Easily made in ten minutes, this fresh cannabis pear and arugula salad is made with cannabis fan leaves, mellow pears, red peppers, and a zesty lemon cannabis vinaigrette for the perfect side salad to accompany any meal.
- A super simple cannabis salad recipe
- Multiple different infusion options to choose from
- Ways to incorporate cannabis into a healthy lifestyle
Why You Will Love This Recipe
One of the biggest misconceptions I encounter with my Well With Cannabis Community is that many believe healthy eating is difficult, complicated, or time-consuming.
Or that all cannabis edibles must be sweets, like brownies and cookies. But truthfully, any recipe can be transformed into a healthy cannabis recipe.
Just like this simple salad made with cannabis fan leaves and a zesty cannabis lemon vinaigrette. The perfect side salad to take to work or on the go, you can easily enjoy your cannabis discretely.
In this post, I will share how to prepare cannabis fan leaves to enjoy in a salad and the easiest way to make your cannabis vinaigrette at home.
Buy Cannabutter Online
Skip the hard work and have perfectly dosed, delicious, pure Bliss Cannabutter delivered directly to your door! Shop Now →
- Pear: thinly sliced
- Bell pepper: your color of choice, thinly sliced
- Arugula: or any baby green you like
- Fan leaves: optional; learn more about how to use cannabis fan leaves here
- Walnuts: crushed, toasted if desired
- Parmesan cheese: fresh grated is best
- Lemon vinaigrette: regular or cannabis-infused lemon vinaigrette
- Black pepper: to taste
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - Add the arugula, fan leaves if using, pears, and bell pepper to a large bowl.
- Step 2 - Pour in the zesty lemon vinaigrette and use tongs to mix the ingredients well.
- Step 3 - Transfer to the bowl or meal prep container you would like to serve the salad in.
- Step 4 - Garnish the salad with walnuts and parmesan cheese before serving.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
How to Make a Cannabis Leaf Salad
As cannabis becomes legalized throughout the country, more and more people have access to raw cannabis leaves.
Raw cannabis can be found in living plants that produce fan leaves, sugar leaves, raw flower buds, fresh leaf trim, seeds, stems, stalks, and more.
This recipe is a great recipe if you have access to fresh cannabis leaves and don't want to waste them.
In addition to the many nutritional benefits typically associated with dark-green leafy vegetables, the cannabis plant also contains unique phytocannabinoids that nourish the endocannabinoid system.
Cannabis leaves do not produce cannabinoids quite as mature female flower buds do; they contain important nutrients, antioxidants, and cannabinoid acids like THCA and CBDA, meaning they are not useless.
Additionally, they also contain beneficial compounds known as terpenes.
How to Prepare The Leaves
Small, immature fan leaves and small sugar leaves make the best salad greens.
Large, older fan leaves are often too tough to be enjoyed in a salad and are better used to be juiced to blended in a smoothie.
Harvest, wash, and dry the cannabis leaves just as you would kale or spinach leaves.
Give a rough chop of the leaves, removing all long stems as necessary, and enjoy.
Cannabis Lemon Vinaigrette
This salad is delicious with many different vinaigrette types, but this zesty cannabis-infused lemon vinaigrette is my favorite!
It is just the perfect combination of bright, zesty flavor with mild notes of cannabis that pair perfectly with this salad.
Alongside my cannabis lemon vinaigrette, classic balsamic vinaigrette also makes a delicious topping for this salad.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
Get More Cannabis Salad Recipes
Are you looking for more healthy cannabis recipes, including salads and dressings?
And if you're struggling with the munchies, be sure to get my 10 helpful tips for managing the munchies here.
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Cannabis-Infused Pear & Arugula Salad
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup baby arugula or fan leaves
- ½ whole pear thinly sliced
- ¼ whole bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cannabis lemon vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon crushed walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Add the arugula, fan leaves if using, pears, and bell pepper to a large bowl.
- Pour in the zesty lemon vinaigrette and use tongs to mix the ingredients together well.
- Transfer to the bowl or meal prep container you would like to serve the salad in.
- Garnish the salad with walnuts and parmesan cheese just before serving.
- If you want to use cannabis fan leaves, use ½ cup of arugula and ½ cup of fan leaves
- If you do not want to make a cannabis lemon vinaigrette, you can simply drop your favorite cannabis oil on top of your finished salad
- Canned or fresh pears will work in this recipe. Canned pears are a great option if you can't find good fresh pears. Canned pears are available all year round and are easy to keep on hand in your pantry
Ask a Question or Leave a Comment: