In this Ultimate Guide to Vaping CBD, you will learn how to vape CBD with CBD cartridges and vape pens/batteries, understand the important safety considerations for vaping CBD, and find links and resources of where to buy CBD vape cartridges and CBD vape pen batteries.
Why Would A Woman Vape CBD?
I like to refer to my CBD Vape as ‘mommy’s little helper’.
Vaping CBD is a quick-acting (1-3 minute) way to administer CBD and experience the immediate effect of calming anxiety, taming mood swings, and restoring control of your emotions.
Of course, there are many important health and safety precautions to take before getting started.
In this guide, you will learn about the benefits of vaporizing CBD, how to identify a safe, high-quality CBD vape product, and how to actually vape CBD using a CBD vape pen.
What is CBD Vape Oil?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is the second most abundant cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. CBD is derived from the hemp plant, which is defined as a cannabis plant containing no more than 0.3% THC.
CBD is non-psychoactive meaning it does not give the feeling of intoxication or ‘being high’.
Without the high, CBD still provides the many beneficial compounds found within the cannabis plant such as terpenes, flavonoids, and phytochemicals.
This is why more and more women are turning to CBD vape for the benefits of reduced anxiety, improved mood, better-quality sleep, more enjoyable social interactions, and more.
Are you brand new to using CBD? Click here Learn more about CBD Oil 101 – A Beginners Guide For Getting Started here.
You Can Vape CBD?
Yes, you can vape CBD.
There are many different application methods for using and consuming CBD products ranging from sublingual tinctures, topical absorption, oral consumption of pills or edibles, and inhalation, also known as vaping.
Vaping CBD is a smokeless, low-temperature method of inhaling CBD via vaporization. There are potential benefits of vaping CBD depending on the individual, their certain circumstances, and individual health goals.
However, when choosing a CBD application method, all holistic lifestyle factors must be taken into consideration.
Vaping CBD or THC is a preferred method of consumption for many of my clients for many reasons, but can also pose major health risks if not used appropriately.
Is Vaping CBD Legal?
Hemp and hemp-derived CBD products were made federally legal under The 2018 Farm Bill, but it is important to check with your local state and city regulations to ensure legality.
What are the Effects of Vaping CBD?
While there is limited conclusive evidence of the effects of vaping CBD, there are many anecdotal reports of vaping CBD to produce similar effects typically seen with the use of CBD oil including, but not limited to:
- Pain relief
- Anxiety relief
- Depression relief
- Relaxation benefits
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Improved mood benefits
It is important to remember that CBD affects each person differently, which is why it is important to work with a trained Holistic Cannabis Practitioner when beginning to use CBD for therapeutic health and wellness purposes.
Broad-Spectrum CBD Vape Cartridge
Potential Benefits of Vaping CBD
- Fast Acting. Inhalation of cannabinoids has a typical onset of 1-3 minutes with a lasting duration of 1-3 hours. This is particularly important for those who are using CBD for fast-acting purposes, such as in the case of a panic or anxiety attack.
- Potentially Less Toxic. Compared to smoking raw flower or nicotine-containing products, vaping CBD may contain less carcinogenic or toxic byproducts, depending on the product you are using and the added ingredients.
- Dosing Accuracy. CBD vaping can be dosed fairly accurately in comparison to alternative oral consumption methods. This is especially important when using CBD for the management of chronic health conditions.
- Cannabinoid Retention. Compared to smoking, vaping leaves a much higher, cannabinoid retention rate ranging from 60-90%. This means there is less waste of valuable cannabinoids from vaping rather than smoking.
Health Dangers of Vaping CBD
In recent weeks, there have been hundreds of news stories warning about the health dangers associated with vaping contaminated cannabis and nicotine products. According to CNN, a 7th person has died as a result of vaping related lung disease.
Experts are pointing to a specific culprit for the sudden onset of lung disease: vitamin E acetate which is being added to illicit marijuana products found on the unregulated market.
“And many people have started using illegal vape cartridges containing THC, which also contain significant amounts of vitamin E acetate. Because cannabis oil is pricey, producers use the acetate to dilute and thicken it without affecting its flavor or smell. The thought is that the vitamin E is behind the symptoms the patients have experienced, which include coughing, chest pain and shortness of breath leading to a need for hospitalization.”Source, Washington Post
Because the long-term effects of vaping are unknown, and because of the lack of regulation in the marketplace, we know there is a serious potential risk associated with vaping
- A Health Danger. Vaping CBD, or any substance for that matter, is contraindicated for anyone, especially those with asthma or respiratory conditions.
- Can Cause Long Term Damage: To learn more about the health risks of E-cigarettes and vaping and their impact on the lungs from the American Lung Association, click here.
- Potentially More Toxic. Additional ingredients added to CBD vape cartridges, like the popular thinning agent propylene glycol, become carcinogenic when heated. Read more here.
Emily Kyle Nutrition products are not, and never have been, made with vitamin E acetate, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine or MCT-coconut oil. All of our products, including vapes, are rigorously tested by third-party, independent laboratories and results are posted in the image gallery of each product. Please know that safety is our number one priority. The safety of our customers and clients is of
Will a CBD Vape Get You High?
No, if you are using pure hemp-derived CBD with no added THC, vaping CBD will not get you high.
