Summer is not complete without a traditional cannabis lemonade recipe to enjoy by the pool or lakeside. Made with fresh-squeezed lemon juice and your choice of infusion, this drink is the perfect refreshing summer beverage. Bonus, it’s ready in under 15 minutes!
Table of Contents
- Can be made with cannabis sugar or tincture
- A single-serving recipe made with just three simple ingredients
- Want to make it easy? Order my Bliss Beverage Booster with 2.5mg of THC per pump and have it delivered straight to your door – now shipping across the United States!
The Best Cannabis Lemonade
Imagine this: a hot summer day with a light breeze, and you’re on your porch sipping on an ice-cold cannabis-infused lemonade.
It’s sweet, it’s tangy, and it’s full of all the amazing goodness of cannabis. Can it get much better? It’s just so good!
Here you’ll find my simple cannabis lemonade recipe, how to purchase my Bliss Beverage Booster, or how to infuse with many different infusion options, as well as fully answered FAQs for how to make the best-infused lemonade ever.
- 1-pump Bliss Beverage Booster: Using my Bliss Beverage Booster is the best way to get perfect dosing. One pump contains 2.5mg of THC and 2.5mg of CBD. Add more pumps as needed.
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice: Fresh lemons are essential to get that fresh-squeezed lemony taste. Bottled lemon juice will work, too, in a pinch.
- ¾ cup filtered water: or try sparkling water for a refreshing twist!
- 2 teaspoons granulated or cannabis sugar: If you don’t have the Bliss Beverage Booster, homemade cannabis sugar is a great option to infuse this recipe with. If you do not want to use cannabis sugar, use white granulated sugar.
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
The Step-by-Step Process
- Step 1 – If needed, squeeze fresh lemon juice with a juicer or lemon squeezer. Set aside.
- Step 2 – Add your desired number of pumps of the Bliss Beverage Booster to a pint glass, followed by the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Step 3 – Stir vigorously for 30 seconds or until the Booster has dissolved completely.
- Step 4 – Add the sugar and stir well for 30 seconds or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Step 5 – Pour in the filtered water. Gently stir.
- Step 6 – Add ice to fill the rest of the glass.
- Step 7 – Garnish with lemon slices and a fresh cannabis leaf, if desired. Enjoy immediately.
- Step 8 – Garnish with a lemon wedge and fresh cannabis leaves, if desired. Enjoy!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
You can store this recipe in the fridge for up to one week.
Additionally, you could freeze excess lemon juice for easy access the next time you make this drink!
Learn more about how to store edibles here.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something.
Here are all of the ways you can infuse this delicious recipe.
- Bliss Beverage Booster: Using the Bliss Beverage Booster is the easiest way to ensure the perfect dosing for this lemonade recipe. One pump contains 2.5mg of THC and 2.5mg of CBD. You can add more pumps as needed depending on your personal tolerance.
- Cannabis Sugar: This recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of sugar. It is up to you whether or not you want to use regular sugar, cannabis sugar, or a mixture of both. To make a more potent lemonade, use 2 teaspoons of cannabis sugar and omit the white sugar, but be mindful of your personal tolerance.
- Alcohol-Based Tincture: You want to ensure your cannabis tincture is alcohol-based. If it’s oil-based, it won’t mix in well. It doesn’t matter if you use a Green Dragon or Golden Dragon tincture; both will work well here. You will have to be mindful of the amount you are adding, as you will likely be adding some remnant high-proof alcohol. While cannabis sugar made with either Green Dragon or Golden Dragon will work, sugar made with a Golden Dragon tincture is better tastewise.
- Cannabis Powder: While I have not tried this myself, you could also try using a water-soluble cannabis oil powder in this recipe.
Notes and Expert Tips
- Dietary features: naturally vegan, gluten and dairy-free.
- This recipe can easily be spiked with a shot of vodka – if desired. Add 1mL, or your desired amount, of cannabis tincture or an ounce of vodka for a spiked cannabis lemonade.
- Fresh-squeezed lemons are best for this recipe as they provide a fresh, tangy, and naturally zesty flavor.
- Ensure the granulated sugar and water mix thoroughly to avoid a gritty texture.
- Since this recipe is so simple, it can easily be altered to change the flavor profile. For example, adding lavender to cannabis-infused lavender lemonade. Feel free to be creative!
Making cannabis lemonade can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about Cannabis Lemonade from my Well With Cannabis Community.
You can, but that doesn’t mean you should. Using oil won’t result in the best final product. You will notice oil floating on the top of the glass. If this doesn’t bother you, go for it!
You can if you want to, but I recommend sticking with white granulated sugar because it dissolves best.
You can use store-bought lemon juice. However, I would highly suggest using fresh-squeezed lemons to achieve the fresh and tangy taste this lemonade recipe provides.
I have noticed this happening when cannabis sugar is made with Green Dragon instead of Golden Dragon tinctures. It is likely the chlorophyll from the FECO is being left behind. While this isn’t harmful, it is leaving your medicine on the glass. Try using a Golden Dragon tincture to make your sugar in the future.
Simple Cannabis Lemonade
- If needed, squeeze fresh lemon juice with a juicer or lemon squeezer. Set aside.
- Add your desired number of pumps of the Bliss Beverage Booster to a pint glass, followed by the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Stir vigorously for 30 seconds, or until the Booster has dissolved completely.
- Add the sugar and stir well for 30 seconds, or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour in the filtered water. Gently stir.
- Add ice to fill the rest of the pint glass.
- Garnish with lemon slices and a fresh cannabis leaf, if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Take your edibles to the next level…
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types – all from the comfort of your own home.