This creamy cannabis peanut butter is the perfect way to level up your edible game. From using a small amount on top of your favorite cookie to building a tasty sandwich, the possibilities are endless. Here you will learn to make cannabis peanut butter with multiple cannabis infusion options.
- Made with just two simple ingredients: peanuts and oil
- Features a creamy texture that is perfect for a peanut butter fan who wants to easily consume cannabis
- Dietary features: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and vegetarian
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Whether this is your first time making edibles or you're a seasoned pro, this recipe is for you. It's simple, straightforward, and so delicious!
You can add this delicious spread to a sandwich and take it with you in your adult lunch box, or add it to any yummy treat of choice, like brownies, for the ultimate cannabis experience.
This recipe is one of my Well With Cannabis Community's favorite edibles because there is very little prep time, and once it is made, you can add it to just about anything.
In this post, you will learn how to make cannabis peanut butter, get my expert tips and tricks for making this recipe perfectly, and discover some of the best ways to consume this cannabis peanut butter.
Buy Cannabutter Online
Skip the hard work and have perfectly dosed, delicious, pure Bliss Cannabutter delivered directly to your door! Shop Now →
- Unsalted, dry roasted peanuts: Using whole peanuts is essential for making your own peanut butter at home. However, if you want to buy pre-made peanut butter and infuse it - you totally can. I recommend natural peanut butter with minimal, organic ingredients.
- Cannabis oil: This ingredient will infuse the recipe. Find all of the different types of cannabis oil you can use in the Alternative Infusion Options section below.
- Kief - optional: Kief is a concentrated version of cannabis that can increase the potency, if desired.
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
Step 1 - Prepare your cannabis oil. See oil infusion options below.
Step 2 - Add the peanuts to a food processor or blender. Pulse at 30-second intervals for several minutes until the ground peanuts become smooth.
Step 3 - As the peanut butter becomes smooth, add the oil or flower and mix until well incorporated.
Step 4 - Store in a glass jar and label as desired. Stir well before enjoying.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
You can store this peanut butter in the refrigerator for 2-4 weeks.
Alternate Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something.
Below we will explore the different ways you could infuse this recipe with your favorite active ingredients.
Many types of cannabis-infused oils will work in this recipe.
Liquid oil will work best, such as MCT oil or even infused peanut oil. Just keep the taste of the oil in mind; a tablespoon of olive oil will lend a noticeable taste to your final product that you may not like.
Like coconut oil or cannabutter, a solid oil is not ideal for this recipe as it hardens at room temperature.
Adding a small amount of decarbed cannabis or kief to your peanut butter is an easy way to increase the potency.
Note that you leave the flower in the peanut butter, so keep your taste and texture preferences in mind.
Concentrates are perfect for infusing this edible recipe.
No matter which type of concentrate you have, first check to see if it needs to be decarbed. Cannabis distillate and FECO do not need to be decarbed first.
Once ready, you can mix the concentrate with a small bit of oil before blending in with the peanuts.
The only way alcohol-based cannabis tinctures will work in this recipe is to evaporate off all of the alcohol first and create FECO, which can then be used as a cannabis concentrate.
Notes and Expert Tips
- Don't forget the important step of cannabis decarboxylation before adding any flower or kief to the peanut butter
- Take your own personal tolerance into consideration, you may only need a little bit of cannabis to make an infusion with your preferred dose and potency
- If you have others at home who need virgin peanut butter, you can easily make a whole, uninfused batch and just infuse a small bit of cannabis into a single serving as needed
- Remember, it takes a couple of hours for edibles to be processed by the digestive system. Don't consume a second serving until you know you're ready, you don't want to have a bad time!
- Before each use, be sure to give the jar a little stir to ensure the peanut butter is mixed well
Frequently Asked Questions
Making weed peanut butter can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about making infused peanut butter from my Well With Cannabis Community.
This recipe takes about 10 mins to prepare.
You can use any nuts or seeds you want: almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, or even hemp seeds.
It varies by person and amount of THC used, but you can expect the effects of edibles to last anywhere from 2 hours to 12 hours. Learn more in my guide to edibles here.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
How To Use Canna Peanut Butter
Now comes the fun part, some ideas on adding this peanut butter to your favorite dishes.
- Add it to ice cream for a sweet and savory treat
- Make cannabis peanut-butter cookies or peanut butter blossoms
- Drop a tablespoon of peanut butter onto a rice krispy treat or Oreo
- Smear on top of a cracker or make tasty cannabis firecrackers
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Easy Homemade Cannabis Peanut Butter
- 3 cups unsalted, dry roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup cannabis oil
- 1 gram kief optional
- If needed, prepare your cannabis oil ahead of time.
- Add the peanuts to a food processor or blender. Pulse at 30-second intervals for several minutes until the mixture becomes smooth.
- As the peanut butter becomes smooth, add in the oil or flower and mix until well incorporated.
- Store in a glass jar, label. Stir well before enjoying.
Ask a Question or Leave a Comment: