Crispy, chewy, sweet, and satisfying, these Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies are made with cannabutter, cannabis sugar, and butterscotch chips are a medicated favorite that can be enjoyed all year long.
Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
These Cannabis Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies are a bit controversial in our family.
We have two that love them and two that would rather leave them to go bad.
In my opinion, there are a few things that make the perfect Butterscotch Oatmeal cookie.
They have to be soft, but not fluffy. They have to be chewy and a little crispy around the edges. They have to be not too thick and not too thin.
You can choose one option or the other based on what you have available, or you can choose to infuse with both for a more potent edible.
Before Making Cannabis Cookies
If you’re brand new to cannabis edibles, there are a few things to know before you get started so you can ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
You can get started with my Beginners Guide to Cannabis Edibles which will set you up for success in your cannabis kitchen.
If you are brand new to cannabis in general and are looking for foundational knowledge about your endocannabinoid system, I offer a more in-depth educational session inside my Cannabis Compass Online Course.
Please join my Well With Cannabis Facebook Community if you have any questions about cooking with cannabis, making cannabis butter, how to make this recipe specifically, or anything else you can think of!
Tips for The Best Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies Possible
- The butter must be soft (room temperature) but not melted.
- The best results come from baking these on parchment paper vs. aluminum foil.
- Baking time is critical, and you have the watch them closely to get the best results. For my oven 350 F for about 9 minutes works best. They should be just starting to crisp around the edges but remain soft in the center.
- When these come out of the oven, I prefer to them cool on a rack to help prevent further cooking on the hot pan.
- ¾ cup cannabutter, room temperature
- 1 cup cannabis sugar, packed
- 1 large farm fresh egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups butterscotch chips
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place all of the ingredients in a stand mixer and using paddle attachment mix until all ingredients are combined.
- If you do not have a stand mixer these can be mixed by hand.
- Place rounded teaspoons of dough on parchment paper about 2” apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool at least 5 minutes before enjoying.
Ensure the ingredients in your butterscotch chips are gluten-free by reading the ingredients list and ensure your oats are certified gluten-free and produced in a dedicated gluten-free facility.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
More Cannabis Cookie Recipes
Looking for more delicious cannabis cookie recipes? Check out all of our tried and true recipes for a fun, delicious, medicated baking experience!