This savory CBD seasoning rub is the perfect compliment for your favorite foods, including meats, poultry, veggies, and more (cannabis-infused ramen seasoning, anyone?) Made with your favorite herbs and spices, the CBD flower adds an extra special touch to this tasty recipe.
This post will find my savory CBD seasoning recipe, expert tips for the optimal infusion experience, a fully answered FAQ section, and some delicious recipes to try.
Stock Your Canna Kitchen
- Decarbed CBD flower - this is a great way to infuse the recipe, but there are other ideas outlined in the alternative infusion section below. Just don't forget to decarb first. Need to buy some? Shop all varieties of my CBD flower here.
- Whole black peppercorns - Ground black pepper will work here, too
- Whole coriander seed
- Whole cumin seeds
- Dried rosemary
- Granulated onion
- Cayenne pepper
- Dried thyme
- Kosher salt - You can also use sea salt or cannabis salt
- Seasoned salt - Like Lawry's: a perfect combination of essential spices like paprika and turmeric that contains less sodium
- Brown sugar: Or cannabis sugar, if desired, for the perfect touch of sweet
- *If you don't have whole and want to use ground spices, just decrease the coriander to ½ tablespoon, decrease the amount of cumin to 1 ½ teaspoon, and use the rest as listed.
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - Add the black peppercorns, whole coriander, and whole cumin to a spice grinder and pulse a couple of times to get a coarse grind
- Step 2 - Add the dried rosemary and dried thyme to the spice grinder and run to get a fine grind
- Step 3 - Add the remaining ingredients and decarbed cannabis to the spice grinder and gently pulse to incorporate; grinding too much will pulverize the salt grains.
- Step 4 - Transfer the CBD seasoning rub to a small bowl if used immediately or an air-tight container and store it in a dark, dry cabinet for long-term storage.
- Step 5- Use the CBD seasoning rub as desired. Apply to coat steaks, roasts, burgers, and any cut to grill or roast, and enjoy!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all the different ways you could infuse this recipe.
One of the easiest ways to make an infused recipe is to use just decarbed cannabis.
It's important to keep in mind that you will want to decarb the CBD flower for the full activated CBD benefits.
Of course, you could skip the decarb process and reap the benefits of CBDA if desired.
Shop High-Quality CBD Flower
Notes and Expert Tips
- No worries if you have already ground the cannabis, you can add it as-is
- Plan to use at least one teaspoon of seasoning per pound of meat or veggies
- If roasting in an oven, put this seasoning on the roast's surface, get all sides of the meat, and coat with a little olive oil before cooking
- Avoid any high-temperature cooking like grilling, frying, or microwaving to ensure you're not destroying your cannabinoids
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions I get asked about this delicious seasoning recipe.
You can purchase CBD flowers from my online shop.
I recommend any airtight container, like a mason jar.
Feel free to experiment with juniper berries, dehydrated garlic, chipotle pepper, bay leaf, and different varieties of sea salt; just be sure experimental flavors compliment each other.
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Easy Savory CBD Seasoning & Rub
- 1½ Tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- ¾ Tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1¾ teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 Tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned salt like Lawry's
- 1 Tablespoon granulated onion
- ½ Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 gram ground, decarbed CBD flower
- Add the black peppercorns, whole coriander, and whole cumin to a spice grinder and pulse a couple of times to get a coarse grind.
- Add the dried rosemary and thyme to the spice grinder and run to get a fine grind.
- Add remaining ingredients to the spice grinder and pulse to incorporate; grinding too much will pulverize the salt grains.
- Transfer the venison seasoning rub to a small bowl if using immediately or an air-tight container and store in a dark, dry cabinet for long-term storage.
- If you don't have whole and want to use ground spices, just decrease the coriander to ½ tablespoon and decrease the amount of cumin to 1 ½ teaspoons.
- More cayenne pepper can be added for a spicier kick or swapped out for paprika or smoked paprika for a milder flavor.