These cannabis-infused Cheetos are a cannabis lovers' dream, full of cheesy, crunchy, infused goodness. Discover how easy it is to make your own chweetos at home with cannabis-infused oil or decarbed kief. Choose from traditional, Flamin' Hot, or any other chip you desire. Bake and enjoy!
- The perfect savory cannabis snack
- A crunchy texture with a cheesy, salty taste
- Two infusion options: cannaoil or decarbed flower or kief
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Full of crunch and flavor, these cannabis-infused Cheetos are the perfect savory snack for all cannabis consumers, especially if you are a lover of Cheetos.
Infused with cannabis oil, this recipe includes all the flavors of your favorite Cheeto snack with all the benefits of cannabis.
My Well With Cannabis Community LOVES savory snack options that are cannabis-infused, and I love creating new and fun recipes for us to all try.
In this guide, you will find my easy instructions for making cannabis-infused Cheetos with a regular bag of Cheetos, my expert tips, and fully-answered FAQs.
Join thousands of members inside my private Well With Cannabis Community to ask questions, find support, and share your edible creations!
- Cheetos: Cheddar cheese or flamin' hot Cheetos; pick whichever flavor you enjoy most
- Cannabis oil: There are many different types of oil to choose from in the alternative infusion options below
- Kief: Want an extra potent batch? You can add kief to make this recipe more potent; see directions below
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - If you haven't already, prepare your cannabis oil. See oil infusion options below. Put your desired amount of oil in an oil sprayer.
- Step 2 - Preheat the oven to 240 degrees F. Decide if you want to spray or shake your Cheetos. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set it aside.
- Step 3 - Measure out a single serving of Cheetos, approximately 1 ounce.
- Step 4 - If spraying: spread the Cheetos on the reserved baking sheet. Spray the Cheetos with the oil sprayer in an even layer. If adding kief, sprinkle it on now. Then toss the Cheetos and spay again until your desired dose is used.
- Step 5 - If shaking: add the Cheetos and kief to the ziplock bag. Pour the oil in. Seal the bag and shake well.
- Step 6 - Once well coated, transfer to the reserved baking sheet. Place the Cheetos in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Step 7 - Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Step 8 - Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight bag and label.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
These are best enjoyed immediately, but you can store them in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 5 days if needed. Learn more about how to store edibles here.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse this recipe.
Kief or Decarbed Flower
Using decarbed kief or just decarbed flowers is a great way to increase the potency of this recipe. Just be mindful about how many milligrams of THC you add to each batch. This psychoactive compound should be enjoyed in moderation.
Some THC claims on bags stating they contain THC 600mg will be too strong for most consumers. Always keep the safety of consumers in mind and follow the golden rule of starting low and going slow.
Prefer microdosing? This easy cannabis salt is the perfect way to add just a hint of cannabis to your favorite treat.
Notes and Expert Tips
- If you are using decarbed flower or kief, don't forget the decarb process will add an extra 40-minute activation time to the total time
- Use the edible dosage calculator to calculate the potency of your final product before getting in the kitchen
- Be sure to label your finished cannabis product with the mg of THC. This can help to reduce consumer confusion and overconsumption
- Always keep your edible cannabis snack products out of the hands of children! Safety first is the highest priority, especially with products whose packaging design is attractive to kids.
Frequently Asked Questions
Making chweetos can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about marijuana edibles from my Well With Cannabis Community.
That depends from person to person. Check out my post on how to dose edibles safely to find out which recommended dosage is right for you.
You could try cayenne powder (and adjust to your spice liking), and you could also try simple seasonings like pepper or everything but the bagel seasoning.
Absolutely! Check out my recipes here.
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Cannabis-Infused Cheetos (Chweedos)
- 1 ounce Cheetos traditional or Flamin' Hot
- 1 teaspoon cannabis oil
- ½ gram Kief or decarbed flower optional
- Prepare your cannabis oil. See oil infusion options below. Put your desired amount of oil in an oil sprayer.
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees F. Decide if you want to spray or shake your Cheetos. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set it aside.
- Measure out a single serving of Cheetos, approximately 1 ounce.
- If spraying: spread the Cheetos on the reserved baking sheet. Spray the Cheetos with the oil sprayer in an even layer. Toss the Cheetos and spay again until your desired dose is used.
- If shaking: add the Cheetos to the ziplock bag. Pour the oil in. Seal the bag and shake well. Once well coated, transfer to the reserved baking sheet.
- Place the Cheetos in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight bag and label.