Enjoy this delicious cannabis leaf salad as a hearty plant-based entree or easy-to-prep meal made with fresh cannabis greens, roasted beets, savory goat cheese, and walnuts finished with a zesty lemon cannabis vinaigrette.
- How to use cannabis fan leaves in a salad
- How to make a cannabis vinaigrette
- Many alternate infusion options
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I am excited to share this recipe from my latest Clean Eating Meal Prep Cookbook, released in January 2021.
This is the fourth cookbook I’ve written, but the first one I feel is a true reflection of how I eat in real life.
This Clean Eating Meal Prep Cookbook details the exact way I’ve combined meal prepping and a clean eating lifestyle to get my munchies, my health, and my weight under control.
In this post, I will share this recipe featured in the cookbook and my favorite ways to use cannabis fan leaves in salads and beyond.
Buy Cannabutter Online
Skip the hard work and have perfectly dosed, delicious, pure Bliss Cannabutter delivered directly to your door! Shop Now →
- Walnuts: crushed walnuts are the perfect consistency
- Lemon vinaigrette: get the step-by-step instructions for making your own cannabis lemon vinaigrette here
- Fresh spring mix: or any baby green will do, including cannabis fan leaves
- Cooked beets: the kind from the can are perfect!
- Diced apple: your favorite kind
- Dried cranberries: or cherries work well too
- Goat cheese: or feta
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
How to Make a Cannabis Leaf Salad
As cannabis becomes legalized throughout the country, more and more people have access to fresh cannabis leaves to make edibles with.
If you have access to raw cannabis leaves and don't want to waste them like me, this is a great recipe to try.
In addition to the many nutritional benefits typically associated with dark-green leafy vegetables, the cannabis plant also contains unique phytocannabinoids that nourish the endocannabinoid system.
Cannabis leaves do not produce cannabinoids quite as mature female flower buds do; they contain important nutrients, antioxidants, and cannabinoid acids like THCA and CBDA, meaning they are not useless.
Additionally, they also contain beneficial compounds known as terpenes.
How to Prepare The Leaves
Small, immature fan leaves and small sugar leaves make the best salad greens.
Large, older fan leaves are oftentimes too tough to be enjoyed in a salad and are better off used to be juiced to blended in a smoothie.
Harvest, wash, and dry the cannabis leaves just as you would kale or spinach leaves.
Give a rough chop of the leaves, removing all long stems as necessary, and enjoy.
Cannabis Lemon Vinaigrette
This salad is delicious with many different vinaigrette types, but this zesty cannabis-infused lemon vinaigrette is my favorite!
It is just the perfect combination of bright, zesty flavor with mild notes of cannabis that pair perfectly with this salad.
Alongside my cannabis lemon vinaigrette, classic balsamic vinaigrette also makes a delicious topping for this salad.
Meal Prepping to Manage Munchies
Meal prepping can help you stay committed to clean eating by ensuring you are always prepared with healthful meals on hand.
While it may seem like a time investment, remember that you will soon love the convenience of meal prepping and quickly learn how to pair the process with the slow-down-and-savor clean eating philosophy.
From one busy mom to another, trust me, I get it.
Life is crazy busy, and it can be tempting to make less than nourishing food choices when we’re constantly on the go or faced with the munchies.
But ultimately, I know that you want more for your life than feeling tired and burnt out all of the time, and this method will help you get there.
Beyond just recipes, I hope that my Clean Eating Meal Prep Cookbook becomes a valuable tool for you to make eating clean simpler and easier to do amidst the everyday demands of life.
Notes & Expert Tips
- Are you looking for more healthy cannabis recipes, including salads and dressings? Try my creamy cannabis-infused ranch dressing
- Need help managing the munchies? Read my full guide here
- On a sugar-free diet? Check out these 20+ sugar-free edible recipes
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
And if you're struggling with the munchies, be sure to get my 10 Helpful Tips for Managing the Munchies here!
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Beet & Walnut Cannabis Leaf Salad
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- 4 tablespoons cannabis lemon vinaigrette
- 3 ounces fresh spring mix
- 1 ounce cannabis fan leaves
- 8 ounces cooked beets diced
- ½ cup diced apple
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the chopped walnuts to a foil-lined baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Portion 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette per serving and pack in two 1.5oz stainless steel salad dressing containers.
- In two large, 1-compartment glass meal prep containers, evenly divide the fresh spring mix.
- Evenly top each container of spring mix with the cooked beets, diced apple, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, and goat cheese.
- Store the undressed salad in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Pair each salad with 2 tablespoons of the zesty lemon vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, secure the lid, and shake well just before eating.
Ask a Question or Leave a Comment: