It's a common pantry staple and makes just about everything taste better. From dark chocolate to potato chips, if salt is added, it's simply better. Get step-by-step directions for making quick and easy cannabis salt here!
- No cooking required! Just mix, dry, and enjoy.
- Just 2 ingredients needed
- Perfect for easy cannabis consumption
- Dietary Features: gluten and dairy-free, vegan, Paleo and Keto-friendly. Naturally fat-free.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Salt is any food's best friend. With this new infusion, you can now pair all of your favorite foods with a microdose of cannabis.
This simple, easy, and quick recipe will leave you with a shelf-stable salt creation that will last for weeks, if not longer.
I'm always trying to make it simpler than ever to consume cannabis for my Well With Cannabis Community, and since cannabis sugar is so popular, I thought cannabis salt would be, too.
In this guide, I will teach you how to make cannabis salt at home in just a few simple steps, including helpful FAQs and tips and tricks along the way.
Join The Community
Join hundreds of members inside my private Well With Cannabis Community to ask questions, find support, and share your creations!
- Cannabis Tincture: Before getting started, prepare a cannabis tincture. Green dragon and Golden dragon tinctures are very popular. Please note, you must use an alcohol-based tincture for this recipe, oil will not work.
- Salt: Feel free to use any salt of choice (table salt, sea salt, Himalayan salt, etc.)
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
The Step-by-Step Process
- Step 1 - Add the salt to a glass baking dish.
- Step 2 - Pour the tincture over the salt.
- Step 3 - Stir well.
- Step 4 - Place in a safe area for drying. Cover with breathable fabric.
- Step 5 - Allow the mixture to air dry for 48-72 hours, or until completely dry. Stir every few hours.
- Step 6 - You will know it is ready when it is completely dry and resembles traditional sugar.
- Step 7 - Store in an airtight container.
- Step 8 - Enjoy.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Once your cannabis salt is made, you want to ensure you keep it as dry as possible. An airtight mason jar or even a ziplock bag will work as long as it's sealed properly.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions?
Try our popular edibles calculator!
Notes and Expert Tips
- Consider this recipe for microdosing only. It would be too hard to consume a large portion of salt in one sitting.
- Keep cannabis salt as dry as possible during storage.
- Keep out of reach of children and young adults.
- Feel free to label mason jar as necessary!
Frequently Asked Questions
Cannabis salt can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about Cannabis salt from my Well With Cannabis Community.
Any kind that you'd like! Sea salt, pink Himalayan salt, or Kosher salt are just a few ideas.
I love putting this on snacks like popcorn and chips. But, I also put it on other snack items like salsa or guacamole. And, of course, I love sprinkling a little bit on top of my dark chocolate and caramel.
Yes, microdosing is really the only outcome of this recipe (one can only eat so much salt at once!). This option may be a good way to introduce cannabis in small amounts throughout the day.
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
Enhance Your Cannabis Education
My beginner-friendly Cannabis Compass Online Course will show you how to dose, use, and apply cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your most unwanted symptoms the natural way from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Easy Cannabis Salt Recipe
- Add the salt to a glass baking dish. Pour the tincture over the salt.
- Use a spatula to stir the salt and tincture together, ensuring all of the salt is coated. The mixture will resemble wet sand.
- Cover the baking dish with a breathable fabric and place in a safe area to air drying. Allow the mixture to dry for 48-72 hours, stirring every few hours.
- You will know when your salt is ready when all of the alcohol has evaporated off and the mixture again resembles dry salt.
- Place the infused salt in an air-tight jar and store it in a cool, dry place.
- You can not make cannabis-infused salt without the alcohol tincture You can not make cannabis salt with butter, oil, or any other type of fat.
- You absolutely do not want to put a solid top or a lid on the pan while the sugar is drying.
- If you do not stir the salt enough, it will harden together on itself and create a hard chunk. If this happens, you can use the food processor or a ziplock bag and a rolling pin to break it back up into granules again.
- If stored properly, the cannabis salt should last at least 3 months, if not longer.