add cannabis consulting to their toolboxes.
Start by Asking: Is this Program for Me?
- Are you a nurse who knows that cannabis alleviates the side effects of chemo? Find out how much more this plant can do for your patients.
- Are you an herbalist who realizes that cannabis is in your wheelhouse? Isn’t it time to learn about this ancient plant’s healing power and put it into your toolbox?
- Are you a dietitian or nutritionist who believes that food is medicine & recognizes that cannabis is a plant?
- Are you a pharmacist who recognizes that plants are medicinal (think foxglove & valerian), get ready to dispense cannabis (in some states) & cannabis advice to clients?
- Are you an aromatherapist who uses the astounding powers of essential oils? Integrating cannabis will bring your practice to another level.
- Are you a chiropractor or massage therapist who deals with pain daily? Cannabis can be the game changer you’ve been waiting for.
- Are you a doctor or physician’s assistant who never learned about the endocannabinoid system & cannabis? Now is the opportunity to be the progressive practitioner you set out to be!
The following Health & Wellness Professions are Eligible to Become a Holistic Cannabis Practitioners (this is not an exclusive lis):
- Medical Doctor (MD, DO)
- Physicians Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Integrative Health & Nutrition Coach
- Integrative Clinical Nutritionist
- Certified Holistic Health Coach
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Herbalist or Aroma
- Yoga Therapist
Can I Enroll if I Do Not Have a Health Professional Designation?
Yes, if you have been working in the cannabis industry as
Will I be able to start practicing as a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner after Completing the Signature Program?
It is important to remember that the Holistic Cannabis Academy is not a licensing body. Licensing laws vary by state & country and this certification will only enhance your practice as a practitioner within your already designated scope of practice.
If you can legally practice as a health coach or other health practitioner, the Holistic Cannabis Academy is the best option for learning how to incorporate cannabis education into your practice.
The Holistic Cannabis Academy simply provides you with the education, tools & confidence to fulfill your dreams of bringing medical marijuana to its rightful place in healthcare.
Are Continuing Education Credits Available for Health Professionals?
Current Continuing Education Approvals:
The Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics has awarded 30 CPE units for the signature HCA practitioner program.
The National Association of Nutrition Professionals has approved the HCA signature programs for 30 continuing education credit hours as part of its Advanced Specialty Education Program.
Holistic Cannabis Academy is a preferred provider of the Nutrition Therapy Association, which grants 24 continuing education hours for the program.
The Canadian Health Coach Alliance & the Canadian Association for Integrative Nutrition offer 30 continuing education credit hours for the program.
How Long Does it Take to Finish the Program?
The full 31-module signature practitioner program takes 4-5 months to complete. Modules are released to learners 1-2 per week.
Think of the program like a full semester graduate level class.
How Does the Holistic Cannabis Academy Differ from other Programs?
The Holistic Cannabis Academy differs from other medical marijuana training programs in several ways. In many other trainings, the focus is the theoretical, not the practical.
We translate the theoretical into the practical by featuring faculty who integrate cannabis into holistic healthcare & who are terrific educators.
We want you to have both clinical & business success so we teach you how to implement your knowledge to help your clients & build your business.
Well, there you have it, how I officially became a Certified Holistic Cannabis Practitioner. If I didn’t answer your question with the information above, please feel free to contact me directly.
Cannabis Related Content
A collection of health & wellness articles relating to the culinary and medicinal use of cannabis authored by Holistic Cannabis Practitioner and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Emily Kyle.
- What is a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner (& How to Become One!)
- What You Need to Know Before You Buy Cannabis Oil
- CBD Oil 101: What You Need to Know for Health and Wellness
- CBD Infused
Chapstic– A Wellness Essential
Homemade Hemp Seed Milk
Easily make your own creamy Homemade Hemp Seed Milk in under 30 minutes. Naturally vegan, gluten free, Paleo, Keto, and Whole30 approved.Get the Recipe
CBD Infused Pumpkin Spice Latte
Warm, soothing and packed with anti-inflammatory spices, this naturally vegan and gluten-free CBD Infused Pumpkin Spice Latte brings together the comfort of the traditional PSL with the healing benefits of pure CBD Oil for an experience like no other.Continue Reading
5 Surprising Health Benefits of Kombucha Fermented Tea
Learn more about these 5 Health Benefits of Kombucha Fermented Tea, including Hemp Infused Kombucha, and how this delicious beverage can help to support a happy & healthy holistic lifestyle.Continue Reading
Hemp & Avocado Deviled Eggs
A unique twist on the classic party favorite, these Hemp & Avocado Deviled Eggs are a high protein, mayo-free, wholesome snack.Continue Reading
Easy Banana Sushi
Everyone in the whole family will love this Easy Banana Sushi, an easy, fun-to-make treat that will help to get your kids in the kitchen to develop a love of cooking at a young age.Continue Reading
Anti-Inflammatory Tuna Flatbread Sandwich - 3 Ways
Anti-inflammatory Tuna Faltbread Sandwiches with 3-Recipe Twists.Continue Reading
Welcome! I’m Emily Kyle, a nationally recognized media registered dietitian nutritionist & holistic cannabis practitioner providing holistic health care for those living with autoimmune and inflammatory conditions. To help you, I offer food sensitivity testing, cannabis education, and this blog which provides free resources including anti-inflammatory recipes, holistic health, wellness and nutrition related articles, and evidence-based cannabis education.