Eat the rainbow, taste the rainbow with these beautiful plant-based Rainbow Grilled Veggie Kabobs ♥
Rainbow Grilled Veggie Kabobs with a Honey Balsamic Glaze
With summer just around the corner, grilling season has officially begun! Try these beautiful rainbow grilled veggie kabobs for your next cookout or bring them as a sure crowd pleaser to your next party. When you bring these tasty treats to a party with you, you ensure that there is a healthy option for you and the whole family to enjoy!
The Recipe Redux
Small Plates For Sunny DaysSmall bites are perfect for trying many different tastes. Take tapas style eating outside for al fresco dining or a simple picnic. Or maybe you’re serving small bites at a bridal or baby shower or a graduation party. Show us your healthy take on small plates and finger foods.
Rainbow Grilled Veggie Kabobs
These rainbow grilled veggie kabobs are the perfect vegetarian entree or side dish for any grilling occasion. Not only are your veggie options endless, but these kabobs are just so easy to make. You can prepare them ahead of time and bring them to a party with you and simply pull them out right when you’re ready to grill. And don’t think you need to stick with the honey balsamic glaze, you can choose a variety of marinades or glazes to get your desired flavor profile.
As Featured on Good Day Rochester
These tasty Rainbow Grilled Veggie Kabobs were featured on my Health in a Handbasket News Segment titled Vegetarian Summer Side Dishes – be sure to watch it here 🙂
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 2 sweet orange peppers
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 16 ounces of mushrooms
- 16-20 wooden skewers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Honey Balsamic Glaze:
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of honey (Substitute agave syrup if you want this dish vegan-friendly!)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- *Remember to soak your wooden skewers in water for a few minutes before skewering your vegetables. This will keep them from catching fire on the grill!
- For the eggplant, I cut into uniform sized pieces and place them in a bowl with some kosher salt. This will help to pull out some of the moisture and soften them a bit.
- Wash and dry the grape tomatoes.
- Cut the orange peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, red onion and mushrooms into uniform sized pieces.
- Place your vegetables on the skewers in any manner you wish. I went for colors of the rainbow.
- When done - sprinkle with kosher salt, black pepper, and spray with a good amount of cooking spray so they don’t stick to the grill. I recommend a coconut oil cooking spray over an olive oil spray due to the high heat from the grill.
- You can grill your kabobs right away or cover them and save for up to 24 hours before grilling.
- When ready to cook, start up your grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the kabobs on the grill for just a few minutes.
- Flip once and let them cook for another few minutes until you achieve your desired doneness!
- When they are done, remove the kabobs from the grill and generously brush each kabob with the honey balsamic glaze.
I hope you enjoy these Rainbow Veggie Kabobs as much as I did, and I hope you enjoy them tapas style with your family ♥
BEFORE YOU GO!
Subscribe to get your weekly dose of holistic wellness, health & happiness!