Savor summer's most abundant produce with these savory cannabis pesto veggie skewers made with fresh zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, and a delicious homemade cannabis pesto.
- A healthy cannabis recipe made with veggies
- Multiple different infusion options to choose from
- Tips and tricks for making cannabis part of a healthy lifestyle
And that includes healthy cannabis recipes.
We will enjoy these delicious summer vegetables topped with savory cannabis-infused basil pesto for this recipe.
Continue reading to get all the important details about preparing this recipe, including printable instructions at the end.
Looking For More Support?
Join thousands of members inside my private Well With Cannabis Community to ask questions, find support, and share your edible creations!
- Wooden skewers: be sure to soak these in water before grilling
- Zucchini: sliced
- Yellow squash: sliced
- Sweet corn: cut into rounds
- Mushrooms: any kind you like
- Tomatoes: like grape or cherry
- Olive oil: regular or cannabis-infused olive oil
- Salt and pepper: regular or cannabis salt
- Pesto: regular or cannabis-infused pesto
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
Alternate Infusion Options
To infuse this recipe with cannabis, we will use a homemade cannabis pesto.
There are many different ways to make a delicious, cannabis-infused pesto at home using ingredients you've already got.
Like all cannabis edibles, there is no right or wrong way to make something; it depends on your available options and personal preferences.
Use a Foil Pack Instead of Skewers
It's no secret that I love food on a stick for a good reason.
But the truth is that simplicity is key when making healthy cannabis recipes.
Just simple roasted veggies on the grill with homemade cannabis basil pesto on top is the perfect way to enjoy cannabis edibles more healthily.
I love to make these on skewers to get that delicious char on the outside, but I have made the same recipe in a foil packet when I don't have enough time to skewer everything, and it turned out just as delicious.
If you want to do it this way, you can throw your foil packet on the grill for 7-10 minutes or even roast it in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
In step 4, I recommend brushing these skewers with olive oil to prevent them from sticking to the grill. I do not recommend using cannabis-infused olive oil at this point, as the grill temperatures can be very high and potentially denature the THC in the oil. Save your infused oil for after the cooking process.
Just as above, I do not recommend brushing these skewers with pesto before grilling. Again, the temperatures of the grill can be too high and unpredictable. For the best results, wait until after the skewers have been completely cooked before adding the cannabis-infused pesto.
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Cannabis Pesto Veggie Skewers
- 16 each wooden skewers soaked in water
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into ¼ inch coins
- 2 medium yellow squash sliced into ¼ inch coins
- 2 ears sweet corn cut into 1" rounds
- 3 cups brown button mushrooms cleaned and stemmed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup cannabis basil pesto
- 1 sprig fresh basil optional for garnish
- If you have not already, soak your wooden skewers in water so they don't catch fire on the grill.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- With your vegetables prepped and ready, arrange them on the skewers.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 3-4 minutes before flipping.
- Continue cooking until veggies are cooked to your desired texture.
- Remove from the grill and brush with the cannabis basil pesto just before serving.