I always say, when life gives you avocados, make guacamole. But, what's even better than regular ol' chips and guac, you may wonder? Drum roll, please... Holy cannabis guacamole! That's right, cannabis-infused creamy, fresh, and delicious guacamole. And, it's ready in under 30 minutes.
- Just 10 simple ingredients needed.
- No baking or cooking required. Just scoop, chop, mix, and enjoy.
- Creamy, chunky texture with a zesty lime flavor.
- The perfect dip for any time of year!
- Dietary Features: naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, and vegetarian, and Keto-friendly.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Creamy, fresh, and tangy, cannabis guacamole is both comforting and oh-so-tasty. I guess that's why it's America's favorite dip; I know it's definitely mine!
But, like most of my yummy recipes, this guacamole has the added benefit of cannabis.
My Well With Cannabis Community has been raving about cannabis-infused dips lately so, at their request, I created this cannabis-infused guacamole for everyone to enjoy!
In this guide, you'll find my superb cannabis guacamole recipe, must-know tips and tricks, alternate infusion options, and all the answered FAQ's everyone is asking.
Looking For More Support?
Join thousands of members inside my private Well With Cannabis Community to ask questions, find support, and share your edible creations!
- Avocado: Full of healthy fats, avocados are nutritional powerhouses and so creamy and delicious! Of course, you'll want to make sure you have the perfectly ripe avocados for this recipe.
- Lime juice: Fresh squeezed is best, but bottled will work in a pinch.
- Red onion: Red onions have incredible antioxidant properties and lend a savory flavor to this dip.
- Jalapeño: Jalapeño add a kick to this awesome guacamole - but feel free to adjust how much you use, depending on your spice preference.
- Cilantro: Cilantro provides a fresh flavor to this dish, but feel free to skip it if you're one of those folks who doesn't like it.
- Garlic: A tasty addition to this guacamole recipe, fresh minced is best, but jarred will work here, too.
- Ground decarbed cannabis: This is an essential ingredient for a cannabis-infused delight! Click here to learn more about how to decarb, if needed.
- Salt & Pepper: Feel free to adjust these two ingredients to taste.
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
The Step-by-Step Process
- Step 1 - Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, dice the flesh, and spoon out into a large mixing bowl.
- Step 2 - Add the lime juice.
- Step 3 - Mash with a fork until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Step 4 - Add the red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Step 5 - Add the minced garlic and salt.
- Step 6 - Add the ground, decarbed cannabis, and other spices.
- Step 7 - Mix well. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors develop.
- Step 8 - Garnish with a fresh fan leaf, if desired, just before serving. Enjoy!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
You can store this recipe in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge, but it is best when enjoyed ASAP.
Prolonged exposure to air will cause oxidation, or browning, of the ingredients.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse this recipe.
The fresh cannabis fan leaf for garnish is optional.
And as you may know, cannabis is better absorbed when paired with fat (1). Thankfully, avocados are primarily fat, making this recipe a natural perfect fit.
Just make sure you decarb according to the guidelines for each cannabinoid here.
This is an optional ingredient in this recipe because I recommended the ground, decarbed cannabis first.
If you want to skip that option and go straight for an oil, its a quick and easy way to infuse this recipe.
With so many different types of cannabis oils to choose from, it's important to pick the one that's right for you.
Also known as leftover cannabis pulp, these leftovers still contain trace amounts of cannabinoids, making them a mild addition to any recipe.
If you're going to add the pulp to infuse this recipe, add it as a separate ingredient and start with a small amount, maybe 2 tablespoons.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
Notes and Expert Tips
- Fresh ingredients are ideal.
- You can decarb the traditional way in the oven or in an Instant Pot.
- This dip is best enjoyed chilled or room-temperature, not hot.
- This guacamole is best when perfectly ripe avocados are used. A quick tip for picking a ripe avocado is to press against the outside of the avocado, and if you feel a bit of softness and give, it's likely perfect! On the other hand, too much give, it's likely overripe, and too little give means the avocado isn't ripe enough.
- You can substitute hotter or milder chiles for the jalapeños.
- Fold in a ½ cup of ¼ inch diced ripe tomatoes after completion for a tasty variation.
- Add cut onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice to a food processor and pulse until broken down for silky smooth guacamole. Then add all other ingredients to the food processor and puree until smooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cannabis guacamole can be new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about cannabis guacamole from my Well With Cannabis Community.
You can easily replace it with lemon.
Feel free to leave this ingredient out if you aren't a fan of the taste.
You can use this cannabis guacamole as a dip for raw veggies, pita chips, or plantain chips. You can also use this to top off nachos, burritos, and other Mexican dishes as well as grilled salmon or chicken!
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home with ease. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Fresh Cannabis Guacamole
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Chef's Knife
- Mixing Bowl
- Potato Hand Masher
- 3 cups diced, ripe avocado pitted and peeled
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice fresh squeezed
- ⅓ cup red onion ⅛ inch dice
- 2 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground, decarbed cannabis
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Add the avocado and the lime juice to a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher or sturdy fork until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Add the remaining ingredients from the red onion to the cumin to the bowl and stir everything very well to combine.
- Place the guacamole in an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to come together.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!
- You can use hotter or milder chiles for the jalapeño.
- Fold in a ½ cup of ¼ inch diced ripe tomatoes after completion for a yummy variation.
- Add cut onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice to a food processor and pulse until broken down for a pureed, smooth guacamole. Then add all other ingredients to the food processor puree until smooth.
- I recommend using ground cannabis to infuse this recipe, but you can add 2 tablespoons of cannabis-infused oil if desired. See the above Alternative Infusion Options section above for more ideas.