These soft, buttery, medicated Cannabis-Infused Anise Spritz Cookies are a modern take on the beloved classic licorice-flavored Italian cookie recipe from our Grandma Nancy.
Christmas Cookie Baking Traditions
From our morning cup of coffee before letting Ransom come out of his room, to the special infused drinks we enjoy while decorating the tree, everything about Christmas for us has a special meaning.
These traditional Italian Spritz Cookies with Anise are no exception. They are the only holiday cookie, my husband, Chef Phil, really wants left out for Santa each year.
Before Making Cannabis-Infused Cookies
Depending on how strong you want your cookies, you can choose a combination of infusion options for a medicated cookie that is as potent as you want it.
You can easily make this recipe to be either traditional or cannabis-infused.
Making any recipe cannabis-infused is our specialty here, so we have multiple infusion options.
However, if you’re brand new to cannabis edibles, there are a few things to know before you get started so you can ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
You can get started with my Beginners Guide to Cannabis Edibles which will set you up for success in your cannabis kitchen.
Cannabis-Infused Spritz Anise Cookies
One of the best reasons for making this recipe cannabis-infused is that it calls for a whole cup and a half of fat, which means there’s a lot of butter or oil that can be infused.
In addition to using a cannabis-infused oil, you can also use cannabis-infused sugar in this recipe.
Use An Infusion Machine For Your Edibles
If the process of decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles seems like too much work, a cannabis infusion machine is a perfect solution for you!
Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that do all the work for you by decarboxylating and infusing your butters, oils, and more.
Use a LEVO Machine
The LEVO II machine can be used to decarboxylate, infuse, and make perfect small batches of butter or oil at home.
Want a discount on a LEVO machine? Be sure to use the discount code EMILY10 at checkout for 10% off your purchase!
Use an Ardent Cannabis Machine
The Ardent Cannabis FX Machine can be used to decarboxylate, infuse, and make perfect larger batches of butter or oil and more at home.
Want a discount on an Ardent Cannabis Machine? Be sure to use the coupon code EMILY30 at checkout for $30 off your order!
More Cannabis Cookie Recipes
Looking for more delicious cannabis cookie recipes? Check out all of our tried and true recipes for a fun, delicious, medicated baking experience!
- Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Cannabis Sugar Cookies
- Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cannabis Cut-Out Sugar Cookies with Cannabis Icing
- Cannabis Anize Spritz Cookies
- Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Cannabis Peanut Butter Blossoms
Elevate Your Cannabis Education
The Cannabis Compass Online Course will show you how to dose, use, and apply cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your most unwanted symptoms the natural way, from the comfort of your own home.
Cannabis-Infused Anise Spritz Cookies
For The Cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- ½ teaspoon anise extract
- sprinkles of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line baking sheets with foil, spray with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Cream the cannabutter, cannabis coconut oil, and cannabis sugar with a beater on high.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and anise extract. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda and the flour, by the cup full, until the dough is fully formed.
- Roll the dough into balls 1", spacing approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- If icing, allow the cookies to cool before frosting. Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and anise extract.
- Add a spoonful of icing and top cookies with sprinkles while the icing is still wet.