Everyone in the family will love this easy-to-make and easy-to-clean-up sheet pan garlic tofu & brussels sprouts dinner that is naturally plant-based, vegan, gluten-free and bursting with delicious flavor.
- A simple, one-pan meal perfect for busy weeknights
- A healthy, protein-packed, plant-based dinner option
- Tasty and delicious - everyone will love this meal!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Sheet pan dinners are all the rage, and for good reason - you literally throw everything onto one pan, bake, and enjoy!
There is no need to dirty up extra pots and pans and no need to multitask by cooking several different dishes on the stove and in the oven.
We all know, especially as busy moms, that when it comes to dinner time, simplicity is key.
That's what makes this sheet pan garlic tofu & Brussels sprouts dinner so amazing.
In this guide, you will find the ingredients and step-by-step process for making this tasty dish, notes and expert tips, and fully answered FAQ's.
- Tofu - extra-firm is best, organic if possible
- Brussels sprouts - fresh from the garden or the grocery store
- Olive oil - extra-virgin, if available
- Balsamic vinegar - for taste
- Minced garlic - store-bought minced garlic is perfect
- Salt, ground black pepper - to taste
- Dried cranberries - or try dried cherries for a flavor variation
- Pumpkin seeds - pepitas, or try sunflower seeds or pistachios
- Balsamic glaze - pre-made is perfect
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
The Step-by-Step Process
Step 1 - Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil. Set aside.
Step 2 -Drain the excess water from the container of extra-firm tofu and dice the tofu into 1-inch pieces.
Step 3 -Press the tofu between two clean towels for 15 minutes to wick away additional moisture. *New to pressing tofu? See this recipe for additional instructions.
Step 4 -In a large bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and one tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Step 5 -Add the diced tofu and the Brussels sprouts to the large bowl and toss gently until all of the ingredients are well coated in the oil and vinegar mixture.
Step 6 -Transfer the bowl of ingredients to the reserved lined baking sheet and arrange it in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Step 7 - Remove the sheet pan from the oven and stir the ingredients well with a wooden spoon.
Step 8 -Evenly spread the cranberries and pumpkin seeds across the entire sheet pan of ingredients. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
Step 9 -After 10-minutes, remove the pan from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic glaze just before serving.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
This meal is best enjoyed immediately after it is prepared. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Reheat any leftovers with your desired method.
Notes and Expert Tips
- As tempting as it may be, don't skip the process of pressing the tofu! Removing the extra water really helps to keep everything crispy and delicious.
- Feel free to get creative with your toppings! Dried cherries are a great swap for cranberries, and pistachios and sunflower seeds are a great alternative for pumpkin seeds. You could even use hemp seeds if you wanted!
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you don't have to, but you will get the best final dish if you do.
Shredded Brussel sprouts are nice because they are already clean and ready to use, but they will change the cooking time for this recipe. If you want to use them, I would let the tofu cook on its own for 10 minutes, then add the shredded Brussels to cook for another 10, and then follow the rest of the recipe as written.
Sheet Pan Garlic Tofu & Brussels Sprouts
- 14 ounce package of extra-firm organic tofu pressed
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts quartered
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds roasted, salted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- Drain the excess water from the container of tofu and dice into 1-inch pieces.
- Press the tofu between two clean towels for 15 minutes to wick away additional moisture. (New to pressing tofu? See this recipe for additional instructions.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the tofu and Brussels sprouts to the bowl and toss gently until all ingredients are well coated.
- Transfer the ingredients to the lined baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and stir.
- Evenly spread the cranberries and pumpkin seeds across the entire sheet pan. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze just before serving.
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home with ease. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →