Crunchy, cheesy, and oh so addicting, these edible chips are a great way to infuse your favorite snack with cannabis. Discover how easy it is to make your own cannabis-infused Doritos at home with cannabis-infused oil. The potentials are endless; let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- The ultimate cannabis edible, perfect for any time of day
- Can use your favorite type of store-bought chip
- The perfect tasty snack for movie nights
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Cannabis + Dorito chips — I mean, can it get much better?
My Well With Cannabis Community LOVES to snack, and they are always asking for new and creative ideas.
Recently the cannabis industry has been talking about cannabis-infused Doritos, aka doweedos edibles; the crunchy and savory cannabis snack of your dreams!
In this post, you will find the secret doweedos recipe, get my expert tips and tricks, as well as a fully answered FAQ section. Enjoy!
- Chips: Choose from traditional Nacho cheese, Cool Ranch, or any other flavor you desire. Do I hear a Doweedos Flamin Hot Nacho flavor next time?
- Cannabis oil: This is how we will infuse this recipe. Check the alternative infusion options section below for other options.
- Kief (optional): If you really want to up the potency of this snack, this will do it!
- Equipment note: you will want to get an oil sprayer for this recipe for the best outcome!
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 – If you haven’t already, prepare your cannabis oil. See oil infusion options below. Put your desired amount of oil in an oil sprayer. If using kief, be sure to decarb first.
- Step 2 – Preheat the oven to 240 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set it aside.
- Step 3 – Measure out a single serving of Doritos, approximately 1 ounce.
- Step 4 – Spread the Doritos on the reserved baking sheet.
- Step 5 – Spray the Doritos with the oil sprayer in an even layer. Toss the Doritos and spay again until your desired dose is used.
- Step 6 – Sprinkle on kief if using.
- Step 7 – Place the Doritos in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Step 8 – Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight bag and label.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
These are best enjoyed immediately, but you can store them in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 5 days if needed. Learn more about how to store edibles here.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse this recipe.
Cannabis Oil Options
This is a quick and easy way to infuse this recipe. However, it’s important to note that liquid-based oils will work much better than solid-based oils.
Using decarbed kief is an exciting way to increase the potency of this recipe, especially if you’re looking for a high THC experience. This is also a great option if you want to enjoy that great doweedos taste.
Prefer microdosing? This easy cannabis salt is the perfect way to add just a hint of cannabis to your favorite treat.
Notes and Expert Tips
- Be sure to use an oil sprayer as suggested, and don’t just pour the oil on. The sprayer will disperse the oil evenly, making sure you don’t get stuck with a bad batch. Possible complications from pouring the oil directly onto the chips include soggy chips and uneven distribution of mg THC.
- Use the edibles dosage calculator to guestimate the mg of delta-9 THC before making the recipe so you don’t accidentally consume more than desired. Remember, if you use any amount of THC, it has the possibility of showing up in a drug test
- Keep out of reach of children (of course!)
Frequently Asked Questions
Making a package of doweedo can be new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about this recipe from my Well With Cannabis Community.
If you don’t have an oil sprayer, you can put the oil and the chips into a large ziplock bag and shake them together to coat the chips. Just be careful not to shake too hard, as this could break the chips.
Make sure that you follow my guidelines on dosing. Find a dose that’s right for you!
It really depends! If you like hot edibles with a spicy flavor, then the Flamin’ Hot Nacho flavor might be right for you. I personally love the classic Nacho Cheese. Or try a different chip option, like Cheetos!
Determine The Dose
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
Cannabis Doritos aka Doweedos
- 1 ounce Doritos Nacho, Cool Ranch, etc
- 1 teaspoon Bliss cannabis oil
- ½ gram Kief or decarbed flower optional
- Prepare your cannabis oil. See oil infusion options below. Put your desired amount of oil in an oil sprayer. If using kief, be sure to decarb first.
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set it aside.
- Measure out a single serving of Doritos, approximately 1 ounce.
- Spread the Doritos on the reserved baking sheet.
- Spray the Doritos with the oil sprayer in an even layer. Toss the Doritos and spay again until your desired dose is used. Sprinkle on kief, if using.
- Place the Doritos in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight bag and label.