This is because CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid and does not produce an intoxicating feeling. However, some anecdotal reports indicate that vaping CBD can intensify the euphoric effects often seen with the use of CBD.
Will Vaping CBD Show Up on a Drug Test?
If you are using a pure broad-spectrum CBD product with no added THC, CBD will not show up on a drug test.
CBD oil can be sold as either a Full-Spectrum product or Broad-Spectrum THC-Free product, or a CBD isolate product. While the legal considerations for CBD are that the plant must contain 0.3% THC, full-spectrum products do indeed contain trace amounts of THC.
If you need to be 100% positive you will have no THC in your system, you must opt for a THC free product labeled either broad-spectrum or isolate THC free.
What is a CBD Vape Cartridge?
CBD vape cartridges – also known as CBD vape juice in slang – is CBD that has been formulated to be liquid enough to be used in a CBD vaporizer or CBD vape pen.
CBD vape products are made from CBD extracts but may include additional ingredients in order to be physically functional enough to vaporize with a vaporizer battery. This mixture is packaged in what is known as a CBD cartridge or CBD cart.
The specific additional ingredients used in each cartridge will range from product to product, but all CBD vape products need to contain a mixture of CBD extract and a thinning agent to facilitate vaping.
The most common thinning agents used in CBD vape products are vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, MCT coconut oil, and even vitamin E acetate in unregulated markets – all of which are dangerous if inhaled.
For this reason, the potential health benefits of vaping CBD are in jeopardy. It is recommended to avoid the inhalation of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine because it becomes carcinogenic when heated.
Where to Buy Safe CBD Vape Products
I exclusively recommend my own Broad-Spectrum CBD Vape Cartridge product which was formulated with quality, safety, and purity in mind.
Made with only pure high-quality CBD and hemp-derived terpenes, these terpenes are naturally
Vaporized CBD is smoke-free and easily absorbed by the body to ensure fast-acting relief. My 500mg disposable cartridge is designed to be a quick and effective way to administer your CBD.
Myrcene and limonene are two of the terpenes naturally produced by the hemp plant and are found in all of my products – research indicates that they hold a myriad of beneficial properties.
Broad-Spectrum CBD Vape Cartridge
Not sure how much to take? Enroll in the
What is a CBD Vape Pen or Battery?
CBD vape products come in a small cartridge, but you cannot do anything with the cartridge without a battery, also known as a vape pen, to turn the extract into inhale-able vapor. A vape pen is a small, battery-powered device that heats the CBD liquid into an inhalable vapor.
There are hundreds of thousands of pens, atomizers, portable devices, e-cigarettes, and even tabletop models that plug into the wall. All of these devices work by heating an electric coil. When the plant extracts reach a certain temperature, they turn into vapor which is in turn, drawn into the lungs and then exhaled.
The heating process will decarboxylate CBD-A or THC-A into CBD and THC.
Many vape pens are designed specifically for CBD consumption. Cheap vape pens tend to have fixed temperatures that are high enough to hit over 350+degrees without combusting, while higher-end and more expensive vape pens allow for temperature or voltage control.
A higher-end vape pen with temperature and voltage control is ideal because all cannabinoids activate at different temperatures. THC and CBD can be activated at lower temperatures, while CBG & CBN requires higher temperatures.
Where to Buy a Vape Pen
We are now happy to offer the option to include a Battery Charging Kit with your purchase of a CBD Vape Cartridge for your ease of use and ultimate convenience. You can choose this optional add on at checkout.
- CBD Vape Cartridge
- CBD Vape Pen/Battery/Vaporizer
- Battery Charger
- Choose a high-quality CBD Vape Cartridge from a trusted and reputable brand. Check the ingredients label to ensure no vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, or other additional ingredients added.
- Choose a high-quality CBD Vape Pen/Battery. Refer to the 'Where to Get a CBD Pen' section of this article for product recommendations. Ensure this battery is charged before starting.
- Carefully connect the CBD vape cartridge to the battery pen.
- Your CBD vaporizer is now ready to use. There will be directions on the back of your specific battery to tell you how to use the pen. Many involve the pushing of the button 5 times to pre-heat, followed by a steady holding of the button while a drag from the device is inhaled.
- When you are done using your vaporizer, be sure to charge it before using again. The pen/battery your purchased should have come with a compatible USB charger.
- Connect the USB charger to a wall connector and charge overnight.
Broad-Spectrum CBD Vape Cartridge
• 1 (500mg) Broad-Spectrum CBD Vape Cartridge
• FREE Shipping
Ingredients: 500mg Broad-Spectrum CBD Hemp Extract, Hemp-Derived Terpenes
Colorado-grown Organic Hemp, CO2 Extracted, USA Made in an FDA Approved Processing Facility
• THC-Free, Zero High
• Propylene Glycol-Free (PG)
• Vegetable Glycerine-Free (VG)
• Coconut Oil-Free (MCT)
• Vitamin E Acetate-Free
*This product only contains CBD extract & 100% Natural Hemp-Derived Terpenes. 3rd Party Laboratory Test results available in the product image gallery. Must be 21 years or older to purchase.
• Vaporized CBD is smoke-free and easily absorbed by the body to ensure fast-acting relief. This product has been designed to be a quick and effective way to administer CBD
• This CBD cartridge requires a battery pen for use and is 510 Thread Compatible