Enjoy this fresh and delicious cannabis leaf salad as a hearty plant-based entree or easy-to-prep meal made with fresh cannabis greens, roasted beets, savory goat cheese, and walnuts finished with a zesty lemon cannabis vinaigrette.
Inspired By My Clean Eating Meal Prep Cookbook
I am so excited to share this recipe with you from my latest Clean Eating Meal Prep Cookbook, released in January 2021.
This is the fourth cookbook I’ve written, but the first one that I feel like is a true reflection of how I actually eat in real life.
Looking For More Support?
Join over 25,000 members inside the Well With Cannabis Facebook Community to ask questions and share your edible creations!
How to Make a Cannabis Leaf Salad
As cannabis becomes legalized throughout the country, more and more people have access to fresh cannabis leaves to make edibles with.
If you have access to raw cannabis leaves and don't want to waste them like me, this is a great recipe to try them in.
Cannabis leaves do not produce cannabinoids quite as the mature female flower buds do; they contain important nutrients, antioxidants, and cannabinoid acids like THCA and CBDA, meaning they are not useless.
Additionally, they also contain beneficial compounds known as terpenes.
How to Prepare The Leaves
Small, immature fan leaves and small sugar leaves make the best salad greens.
Harvest, wash, and dry the cannabis leaves just as you would with kale or spinach leaves.
Give a rough chop of the leaves, removing all long stems as necessary, and enjoy.
Pair With Cannabis Lemon Vinaigrette
This salad is delicious with many different vinaigrette types, but this zesty cannabis-infused lemon vinaigrette is my favorite!
It is just the perfect combination of bright, zesty flavor with mild notes of cannabis that pair perfectly with this salad.
Alongside my cannabis lemon vinaigrette, classic balsamic vinaigrette also makes a delicious topping for this salad.
Meal Prepping to Manage Munchies
Meal prepping can help you stay committed to clean eating by ensuring you are always prepared with healthful meals on hand.
While it may seem like a time investment at first, remember that you will soon come to love the convenience of meal prepping and will quickly learn how to pair the process with the slow-down-and-savor philosophy of clean eating.
From one busy mom to another, trust me, I get it.
Life is crazy busy, and it can be tempting to make less than nourishing food choices when we’re constantly on the go or faced with the munchies.
But ultimately, I know that you want more for your life than feeling tired and burnt out all of the time, and this method will help you get there.
Beyond just recipes, I hope that my Clean Eating Meal Prep Cookbook becomes a valuable tool for you to make eating clean simpler and easier to do amidst the everyday demands of life.
How to Determine The Dosing
While a calculator is no replacement for lab testing, this tool has been designed to help you get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions.
Get More Cannabis Salad Recipes
Are you looking for more healthy cannabis recipes, including salads and dressings?
I've got you covered with these delicious options below:
- Creamy Cannabis-Infused Ranch Dressing
- Zesty Lemon Cannabis-Infused Vinaigrette
- Chickpea Spinach Salad with Cannabis Lemon Vinaigrette
- Cannabis Strawberry Vinaigrette with Burrata Salad
- Cannabis Pear and Arugula Salad
- Cannabis Rainbow Chicken Salad
- Cannabis Mango Jicama Prebiotic Salad
- Spiralized Cannabis Panzanella Salad
- Cannabis Caprese Salad Grain Bowl
And if you're struggling with the munchies, be sure to get my 10 Helpful Tips for Managing the Munchies here!
Enhance Your Cannabis Education
My beginner-friendly Cannabis Compass Online Course will show you how to dose, use, and apply cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your most unwanted symptoms the natural way from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Beet & Walnut Cannabis Leaf Salad
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons cannabis-infused lemon vinaigrette
- 3 ounces fresh spring mix
- 1 ounce fresh raw cannabis leaves
- 8 ounces cooked beets diced
- ½ cup diced apple
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the chopped walnuts to a foil-lined baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Portion 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette per serving and pack in two 1.5oz stainless steel salad dressing containers.
- In two large, 1-compartment glass meal prep containers, evenly divide the fresh spring mix.
- Evenly top each container of spring mix with the cooked beets, diced apple, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, and goat cheese.
- Store the undressed salad in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Pair each salad with 2 tablespoons of the zesty lemon vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, secure the lid, and shake well just before eating.