Taste the rainbow with this vibrant, high-protein, cannabis rainbow chicken salad made with delicious fresh fruit for a hearty entree-style meal that is naturally gluten-free and finished with a zesty lemon cannabis vinaigrette.
- A super simple cannabis salad recipe
- Multiple different infusion options to choose from
- Ways to incorporate cannabis into a healthy lifestyle
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Brighten your traditional lunch with this vibrant rainbow chicken salad with good-for-you ingredients like fruit, vegetables, and lean, organic chicken.
My Well With Cannabis Community members always ask for more delicious, healthy cannabis recipes, and this one fits the bill.
Complete with the option to infuse this salad with fresh cannabis leaves and a zesty lemon cannabis vinaigrette, there are many different ways to enjoy cannabis in this salad.
In this post, you will learn more about the benefits of adding more fruits and veggies to your diet, the benefits of consuming raw cannabis leaves and get the recipe for this delicious salad with printable instructions.
Buy Cannabutter Online
Skip the hard work and have perfectly dosed, delicious, pure Bliss Cannabutter delivered directly to your door! Shop Now →
- Chicken: organic, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Lemon vinaigrette: regular or cannabis-infused vinaigrette
- Fan leaves: learn more about working with fan leaves here
- Red cabbage
- Brussel sprouts
- Bell pepper
- Plums or peaches
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
How to Prepare a Cannabis Leaf Salad
Thankfully, as cannabis becomes legalized throughout the country, more and more people have access to raw cannabis leaves.
Raw cannabis can be found in the form of living plants that produce fan leaves, sugar leaves, raw flower buds, fresh leaf trim, seeds, stems, stalks, and more.
This is a great recipe to try if you have access to fresh cannabis fan leaves and don't want to waste them.
In addition to the many nutritional benefits typically associated with dark-green leafy vegetables, the cannabis plant also contains unique phytocannabinoids that nourish the endocannabinoid system.
Cannabis leaves do not produce cannabinoids quite as mature female flower buds do; they contain important nutrients, antioxidants, and cannabinoid acids like THCA and CBDA, meaning they are not useless.
Additionally, they also contain beneficial compounds known as terpenes.
How to Prepare The Leaves
Small, immature fan leaves and small sugar leaves make the best salad greens.
Large, older fan leaves are oftentimes too tough to be enjoyed in a salad and are better off used to be juiced to blended in a smoothie.
To prepare the leaves, harvest, wash, and dry the cannabis leaves just as you would with kale or spinach leaves.
Give the leaves a rough chop, removing all long stems as necessary, and enjoy.
Cannabis Lemon Vinaigrette
This salad is delicious with many different vinaigrette types, but this zesty cannabis-infused lemon vinaigrette is my favorite!
It is just the perfect combination of bright, zesty flavor with mild notes of cannabis that pair perfectly with this salad.
Alongside my cannabis lemon vinaigrette, classic balsamic vinaigrette also makes a delicious topping for this salad.
If you haven't made it yet, get the recipe for my zesty cannabis-infused lemon vinaigrette here.
Featured In My Cookbook
I am excited to have included a version of this recipe in my first cookbook, The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook: 125 Healing Recipes for Hashimoto's and Hypothyroidism.
An excerpt from the book:
The old saying, “eat the rainbow” has some truth behind it. A healthy diet is full of a variety of foods. The different colors in whole, all-natural foods indicate a wide variety of available nutrients. This rainbow salad features antioxidant health benefits from plums, peaches, and blueberries for a delicious, high-fiber salad that is filling and satisfying.The recipe featured on page 83 of The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook under Rainbow Salad Grain Bowl.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Cannabis Rainbow Chicken Salad
- ¼ pounds organic chicken breast diced
- ¼ cup cannabis lemon vinaigrette divided
- ½ cup baby kale chopped
- ½ cup cannabis fan leaves chopped
- ¼ cup red cabbage chopped
- ¼ cup shaved Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup yellow bell pepper diced
- ¼ medium plum diced
- ¼ medium peach or nectarine diced
- ¼ fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a foil-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- In a ziplock bag, combine the diced chicken breast and ½ of the lemon vinaigrette. Let sit to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- After the chicken has marinated, discard the excess marinade and evenly lay the chicken on the foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Ensure the chicken has been cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the kale, cannabis leaves, red cabbage and shaved Brussels sprouts for the base of your salad. Spread evenly among your bowl or meal prep container.
- Top with the bell pepper, plum, peach or nectarine, and blueberries.
- Top with cooked chicken.
- Serve topped with the remaining lemon vinaigrette and enjoy!
Ask a Question or Leave a Comment: