Save money, time, and frustration with this step-by-step guide to teach you how to roll a blunt the easy way using an easy-to-use pre-rolled blunt wrap. This cannabis blunt guide also includes alternative options for nicotine-free blunt wraps and CBD blunts for the health-conscious cannabis consumer.
What is a Blunt?
As defined by the dictionary, a blunt is informally known as:
a hollowed-out cigar filled with marijuana (cannabis)noun
A blunt is defined by the traditional tobacco wrap that is it rolled in.
Traditionally rolled in the tobacco pulp or tobacco leaves that encircle a cigar, the tobacco itself is traditionally removed from the blunt wrap and discarded.
In Europe, it is common to keep the tobacco and mix it together with the cannabis before returning to the wrap and rolling what is known as a spliff.
Cigar blunt wrappers were popular back in the day for many reasons, including the fact that they were easily accessible.
Unfortunately, authorities caught onto the fact that consumers were not actually using tobacco blunt wraps to smoke tobacco, making them difficult to obtain.
Thankfully, with the rise of cannabis culture and the nearing of Federal legalization, more and more products are not easily available in the marketplace, making it easier than ever to easily roll a blunt.
Why Would You Choose a Blunt?
People love blunts for many different reasons, but for most people, it boils down to two things: taste & nicotine
- Added Taste - Blunt wrappers from traditional cigars will absorb the flavors of the tobacco and any other ingredients added to a cigar. The taste can range from smokey and chocolatey, to dark and fruity. Many people like the flavor that blunt wraps provide when smoked and many people like to buy flavored blunt wraps for that exact reason.
- Enhanced High - If you’re rolling a blunt with a traditional tobacco cigar wrapper, it is true that you will also be consuming nicotine (1). While this is desired by some due to the added ‘high’ feeling, many people do not want to be exposed to addictive nicotine and will avoid blunts rolled with cigar wrappers for this very reason.
- Generally Bigger - Many of us are social cannabis consumers and prefer to share cannabis in community circles. Because blunt wraps tend to be bigger than traditional joints, they are perfect for sharing with friends and family.
What is a CBD Blunt?
A blunt wrapper can be filled with either a marijuana flower, CBD flower, or a combination of both. The only difference between the two is the THC content.
In states with legalized recreational marijuana, it is easy to purchase your desired marijuana flower strain which will have varying ratios of CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids.
Marijuana flower can contain more than 0.3% THC, while CBD flowers must contain less than 0.3% THC. CBD flower derived from hemp is getting easier to obtain due to the legalization of hemp and is in more of a grey area of legality.
Many people prefer to smoke CBD flowers over traditional cannabis flowers due to the lower psychoactive effects.
What Are Blunt Wraps?
Traditionally, a blunt is made from a cigar which is a tobacco leaf with the tobacco filling removed and instead wrapped around a cannabis filling.
However, as the popularity of consuming cannabis has increased, so have the blunt wrap options on the market today.
Blunt wraps today can be made from traditional tobacco cigars, premade blunt wraps, and/or blunt pre-rolls.
Picking the perfect blunt wrap is all based on personal taste and preference.
Some people enjoy the traditional cigar and tobacco taste, while other people prefer a flavored taste from a flavored blunt wrap. Others prefer the all-natural blunt wrap options on the market today that are often times made from palm-leaves or hemp-leaves.
Nicotine-Free Blunt Wraps
For the health-conscious consumer, nicotine-free blunt wraps are ideal because they are free from the addictive substance nicotine.
A traditional blunt wrap made with a traditional tobacco cigar wrapper does, in fact, result in the consumer ultimately consuming nicotine, even though the tobacco filling has been removed (1).
Pre-Rolled Blunt Wraps
Pre-rolled blunt wraps are much easier to come by these days and make the rolling process easier, and much less messy.
They come pre-rolled, meaning there is no filling or licking or rolling. You simply add your ground cannabis flower to the pre-rolled blunt wrap, pack it in with a small tool, and enjoy.
How To Roll a Blunt the Easy Way
- 1 gram cannabis flower
- 1 each blunt pre-roll or blunt wrapper
- Weigh the cannabis flower if you have not done so already. [mv_img id="25273"]
- Grind the cannabis flower to a semi-chunky grind. This will prevent the flower from tearing holes in the rolling paper. [mv_img id="25274"]
- Carefully add the ground cannabis flower to the blunt wrap. [mv_img id="25278"]
- Use a packing rod to ensure the cannabis flower is tightly packed into the blunt wrap. [mv_img id="25279"]
- Once full and packed, carefully fold the remaining wrapper over itself to enclose the end. [mv_img id="25280"]
- Light the blunt and enjoy. [mv_img id="26229"]