These Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies are the same delicious cookies you already know and love made with cannabis-infused coconut oil or cannabutter for a delicious medicated cookie.
Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
Are you interested in using cannabis to improve your health?
Many of my students prefer cannabis edibles for the simple reason that they are better for you than smoking (you avoid those nasty lung problems), but a lot of cannabis-infused recipes out there can be bad for you in other ways.
Theoretically, you could transform any peanut butter cookie recipe into a cannabis-infused peanut butter cookie recipe by simply substituting cannabis-infused oil or cannabis-infused butter for regular oil or butter.
However, that may not get you the best overall results.
Why Eat your Cannabis?
Consuming edibles will result in you absorbing cannabinoids more slowly and thoroughly, which is preferred for many people.
This is particularly important if you are using CBD for its health effects, like to manage anxiety. Also, you don’t end up smelling like cannabis and can enjoy your edibles in front of others without people realizing you’re medicating.
You can buy edibles, including healthy ones, but as with so much else, it’s cheaper to make your own. Just make sure to keep them in a separate jar.
Also, be aware that because of the slowed absorption, if you’re eating edibles to get high some people have been known to overdose because they think nothing is happening, so they have just a little more, a little more, then pow.
Despite that, edibles are generally better for you than smoking. However, if your edibles are chock full of sugar, are those gummies (no nutritional value there!), or contain ingredients that are bad for you, then you’re doing it wrong.
Cannabis should not be the healthiest ingredient in your edibles, but it often is. Cannabis gummies are one of the most popular ways to indulge, especially recreationally, and we all know about candy…
This also makes sure that your edibles don’t inadvertently contain something you happen to be allergic to or have had problems with in the past.
Cannabis-infused food doesn’t have to be junk food, but it can still be a tasty treat that you enjoy.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
If you are looking for a delicious gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe, we have had great success with using cassava flour. Swapping cassava flour for traditional all-purpose flour makes these cookies gluten-free.
These cookies can also work with the Paleo diet if you use seed butter in place of peanut butter (cassava is not a grain, but a tropical root vegetable).
You can generally get cassava flour at your local Whole Foods or even Wal-Mart, or you can order it online. Check your supermarket first though; with the growing popularity of the Paleo diet, it’s become a lot easier to get.
Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe Note:
To make these cookies gluten free, use the same recipe below with the following changes:
- Add another egg for a total of 2 beaten eggs
- Swap 1 cup cassava flour with ¼ reserved for the traditional all-purpose flower
- When following the instructions, only add 1 cup of cassava flour at first. Add the reserved ¼ by the tablespoon, as needed, to get the right consistency in the dough
Dairy-Free Cannabis Cookie Recipe
If you want the full effect, don’t forget to decarboxylate your raw cannabis first. You can also use this oil as a substitute for cannabutter in any edibles recipe.
In other words, this recipe is accommodating to more diets than “normal” peanut butter cookies, whilst still being absolutely delicious and a great vehicle for your CBD or cannabis.
Again, you can use any peanut butter cookie recipe, but this recipe is healthier, especially for people with dietary restrictions
Don’t like (or can’t eat) peanut butter? You can also make this recipe with homemade hemp seed butter.
We also have a lot more recipes available, be sure to download my Free Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan With Tips For Using CBD Oil for more.
Craving the cookies? Here’s the recipe in all of its glory. You can print it out for your convenience.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl with a mixer on medium, cream together the coconut sugar, cannabis-infused coconut oil, and the peanut butter.
- Add the beaten egg to the creamed sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and mix in the baking soda and salt.
- With a hand mixer on low, gently the incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Turn the mixer to medium and mix until a dough is formed. The consistency of the dough should be able to ball up and hold shape.
- Using your hands, create a dough ball approximately 1" and place on a clean baking pan with 3-4 inches of space between the dough balls and the edge of the pan.
- Flatten the dough balls once with a fork, then turn the fork 90° and flatten again to create a crosshatch pattern.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and allow the pan to cool on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy the cookies warm or wait till they cool and store in an airtight container for a later time.
*Note: If you don't have coconut sugar, use 1/2 cup white sugar mixed with 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 cookies Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
More Cannabis Cookie Recipes
Looking for more delicious cannabis cookie recipes? Check out all of our tried and true recipes for a fun, delicious, medicated baking experience!
- Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Cannabis Sugar Cookies
- Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cannabis Cut-Out Sugar Cookies with Cannabis Icing
- Cannabis Anize Spritz Cookies
- Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Cannabis Peanut Butter Blossoms
Looking To Further Your Cannabis Education?
Are you ready to learn more about cannabis and how you can use it to maximize your health and wellness? Click to learn more about my Cannabis Compass Online Course.
This online cannabis education teaches you how to use, apply, and dose all forms of cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your anxiety, pain, and/or inflammation the natural way from the comfort of your own home.