Learn how to make a delicious, tangy, creamy homemade cannabis ranch dressing with various dressing options and multiple cannabis infusion options to fit any taste and dietary preference.
- An option for infusing storebought or homemade dressing
- Multiple cannabis-infusion options to choose from
- Ingredient swaps to make this recipe specialty diet friendly
Why You Will Love This Recipe
There is nothing like drizzling a creamy, herby sauce on top of a light, refreshing salad or dipping that saucy pizza crust into a cool ranch dip.
Ranch is one of my favorite condiments, but members of my Well WIth Cannabis Community know there is one way to make it even better… cannabis-infused ranch dressing!
This guide will cover how you can infuse your ranch dressing with cannabis concentrates, flowers, and more.
Plus, I will include a few different ways you can adjust this ranch dressing to fit your dietary needs. Happy infusing!
Join thousands of members inside my private Well With Cannabis Community to ask questions, find support, and share your edible creations!
- Greek-yogurt: full-fat works best for a rich and creamy texture, and be sure to get plain flavored
- Milk: you only need a little bit, so any kind will do
- Decarbed cannabis flower: or check out any of the alternate infusion options listed below
- White vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried chives
- Dried parsley
- Dried dill
- Salt and pepper
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, milk, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cannabis, dried chives, dried parsley, dried dill, salt, and pepper.
- Step 2 - Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated, and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Store in a pint-size mason jar with an airtight lid for up to 7 days.
Alternative Infusion Options
There are many ways to infuse either a homemade or store-bought ranch dressing. Here are all of the ways you can make cannabis-infused ranch.
Decarbed Cannabis Flower
Adding ground decarbed cannabis flower to this recipe is like adding ground oregano or any other spice.
But before you incorporate cannabis as an ingredient, it first needs to undergo the process of decarboxylation.
Because each person has a different endocannabinoid system and responds to cannabis differently, it is important to add an appropriate amount for your tolerance.
This recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of ground, decarbed cannabis flower, but you can adjust this as needed.
Leftover Cannabis Pulp
Many people throw out the leftover plant matter after an infusion, but I recommend saving them and adding them to your ranch dressing.
The leftover leaves may not be the most potent after the extraction, but they are filled with beneficial nutrients and compounds, even a few cannabinoids.
Besides the nutritional benefits, adding cannabis pulp to your ranch will give it a pleasant herbal taste.
Plus, the terpenes in cannabis pair well with the terpenes found in the other herbs used in this recipe.
As long as you enjoy the taste, it’s great to reuse and recycle cannabis plant byproducts wherever possible.
How Much Pulp To Use?
If you’re brand new to cannabis edibles, it’s important to note that it can oftentimes be difficult to estimate your final product potency.
It will be even more challenging to estimate the potency because many of the cannabinoids will have already been extracted during the cooking process.
Ultimately, the potency of your leftover weed material will depend on two things, the potency of your starting material (i.e., flower buds or trim, regular vs. CBD flower) and the cooking process you have already used.
We recommend adding just two teaspoons of leftover flower pulp to the other ingredients of this recipe and going from there.
This will also give you time to experiment with the potency and taste, as the spent cannabis flower can have a robust taste for some individuals.
One of the easiest ways to make infused foods is with cannabis concentrates.
These are the most convenient, easy-to-use, pre-prepared concentrated products for cannabis infusions.
Because they are concentrated, you only need to add a tiny bit to each recipe to get the experience you are looking for.
Because you only need to add a tiny bit, cannabis concentrates will not disrupt your food's volume, texture, or flavor.
For this reason, cannabis concentrates are very popular among home cooks.
While THC-dominant cannabis concentrates must be purchased at a recreational or medical dispensary in a legal state, CBD-dominant cannabis concentrates can be purchased from my shop here.
Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO)
Because of its potency, a few drops may be all you need for a perfectly infused ranch dressing.
Simply stir in your FECO after preparing this recipe, and mix very well. Learn how to make full-extract cannabis oil here.
Notes & Expert Tips
- My homemade ranch is made with wholesome, delicious ingredients that taste amazing when combined with your choice of cannabis, but you can also infuse your favorite store-bought ranch dressing
- Check out this recipe featured in my new Clean Eating Meal Prep Cookbook which details how I’ve combined meal prepping and a clean eating lifestyle to get my munchies, my health, and my weight under control
- If you haven't had an edible yet, get my beginner's guide to cannabis edibles before starting this recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
Making cannabis ranch dressing can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked from my Well With Cannabis Community.
Full-fat Greek yogurt is high in protein and contains probiotics that aid digestion, but if dairy isn’t suitable for you, I also have plant-based options. If you are looking for a dairy-free option, substituting full-fat greek yogurt for a plant-based yogurt is very easy in this recipe. Many types of delicious dairy-free yogurts made from almonds, cashews, and oats are available at the grocery store, but my favorite is this easy 2-ingredient homemade coconut milk yogurt.
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Homemade Cannabis Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon decarbed cannabis flower ground
- 1 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, milk, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cannabis, dried chives, dried parsley, dried dill, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated, and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Store in a pint-size mason jar with an airtight lid for up to 7 days.
- Leftover Cannabis Pulp: Add 2 teaspoons in place of the 1 teaspoon of decarboxylated cannabis flower
- Cannabis Concentrates: Add a very small amount depending on your own personal tolerance levels