Discover the best way to make delicious cannabutter at home with the touch of a button thanks to the LĒVO infusion machine, which will take care of the decarb, infusing, and straining process for you! No mess, no worry, just the perfect cannabutter to use in your favorite recipes.
- How to make cannabutter with LĒVO - sponsored
- Benefits of using the LĒVO C machine
- Tips and tricks for customizing your recipe
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Are you overwhelmed with all the steps needed to make cannabutter at home? Don't worry; you're in the right place!
Decarbing, infusing, straining, and more, these new processes and information, can be a lot to make a simple recipe.
At the touch of a button, this machine will decarb and infuse for you, simplifying the entire process and leaving you with the perfect infused oil.
In this guide, I will help you say goodbye to edible anxiety and hello to unlimited new recipe creations by showing you just how easy it is to make cannabis butter in the LĒVO machine.
- 2 cups clarified butter: also known as ghee. Any other butter option will do; see other choices in the alternate options section below
- ½ ounce cannabis flower: your favorite strain of cannabis flowers; see other choices in the alternate options section below
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - The first step is to determine how much flower and how much butter you want to add. You must start with at least four butter sticks (two cups). See the How Much To Use section below if you need help.
- Step 2 - If you are working with cannabis flower buds, gently break them into popcorn-sized pieces. You do not need to grind the flower. Place them in the pod.
- Step 3 - Secure the top of the pod and hang it from the side of the basin. Add the lid to the basin and place the basin onto the machine.
- Step 4 - Turn the power switch on. Select the activation cycle. Allow this to run for 45 minutes.
- Step 5 - The next step after activation is to remove the basin from the machine and add the magnetic stirrer and then add your desired number of sticks or cups of butter. It is OK if they are solid at this time.
- Step 6 - Add the lid to the basin and place the basin onto the machine. Select the infuse cycle for your desired time and temperature settings. I prefer 160°F for 4 hours. Feel free to find the right temperature for you!
- Step 7 - After the set cooking time, carefully remove the basin from the machine. Remove the lid and lift the pod out of the butter. Allow as much butter to drain before removing the pod from the basin entirely.
- Step 8 - Your cannabutter is ready! Pour into molds or store it directly in the basin. Place in the refrigerator. If you use salted or unsalted butter, you may notice some separation once solid. The liquid can be discarded; the final portion is your cannabis-infused butter.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Cannabutter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, according to the expiration date on the butter you used for the infusion.
If you do not think you will use the cannabutter within three weeks, store it in the freezer.
Remember, when thawing, you want to avoid microwaving the cannabutter to heat it back up.
How Much Cannabis To Use?
You first need to know how much butter you will be using.
The minimum amount of butter or oil to add to the LĒVO C machine is 2 cups; the maximum is 4¼ cups.
A cup of butter is two sticks, so the machine will require two cups or four sticks of butter to start.
Four sticks of butter are equivalent to a pound of butter.
You can use this flower-to-oil ratio guide to determine how many flowers you want to add.
Remember, the more flower you add, the stronger your weed butter will be.
If you need help with how much to use, a great option is to use this edible dosage calculator first, play around with the numbers, and then decide how much to use.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all the different ways you could adjust this recipe.
Butter and Oil Options
The best part of the LĒVO machine is that you can make both cannabutter and cannabis oil.
When making butter, your options include:
- regular butter, salted or unsalted - a good option
- clarified butter or ghee - a better option
Ghee is a better option because it eliminates a straining process.
Regular, salted, or unsalted butter will cause separation, leaving water behind that will need to be discarded.
When preparing this recipe, know that you can add the butter cold or at room temperature. Either option is OK for this butter infusion machine.
If you want to make cannaoil with this machine, follow the same process outlined here and swap in your oil of choice.
Oil options include:
Alternate Flower Options
While it is most familiar to use cannabis buds to make cannabutter, there are many different options to choose from.
And if you want even more cost savings, consider using trim or shake to make this recipe.
Shake is a great cost-saving alternative to flower buds when infusing cannabis to make edibles and topicals.
Benefits of the LĒVO C
This easy-to-use machine has a super sleek touchscreen user interface that allows you to simplify the infusion process with the touch of a button.
The default activate cycle takes care of the decarboxylation process for you with precise temperature control.
This step will help you to optimize potency without any guesswork about what time and temperature to use.
After activation, the precise, customizable time and temperature controls will let you tailor the infusion settings to your preference.
Once set, the machine heats and regulates the temperature with an infrared sensor and specially designed infusion technology, giving you the exact infusion every time.
The process is simple. Add your cannabis product to the power pod, hang it in the basin, and press activate to decarb.
After that, you can add oil or butter to the glass basin, choose your infusion settings, sit back and relax.
