Whether it be a a romantic date-night-in or a holiday like Valentine’s Day, these cannabis chocolate covered strawberries will make your next special occasion indulgent, relaxing, and delicious with this easy to make recipe that is completely customizable and ready in as little as 20 minutes.
- Just 3 ingredients needed: strawberries, melting chocolate and your infusion of choice. Garnishes optional!
- Instructions included for 2 different infusion options: cannabis concentrates or decarbed flower or kief.
- No tempering required! Just melt, infuse, dip, and enjoy.
- Dietary Features: naturally gluten-free. Easily made vegan, if desired.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Chocolate covered strawberries are the signature dish for Valentine’s Day.
So what could be better than roses and chocolate covered strawberries on the most romantic day of the year?
Cannabis-infused chocolate covered strawberries!
When I asked my Well With Cannabis Community what recipe they wanted to see last February, it was no surprise these were highly requested.
Both cannabis and chocolate have been claimed to be an aphrodisiac, setting these strawberries up to be the star of any romantic celebration.
Continue reading to learn how to infuse these with your choice of concentrates or flower, helpful tips and tricks, and fully answered FAQs to make sure these strawberries turn out picture perfect the first time.
Join The Community
Join hundreds of members inside my private Well With Cannabis Community to ask questions, find support, and share your creations!
- Strawberries: I highly recommend you wash and dry your strawberries a day before making this recipe. The strawberries cannot have any water on them at all, or the chocolate will seize up and turn into a clumpy, pasty mess.
- Melting Chocolates: Options that work include chocolate chips, melting chocolates, and bars of chocolate. If you want to make this recipe vegan, choose vegan chocolate chips like Enjoy Life options.
- Cannabis-Infusion of Choice: this will depend on which method you pick.
You only need to choose one method, and you should choose depending on what product you already have on hand:
Option #1 - Infused With Concentrates:
Option #2 - Infused With Decarbed Flower or Kief:
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
The Step-by-Step Process
- Step 1 - Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2 - Wash and dry your strawberries well. Set them aside.
- Step 3 - Fill the bottom portion of a double boiler with water. Add the top portion and place over medium-low heat.
- Step 4 - Once simmering, add the melting chocolate and place the lid on.
- Step 5 - Allowing the chocolate to melt slowly. Steam from the bottom pan will heat the chocolate gently.
- Step 6 - Stir occasionally until the chocolate is mostly melted, about 5 minutes.
- Step 7 - Stir in your concentrates or decarbed flower. Stir the mixture until all ingredients are well combined.
- Step 8 - Once everything is incorporated, turn off the heat.
- Step 9 - Gently dip the strawberries into the chocolate, letting the excess chocolate run off before setting on the lined baking sheet.
- Step 10 - Sprinkle decarbed flower, edible rose petals, white chocolate, or other garnishes over the chocolate while it is still wet.
- Step 11 - Repeat until all strawberries are covered. Allow the chocolate to set, about 10 minutes.
- Step 12 - Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for future use.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Notes and Expert Tips
- Wash and dry your strawberries a day before making this recipe. The strawberries cannot have any water on them at all, or the chocolate will seize up.
- My method of melting chocolates involves using the double boiler, but a lot of people report liking to use their microwave to melt chocolate. This is OK - BUT - do not microwave the chocolate if your infusion option is in it - it could destroy your THC and other cannabinoids and terpenes. Instead, melt the chocolate in the microwave and THEN stir in your infusion option of choice.
Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Please note, these are best if enjoyed right away.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Frequently Asked Questions
Making cannabis chocolate covered strawberries can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs asked in my Well With Cannabis Community.
First, verify that your melting chocolate is gluten-free. Then, as long as no cross-contamination has occurred, these chocolate covered strawberries are gluten-free.
Yes, you can use any melting chocolate or chocolate chips that you want, ranging from milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, and more.
Yes! If you like the taste, feel free to garnish these strawberries with finely ground cannabis or kief for an extra potency punch.
I’ve had several people write in and ask if they can make chocolate covered rose petals with this recipe and the answer is yes! Because rose petals are edible, you can simply (carefully) dip them in the chocolate mixture to make chocolate dipped rose petals.
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
Enhance Your Cannabis Education
My beginner-friendly Cannabis Compass Online Course will show you how to dose, use, and apply cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your most unwanted symptoms the natural way from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Cannabis Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pint strawberries patted dry
- 1 cup melting chocolates
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set it aside. Wash and pat dry your strawberries well. Set them aside.
- Fill the bottom portion of the double boiler with 1 cup of water. Place the top insert over the bottom and place over medium-low heat.
- Once simmering, add the melting chocolate. Add the lid. Steam from the bottom pan will heat the chocolate in the top pan, allowing the chocolate to melt slowly.
- Stir occasionally until the chocolate is mostly melted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in your concentrates or flower. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Once everything is melted and incorporated, turn off the heat. Remove the lid.
- Gently dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate, letting the excess chocolate run off before setting it on the lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle decarbed flower, edible rose petals, white chocolate, or any other garnish over the chocolate while it is still wet.
- Repeat until all strawberries are covered. Allow the chocolate to set, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours. These are best if enjoyed right away.
- It is recommended to wash and dry your strawberries a day before making this recipe. The strawberries cannot have any water on them at all, or the chocolate will seize up and turn into a clumpy, pasty mess.
- Option #1 - Infused With Concentrates
- Option #2 - Infused With Decarbed Flower or Kief