Crispy, chewy, sweet, and satisfying, these Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies are made with cannabutter, cannabis sugar, and butterscotch chips are a medicated favorite that can be enjoyed all year long.
Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
These Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies are a bit controversial in our family.
We have two that love them and two that would rather leave them to go bad.
In my opinion, there are a few things that make the perfect Butterscotch Oatmeal cookie.
They have to be soft, but not fluffy. They have to be chewy and a little crispy around the edges. They have to be not too thick and not too thin.
You can choose one option or the other based on what you have available, or you can choose to infuse with both for a more potent edible.
Before Making Cannabis Cookies
If you’re brand new to cannabis edibles, there are a few things to know before you get started so you can ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
You can get started with my Beginners Guide to Cannabis Edibles which will set you up for success in your cannabis kitchen.
If you are brand new to cannabis in general and are looking for foundational knowledge about your endocannabinoid system, I offer a more in-depth educational session inside my Cannabis Compass Online Course.
Please join my Well With Cannabis Facebook Community if you have any questions about cooking with cannabis, making cannabis butter, how to make this recipe specifically, or anything else you can think of!
Tips for The Best Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies Possible
- The butter must be soft (room temperature) but not melted.
- The best results come from baking these on parchment paper vs. aluminum foil.
- Baking time is critical, and you have the watch them closely to get the best results. For my oven 350 F for about 9 minutes works best. They should be just starting to crisp around the edges but remain soft in the center.
- When these come out of the oven, I prefer to them cool on a rack to help prevent further cooking on the hot pan.
More Cannabis Cookie Recipes
Looking for more delicious cannabis cookie recipes? Check out all of our tried and true recipes for a fun, delicious, medicated baking experience!
- Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Cannabis Sugar Cookies
- Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cannabis Cut-Out Sugar Cookies with Cannabis Icing
- Cannabis Anize Spritz Cookies
- Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Cannabis Peanut Butter Blossoms
Use An Infusion Machine For Your Edibles
If the process of decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles seems like too much work, a cannabis infusion machine is a perfect solution for you!
Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that do all the work for you by decarboxylating and infusing your butters, oils, and more.
Use a LEVO Machine
The LEVO II machine can be used to decarboxylate, infuse, and make perfect small batches of butter or oil at home.
Want a discount on a LEVO machine? Be sure to use the discount code EMILY10 at checkout for 10% off your purchase!
Use an Ardent Cannabis Machine
The Ardent Cannabis FX Machine can be used to decarboxylate, infuse, and make perfect larger batches of butter or oil and more at home.
Want a discount on an Ardent Cannabis Machine? Be sure to use the coupon code EMILY30 at checkout for $30 off your order!
Elevate Your Cannabis Education
The Cannabis Compass Online Course will show you how to dose, use, and apply cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your most unwanted symptoms the natural way, from the comfort of your own home.
Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- ¾ cup cannabutter room temperature
- 1 cup cannabis sugar packed
- 1 large farm fresh egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups butterscotch chips
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place all of the ingredients in a stand mixer and using paddle attachment mix until all ingredients are combined.
- If you do not have a stand mixer these can be mixed by hand.
- Place rounded teaspoons of dough on parchment paper about 2” apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool at least 5 minutes before enjoying.