Make Big Batches
Looking to infuse large batches of oils and butter? The LĒVO C is for you!
The extra large jumbo pod can hold up to one ounce of flower, allowing you to make stronger, more potent infusions if desired.
Load your cannabis flower into the pod and select activate. After that, you can add up to 4.25 cups of liquid to the 1-liter glass basin.
Big batches are perfect for hosting a cannabis-infused dinner party at home.
Not only can you make edibles easily, but you can also make great-tasting edibles for everyday use.
Infusion without aeration or blades also extends shelf life because air bubbles degrade infusions faster.
With this all-in-one device, there is no need to use a strainer, funnel, or infusion press to remove the plant material from your infusion.
Because the jumbo pod keeps the cannabis in one place, your infusion is ready to use with no extra steps required; remove the pod, and you’re ready to go.
After that, all the removable parts are dishwasher-safe and non-toxic, and the appliance wipes clean.
The glass basin doubles as a storage container, great for meal prep and stashing away those larger batches.
One of the greatest benefits of making your edibles at home is the cost saving.
By infusing at home, you’ll pay a fraction of what you would purchasing pre-made infused oils and foods and have full control over the quality of your ingredients.
Go Beyond Cannabis
You know you can make a cannabis infusion, but did you know that you can also make an herbal infusion from your favorite herbs in the LĒVO?
Acting as an herb infuser is the main purpose of their machines.
Choose your favorite fresh herbs or dry herbs and other botanical ingredients, add them to the herb pod, add your carrier oil of choice, and select your infusion settings.
At the end of the infuse cycle, you will be left with an amazing infused herbal oil that can be used for various things, from the kitchen to skin care.
Rosemary-infused butter, anyone?
Investing in the LĒVO machine is the perfect way to start your own herbal apothecary from the comfort of your own home.
Notes and Expert Tips
- If you are brand new to cannabis edibles, check out my beginner's guide here first. Keep in mind, it is OK to bake your cannabutter at higher temperatures when making brownies or cookies.
- Be mindful of the mg of THC in your final product, as this can have psychoactive effects that can leave you feeling unwell if you consume too much. If you need help dosing, start with this dosing guide.
- You can save the leftover plant matter to use in your favorite recipes at the end of the process.
- This machine comes in many beautiful colors, making it a fun addition to your beautiful kitchen.
- Use this cannabutter recipe with these: 25 delicious cannabutter recipes, these tasty no-bake cannabutter recipes, tasty sweet cannabutter recipes, a cannabutter board or cannabutter steak.
Yes, this machine has a default activate setting that will produce decarboxylated cannabis.
Yes! You can change the time and temperature settings to make other infusions. Low-heat options are perfect for infusing honey or milk, or you can choose a higher temperature for your butter and oil infusions.
The minimum infusion amount of the LĒVO C is 2 cups. If you want to make a smaller batch, use the LĒVO II machine instead.
No, it is not recommended to grind the flower first because it will release more chlorophyll into your final infusion.
No worries, you can re-infuse the cannabutter to fix it.
Yes, it is an easy way to make cannabutter. Don't let the price stop you from considering all the benefits. Beyond ease of use, this inventive kitchen tool will help you save money on a stove, mason jar, aluminum foil, baking sheet, double boiler, crock pot, and more. It is the easiest way to make a proper infusion without investing in anything else.
Yes, LĒVO offers amazing customer support. From their customer support team to the LĒVO website and LĒVO app, there is an option to help guide you through using all LĒVO products, even other models.
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
How to Make Cannabutter with LĒVO
- 1 LĒVO infusion machine
- 2 cups ghee
- ½ ounce cannabis flower
- The first step is to determine how much flower and how much butter you want to add. You will need to start with at least four butter sticks.
- If you are working with cannabis flower buds, gently break them into popcorn-sized pieces. You do not need to grind the flower. Place them in the pod.
- Secure the top of the pod and hang it from the side of the basin. Add the lid to the basin and place the basin onto the machine.
- Turn the power switch on. Select the activation cycle. Allow this to run for 45 minutes.
- The next step after activation is to remove the basin from the machine and the magnetic stirrer and then add your desired number of sticks or cups of butter. It is OK if they are solid at this time.
- Add the lid to the basin and place the basin onto the machine. Select the infuse cycle for your desired time and temperature settings. I prefer 160°F for 4 hours. Feel free to find the right temperature for you!
- After the set cooking time, carefully remove the basin from the machine. Remove the lid and lift the pod out of the butter. Allow as much butter to drain before removing the pod from the basin entirely.
- Your cannabutter is ready! Pour into molds or store it directly in the basin. Place in the refrigerator. If you use salted or unsalted butter, you may notice some separation once solid. The liquid can be discarded; the final portion is your cannabis-infused butter.