These soft, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cannabis sugar cookies are an easy, drop-style cookie that can be ready in just 30 minutes. This recipe includes options for infusing these cookies with cannabutter or coconut oil, cannabis sugar, concentrates, and more.
- No special ingredients or fancy equipment needed!
- Multiple different infusion options included for using cannabutter, cannabis oil, cannabis sugar, and more.
- This recipe can be the perfect blank canvas for all of your favorite add-in's, including M&M's, chocolate chips, candy bits and more.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Do you remember those big, soft, chewy sugar cookies from the kiosk in the mall?
These are just like that and can easily be customized to include your favorite add-ins like M&Ms. They are so light and soft and chewy and delicious - truly one of my favorites!
Unlike classic cut-out cookies, these sugar cookies are a drop version of the sugar cookie, meaning these are super easy to make and ready quickly.
This post will review the many different ways you can infuse these cookies, share important tips and tricks, and answer all of your most frequently asked questions!
- Cannabutter: The cannabutter needs to be softened to room temperature for the best result. It won't cream together well if it is cold and hard. Completely melted is not ideal either. You can substitute cannabis coconut oil here, if desired, but it should be room temperature, too.
- Sugar: I use both white sugar in this recipe, but if you want, you could substitute cannabis sugar.
- Cannabis Infusion Options: There are many different ways you can infuse this recipe. Find all of your options from decarbed flower to concentrates under the Alternate Infusion Options section below.
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
The Step-by-Step Process
- Step 1 - Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2 - In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Step 3 - In a separate medium-sized bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Step 4 - Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Step 5 - Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while continuing to mix. Mix until a dough is formed.
- Step 6 - Create 1" dough balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Step 7 - Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Step 8 – Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Alternative Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse this recipe.
Cannabutter or Coconut Oil
To make these delicious cannabis sugar cookies, you will need one of these staple cannabis recipes: cannabis-infused coconut oil or cannabutter.
Oil infusions are an easy way to infuse a full-spectrum of compounds like CBD or THC from the cannabis plant into the food you are eating.
Making butter or oil first involves cannabis decarboxylation and then a water bath that cooks for approximately 4-hours.
That is why I wanted to offer a way to make this recipe with storebought CBD oil or CBD concentrate, which is legal to obtain in nearly all 50 states. You could also use homemade CBD oil if you have some on hand.
For stronger cookies, I recommend using the CBD concentrate which packs in 500mg of CBD in just 1mL volume.
Because this is such a small amount, you can use the recipe and add this to the mixture when you add the eggs and vanilla. For cookies that are not as strong, you can use a traditional CBD oil that will offer anywhere between 16-33mg per mL.
Simply subtract the amount you want to add from the total cup of butter used in the recipe. For example, if you add 1 tablespoon of CBD oil, subtract 1 tablespoon of oil or butter from the 1 cup of butter or oil used.
You can also make these cannabis sugar cookies with cannabis-infused sugar.
Concentrates and Extracts
Some concentrates and extracts like distillate and FECO do not need to be decarbed first, while other concentrates like wax and shatter do need to be decarbed before using in edibles.
If you are unsure, you can checkout our guide to decarbing cannabis concentrates here.
Once the concentrate is ready to go, you will simply mix it in with the 1 cup of butter as called for in this recipe.Then prepare the recipe as described in the instructions below.
These cookies have the same shelf life as any other cookies and should be consumed or frozen within 7 days to prevent spoilage. Additionally, storing these cookies in an air-tight container with a slice of bread will keep them soft and moist.
Notes and Expert Tips
Now, if you have never consumed cannabis edibles before, there are some important things I want you to know first.
Friends don’t let friends jump into edibles without a little first-hand knowledge of what to expect!
Because it’s true, cannabis edibles CAN totally mess you up if you’re not prepared. Before jumping into eating an entire batch of these cookies, I want you to remember:
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More Cannabis Cookie Recipes
Looking for more delicious cannabis cookie recipes? Check out all of our tried and true recipes for a fun, delicious baking experience!
Enhance Your Cannabis Education
My beginner-friendly Cannabis Compass Online Course will show you how to dose, use, and apply cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your most unwanted symptoms the natural way from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Soft, Chewy Cannabis Sugar Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a sepreate mediun-sized bowl, using a hand beater on high speed, cream together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until it is light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed ingredients and beat well on low speed.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while continuing to mix. Mix until all ingredients are well incorproated and a dough is formed.
- Create 1 tablespoon-sized dough balls (using a #100 scoop). Roll them in the ¼ cup of reserved cannabis sugar, if desired.
- Place the dough balls 2" apart on the reserved parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and cool 1-2 minutes before removing from the tray and transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- All ovens bake at different temperatures, and 10-12 minutes is an average baking time. Some ovens will bake quicker, so check your cookies for your desired doneness. Bake time will also depend on the size of your dough balls, so adjust accordingly.