These cannabis peanut butter cookies are the same delicious melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter cookies you already know and love infused with cannabis coconut oil, cannabutter, cannasugar, or cannabis concentrates.
Table of Contents
- Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Ingredient Notes
- The Step-by-Step Process
- Storage Instructions
- Alternate Infusion Options
- Different Dietary Options
- Determine The Dose
- More Cannabis Cookie Recipes
- Easy Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- A super simple recipe for soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with over 200 happy reviews
- Multiple different infusion options included for using cannabutter, cannabis oil, cannabis sugar, and more
- No special ingredients or fancy equipment needed
- This recipe can be the base for the beloved peanut butter blossom
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This recipe is the best warm, delicious, melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter cookie made even better because it comes with multiple cannabis-infusion options.
Yes, you could transform any peanut butter cookie recipe into a cannabis-infused peanut butter cookie.
But if you’re looking for the perfect cannabis peanut butter cookie recipe that has been made specifically with cannabis-infused oil, cannabutter, cannabis sugar, or cannabis concentrates – this is it!
- 1 cup sugar: I use white sugar, but you could substitute cannasugar
- ½ cup cannabutter: Buy my Bliss Cannabutter or make your own. This should be softened to room temperature for the best results
- ½ cup peanut butter: Natural, creamy, or chunky – your choice. Or try cannabis-infused peanut butter for an extra potency kick
- 1 egg: for consistency
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour: white, all-purpose, AP flour works best in this recipe
- 1 teaspoon baking soda: don’t confuse this for baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt: kosher salt or table salt works
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
The Step-by-Step Process
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2 – In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Step 3 – In a separate medium-sized bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and peanut butter.
- Step 4 – Add the eggs to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Step 5 – Beat the ingredients together well with the mixer.
- Step 6 – Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while continuing to mix.
- Step 7 – Mix until a dough is formed.
- Step 8 – Create 1″ dough balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Step 9 – Gently flatten the dough balls with a fork. Flatten again to create a crosshatch pattern.
- Step 10 – Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Step 11 – Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 12 – Enjoy!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
You can store these cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also store them in a sealed container in the fridge where they will last up to two weeks, or store them in a freezer-safe bag for up to 6 or more months in the freezer.
Alternate Infusion Options
You can use any optionn you want, or mix and match them to adjust the potency and taste of your final product.
Cannabis Coconut Oil or Cannabutter
Used interchangeably, baking with cannabis oil or cannabutter is an easy way to infuse a broad-spectrum of compounds like CBD or THC from the cannabis plant and get them into the food you are eating.
As a heads up, you will want to make sure you have one of these recipes prepared BEFORE diving into making your own cannabis-infused peanut butter cookies.
The process involves cannabis decarboxylation and then oil infusion and takes approximately 5-hours.
The process of infusion is nearly the same, but does have some differences, which is why I have two different guides for you:
- How to Make Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil
- Easy, Step-by-Step Guide to Making Cannabutter
- How to Make Cannabutter in the Instant Pot
Again, it is your choice which one you want to make, both work well in this recipe.
You can also make these cannabis peanut butter cookies with cannabis-infused sugar if you have some on hand.
It is entirely up to you whether or not you want to use cannabis oil or cannasugar in this recipe. Additionally, you could use BOTH infused oil or butter and infused sugar together for an extra potent batch of medicated cookies.
Some concentrates and extracts like distillate and FECO do not need to be decarbed first, while other concentrates like wax and shatter need to be decarbed before using in edibles.
Once the concentrate is ready to go, you will simply mix it in with the butter as called for in this recipe. Then prepare the recipe as described in the instructions below.
Different Dietary Options
Cannabis-infused food doesn’t have to be junk food, but it can still be a tasty treat that you enjoy.
This also makes sure that your edibles don’t inadvertently contain something you happen to be allergic to or have had problems with in the past.
In other words, this recipe is accommodating to more diets than “normal” peanut butter cookies, whilst still being absolutely delicious and a great vehicle for your cannabis.
For Gluten-Free Cookies
If you are looking for a delicious gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe, we have had great success with using cassava flour. Swapping cassava flour for traditional all-purpose flour makes these cookies gluten-free.
These cookies can also work with the Paleo diet if you use seed butter in place of peanut butter (cassava is not a grain, but a tropical root vegetable).
You can generally get cassava flour at your local Whole Foods or even Wal-Mart, or you can . Check your supermarket first though; with the growing popularity of the Paleo diet, it’s become a lot easier to get.
Gluten-Free Recipe Note
To make these cookies gluten free, use the same recipe below with the following changes:
- Add another egg for a total of 2 beaten eggs
- Swap 1 cup cassava flour with ¼ reserved for the traditional all-purpose flower
- When following the instructions, only add 1 cup of cassava flour at first. Add the reserved ¼ by the tablespoon, as needed, to get the right consistency in the dough
For Dairy-Free Cookies
Peanut-Free Cookie Recipe
Determine The Dose
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
More Cannabis Cookie Recipes
Looking for more delicious cannabis cookie recipes? Check out all of our tried and true recipes for a fun, delicious baking experience!
Take your edibles to the next level…
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types – all from the comfort of your own home.
Easy Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Gather two baking sheets and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift the flour and mix in the baking soda and salt.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, add the sugar, cannabutter or oil, and peanut butter.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together until the mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beaten egg to the creamed sugar and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
- With the hand mixer on low, gently incorporate the dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed and mix until a dough is formed. The consistency of the dough should be able to ball up and hold shape.
- Using your hands, create a dough ball approximately 1" in size. Place each ball on a clean baking pan with 3-4 inches of space between the dough balls and the edge of the pan.
- Flatten the dough balls once with a fork, then turn the fork 90° and flatten again to create a crosshatch pattern.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool 1-2 minutes.
- Enjoy the cookies warm or wait until they cool. Store extra cookies in an airtight container for a later time.