Use up your fresh summer herbs, tomatoes, and cucumbers quickly and easily with this delicious cannabis tomato cucumber salad that comes together in just a few minutes. Complete with multiple cannabis infusion options!
- A healthy cannabis-infused recipe
- Versatile & ready in just a few minutes
- Comes with multiple infusion options
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I've been getting more requests for healthy recipes from members of my Well With Cannabis Community.
While many edible recipes tend to be classic baked goods like brownies, there's no reason we can't make healthy cannabis recipes, too.
Plus, if you're like me and have a backyard garden or access to a farmer's market, you can make almost this entire recipe with fresh and local ingredients.
In this post, you will find this tasty, easy-to-make recipe along with multiple different infusion options, so you can choose which one is right for you.
Stock Your Canna Kitchen
Skip the hard work and have perfectly dosed, delicious, pure Bliss Cannabutter delivered directly to your door! Shop Now →
- Cucumbers - fresh from the garden
- Tomatoes - any type you prefer
- Red onion - sliced paper-thin
- Salt - table, Kosher, or cannabis salt
- Black pepper - freshly ground
- Basil - fresh, if possible
- Parsley - fresh, if possible
- Oregano - fresh, if possible
- Garlic - minced is best
- Red wine vinegar - to provide a sweet tang
- Olive oil - choose cannabis olive oil or regular olive oil and see the alternate infusion options below
- Crushed red pepper - adjust according to your heat preferences
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
This recipe is best enjoyed immediately. If needed, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days for best results.
Alternate Infusion Options
The beautiful thing about making your own edibles at home is that there are many different ways to infuse a recipe.
Choosing an infusion option should be based on your personal preferences and what you already have available on hand.
We will explore several options below.
Cannabis olive oil is a light, delicious, and versatile cannabis infusion that is an important staple recipe for any cannabis cook to master.
The final product is a cannabis-infused olive oil that can make many delicious cannabis recipes like this tomato cucumber salad or my popular cannabis pesto.
Other oil options that work would include:
Then you can add the decarbed cannabis to the mix for this recipe, just as you do any herb like dried basil or oregano.
If you plan to add decarbed cannabis flower to this salad, add 1 gram* of ground decarbed cannabis flowers in step 2.
*Of course, this is just a suggestion and should be adjusted to your personal preferences and tolerance level.
Raw Cannabis Leaves
Cannabis leaves do not produce cannabinoids quite as mature flower buds do, so many people feel they are useless or discard them.
However, fan leaves contain important nutrients, antioxidants, and cannabinoid acids like THCA and CBDA, meaning they are not useless.
Of course, not everyone has access to fresh cannabis leaves all year round, but this is a great way to use them up if you do.
If you want to add raw cannabis leaves to this salad, use 1-2 tablespoons of freshly chopped raw cannabis, loosely packed, and add it in step 2.
One of the easiest ways to make infused foods is with cannabis concentrates or extracts.
Because they are concentrated, you only need to add a tiny bit to each recipe to get the elevated experience you are looking for.
And because you only need to add a tiny bit, cannabis concentrates will not disrupt your food's volume, texture, or flavor.
If you plan to add cannabis concentrates to this salad, stir in your desired concentrate amount with the olive oil and then add as directed.
Frequently Asked Questions
This salad is bursting with both flavor and nutrition, making it a delicious addition to just about any diet. This salad is naturally gluten-free, but if you want it to be dairy-free, too, be sure to omit the feta cheese.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
More Recipes You Will Love
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Fresh Cannabis Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers ½" dice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup red onion sliced paper-thin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cannabis olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- ½ cup fresh feta cheese crumbled, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine and let rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting, stir the mixture and add in the basil, parsley, oregano, garlic, vinegar, infused olive oil, and crushed red pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Let the ingredients sit another 5 minutes to marinate. This will allow the flavors to come together.
- If using feta cheese, crumble atop the salad just before serving.
- If you plan to add raw cannabis to this salad, use 1-2 tablespoons of freshly chopped raw cannabis, loosely packed, and add it in step 2.
- If you plan to add decarbed cannabis flower to this salad, add 1 gram of decarbed cannabis flowers in step 2.
- If you plan to add cannabis concentrates to this salad, stir in your desired concentrate amount with the olive oil and then add as directed.
Ask a Question or Leave a Comment: