Cannabis-infused Chex Mix is an irresistibly savory snack that is the perfect savory snack edible. Discover how easy it is to make your own at home with cannabis-infused oil or many other infusion options. Choose from traditional, bold, cheese, ranch, or any other flavor you desire.
- The perfect savory edible and party appetizer!
- A crunchy texture with a salty and savory flavor
- Can be made gluten-free, multiple infusion options included
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Cannabis-infused chex mix is the best way to enjoy your salty snacks and a huge hit for edible lovers.
This is also an easy recipe to follow, which makes it great for beginners or seasoned cannabis users, and the perfect party appetizer to try.
My Well With Cannabis Community is a safe environment for cannabis consumers like us to go and grab some daily value, like this recipe.
In this post you will find the step-by-step instructions for naming cannabis-infused chex mix, tips and tricks for making this perfectly, as well as fully answered FAQ's.
Stock Your Canna Kitchen
Skip the hard work and have perfectly dosed, delicious, pure Bliss Cannabutter delivered directly to your door! Shop Now →
- Chex Mix of choice: traditional, bold, cheese, choose your cereal mixture and let's get baking!
- Cannabis oil: This ingredient will infuse the recipe, although you can find many different options in the alternative infusion option section below
- Kief (optional): A concentrated form of cannabis if you want to make this recipe super potent
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - Prepare your cannabis oil mixture first. See oil infusion options below. Mix oil well before using. Put your desired amount of oil in an oil sprayer. If using kief, be sure to decarb first.
- Step 2 - Preheat the oven to 240 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set it aside.
- Step 3 - Measure out a single serving of party mix, approximately 1 ounce and arrange in a single layer.
- Step 4 - If spraying: spread the Chex Mix on the prepared baking sheets. Spray the Chex Mix with the oil sprayer in an even layer. Toss or flit with a rubber spatula and spray again until your desired dose is used. Sprinkle on kief, if using.
- Step 5 - If shaking: add the Chex Mix to the ziplock bag. Pour the oil in and add the kief, if using. Seal the bag and shake well. Once well coated, transfer to the reserved baking sheet.
- Step 6 - Place the Chex Mix in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy perfection is achieved.
- Step 7 - Remove from the oven and let the cookie sheet cool to the touch.
- Step 8 - Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight bag and label.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Be sure to label properly and keep out of the reach of children.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse this tasty snack.
You can choose to use either CBD flower or THC flower to make your preferred infusion.
There are many different types of cannabis oils available, you just need to pick one you like the taste of and go from there!
- olive oil
- MCT oil
- homemade CBD oil
- store-bought CBD oil
- vegetable oil
- coconut oil (melted, but not in microwave)
- crockpot cannabutter or Instant pot cannabutter (melted, but not in microwave)
Kief or Decarbed Cannabis
Using decarbed kief or decarbed, ground flower is a great way to infuse this recipe.
These will be added as a separate dry ingredients, like another spice, and can be combined with a teaspoon of garlic powder of teaspoon of salt if needed to help cover the taste.
If you choose this option, feel free to just use regular butter or oil in place of the infused butter or oil above.
Notes and Expert Tips
- Choose a flavor that you really enjoy! Maybe you like a kiss of ranch or nacho cheese, have fun with the flavors.
- Don't want to use an oil sprayer? You can mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl or large bowl, depending on what size batch you're making. Just be sure not to leave any good stuff on the bottom of the bowl.
- Need to pass a drug test? Be sure to avoid the THC and just stick with the CBD!
- Looking for a sweet version of this recipe made with chocolate chips and peanut butter? Be sure to check out this recipe for cannabis puppy chow, the perfect snack for any sweet tooth. It pairs perfectly with my pot brownies!
Frequently Asked Questions
Cannabis Chex Mix can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about one of my favorite snacks from my Well With Cannabis Community.
Melted butter could work for this recipe as well! Check out all of the infusion options above.
You can feel free to add in any flavorings when you add in the cannabis oil, leaving you with the perfect ranch mix.
A tablespoon garlic powder, dill weed, onion powder, ranch dressing mix, and buffalo chex mix seem to be quit popular. A dill pickle chex mix recipe might have to be my next! However, you could also try using chili powder or even brown sugar. You can also experiment with other types of chex cereals or mix cereals to get the mix you're looking for. (Can you add more bagel chips? Asking for a friend!).
This method works for infusing all different types of chips and crackers. I've seen others infuse Doritos, Cheetos, oyster crackers, goldfish crackers, cheese crackers, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and more.
No, you want to avoid the microwave at all costs when working with cannabis! The method above is the proper way to preserve your cannabinoids and terpenes.
That depends per person! Check out my post on How to Dose Cannabis Edibles Safely to find out which recommended dosage is right for you.
Yes! Be sure you are swapping the regular check mix for the same amount of cups corn chex mix or rice cereal that is labeled gluten-free.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Easy Cannabis Chex Mix
- 1 ounce Chex Mix traditional, bold, cheese, flavor of choice
- 1 teaspoon cannabis oil
- 1 gram Kief optional
- Prepare your cannabis oil. See oil infusion options below. Put your desired amount of oil in an oil sprayer. If using kief, be sure to decarb first.
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set it aside.
- Measure out a single serving of Chex Mix, approximately 1 ounce.
- If spraying: spread the Chex Mix on the reserved baking sheet. Spray the Chex Mix with the oil sprayer in an even layer. Toss and spray again until your desired dose is used. Sprinkle on kief, if using.
- If shaking: add the Chex Mix to the ziplock bag. Pour the oil in and add the kief, if using. Seal the bag and shake well. Once well coated, transfer to the reserved baking sheet.
- Place the Chex Mix in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight bag and label.
Denise V. Smart
Emily, I really enjoy your newsletter. I have a question for you. Did you overly enjoy your Chex Mix recipe? In you instructions #6 you talk about Doritos and you're making Chex Mix. Wanted to see if anyone else has brought that to your attention. Boy, I would love to have a sample of your goodies...
Continue the awesome work and thanks for all the information you provide.
Renée from Team EKN
Hi Denise! I corrected that, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. We appreciate your kind words and support!