This adult version of the favorite Puppy Chow or Muddy Muddies may even be better than the classic recipe. This easy cannabis puppy chow recipe may just be the dank treat your sweet tooth has been waiting for! With this new recipe, your taste buds will be singing as you add this canna munch to your list of all-time favorite snacks.
Table of Contents
- The perfect edible treat for any occasion
- Sweet, quick, and delicious muddy munch
- Dietary features: gluten-free, dairy-free (if using dairy-free chocolate chips) vegan option
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This recipe is just what the Green Fairy Godmother ordered.
It’s the sweet cereal mixture of your dreams and this recipe is an easy-to-make, quick version of the all-time classic snack.
My Well With Cannabis Community loves edible treats that are simple to make and taste delicious. That’s why I’m sharing this cannabis puppy chow mix recipe with you all!
In this post, you will find the recipe, ingredients, expert tips, and a fully answered FAQ. Enjoy and keep munching!
- Cannabutter – this ingredient will infuse your canna crunch with your lovely extracted greens. Feel free to substitute this for cannabis coconut oil if you aren’t a butter-lover.
- Chex cereal – feel free to choose your favorite cereal pieces – rice cereal, corn cereal, or rice Chex cereal, it’s up to you.
- Chocolate chips – dark, semi-sweet, or sweet chocolate chips. Your choice.
- Peanut butter – smooth peanut butter works best, but feel free to use crunchy peanut butter if you’d like, or even infused-peanut butter.
- Powdered sugar – this is essential for the puppy chow/ muddy buddy mix. Make sure you purchase a fine powder and you can use any remaining powdered sugar for an extra light dust at the end.
- Add-in of choice – M&Ms, nuts, pretzels, etc – your choice for an extra fun party mix!
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 – First things first, prepare your cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil. If you have excess butter, store it in the fridge. Set aside.
- Step 2 – Add the Chex mix cereal of choice to a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3 – Line a large baking sheet, or cookie sheet, with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Step 4 – Prepare a double boiler or small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Step 5 – Once the water is hot, add the chocolate chips and peanut butter to the top pan. Stir frequently until the mix is making small bubbles and is silky smooth. Turn to low heat.
- Step 6 – Stir in the cannabutter and vanilla extract and stir until the mix is smooth again.
- Step 7 – Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal in the large bowl. Toss well with a silicone spatula until everything is well coated.
- Step 8 – If you’re adding any optional ingredients, like M&Ms or pretzels, add them now. You can also add the rest of the chocolate if you have any leftovers.
- Step 9 – Transfer the mixture to two gallon-sized ziploc bags. Pour half of the powdered sugar into each bag. Seal the top of the bag tightly and shake well until everything is well coated. You can use up any additional powdered sugar in this step.
- Step 10 – Pour the mixture evenly onto the parchment paper/ wax paper to cool. Keep in a single layer.
- Step 11 – Once completely cool, transfer the mix to an airtight container of your choice.
- Step 12 – Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse this recipe.
Coconut oil – cannabis-infused coconut oil works great here, too.
Peanut butter – you can use cannabis-infused peanut butter if desired.
Cannabis sugar – you can turn your infused cannabis sugar into powdered sugar with a high-speed blender or food processor.
Notes and Expert Tips
- Feel free to use whatever cups of cereal, peanut butter, or any extra toppings you’d like to create the perfect snack for you!
- If you’re new to edibles, be mindful of your THC dosage. Although you want to have a delightful experience, a fun experience, you don’t want to learn the hard way what it means to overconsume cannabis edibles. Start with a low mg THC and go from there until you find the appropriate dose for you and your tolerance.
- Keep this out treat of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
This marijuana puppy chow recipe can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about this recipe from my Well With Cannabis Community.
If this kind of content interests you, consider joining the community for recipe ideas like this as well as other special offers!
16 half-cup portions.
This recipe is rather indulgent, so the best way to ensure this is a healthy treat is to watch your portion sizing and stick to a single serving size.
Of course, just swap your desired amount of cannabutter for the same amount of regular butter. For a half dose, use 2 tablespoons cannabutter to 2 tablespoons butter. Or just swap your desired amount if tbsp of regular butter.
Luckily, you can. This recipe stays fresh for up to a week in the refrigerator. It’s perfect for the busy holiday season or gifting to friends.
Simply swap coconut oil for the butter.
Determine The Dose
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
More Candy Recipes You Will Love
Take your edibles to the next level…
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types – all from the comfort of your own home.
Cannabis Puppy Chow (Muddy Buddies)
- Prepare your cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the Chex mix cereal of choice to a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler over medium-high heat.
- Once the water is hot, add the chocolate chips and peanut butter to the top pan. Stirring frequently until the mixture is silky smooth.
- Stir in the cannabutter and vanilla extract and stir until the mix is smooth again.
- Pour this mixture over the cereal in the large bowl. Toss well with a silicone spatula until everything is well coated.
- If you're adding any optional ingredients, like M&Ms or pretzels, add them now.
- Transfer the mixture to a gallon-sized zip-top plastic bag. Gently dust the powdered sugar over the mix, seal, and shake well until everything is well coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the parchment paper to cool.
- Once completely cool, transfer the mix to an airtight container of your choice.
- Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Nutrition facts calculated without add-ins.
- Avoid using the microwave when working with infused butter or oil. It could ruin the potency of your product.