The perfect addition to any holiday party, special occasion, or just a night in. This easy cannabis cake is the delicious, rich, and sweet pick-me-up you have been waiting for. In this comprehensive article, I’ll show you have to make cannabis cake in a quick and easy way!
Table of Contents
- The perfect cake for any special occasion like 420 or a birthday
- Soft, fluffy, and moist texture with a rich flavor
- Dietary features: can be made gluten and dairy-free with appropriate substitutions
Why You Will Love This Recipe
So you have a sweet tooth or a special occasion to prepare for? The good news is that you are in the right place! Because this marijuana cake is the perfect solution.
Do you have a favorite cake recipe that you use all the time? Good! You can actually apply this recipe to that one and BAM it’s cannabis-infused. All you need is a little cannabis butter. How cool is that?
Marijuana edibles are something that we talk about a lot in my Well With Cannabis Community In this community, you can find simple recipes (like this cannabis cake), tons of cannabis education, and much much more!
Recently a member was asking me how to make their own space cake, and so this cannabis cake recipe was born.
In this comprehensive guide, you will learn how to create this cannabis cake, get my expert tips to create the perfect cake, and fully answered FAQ’S. Let’s dive in!
- Cannabutter: This ingredient will infuse our cake with all the cannabis goodness, but if you want to use regular butter, check out our alternative infusion options below.
- Store-bought cake mix: Or feel free to also use your favorite from-scratch recipe and just swap in your cannabutter.
- Accessories: totally optional, but you can use this cannabis leaf shaped cake pan and cannabis cake topper if you want to get fancy.
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 – The first step is to prepare your cannabis-infused butter or oil if you haven’t already. You can check out the alternative infusion options below if you need a different choice.
- Step 2 – In a large mixing bowl, prepare the batter according to the packaging directions, substituting your infused butter or oil for what is called for in the recipe.
- Step 3 – When it’s ready, pour the prepared batter into your leaf-shaped cake mold or traditional cake tin.
- Step 4 – Bake the cake according to the package directions.
- Step 5 – Allow the cake to cool completely on wire racks before removing it from the pan.
- Step 6 – To make things easy, transfer the cake to a serving plate for easier frosting.
- Step 7 – Frost the cake with my cannabis buttercream frosting, or your frosting of choice.
- Step 8 – Decorate with cannabis-décor as desired, slice, serve and enjoy.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
You can store any leftover cake in an airtight container for up to one week, or store it in the freezer for several months.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse this weed cake recipe or alternatives for next time.
Cannabutter: You can easily make cannabutter at home in a slow cooker, Instant Pot, or double boiler. You can also make kief butter. You can then use the prepared melted butter directly in this recipe if you want.
Cannabis sugar: Cannasugar is a very easy and versatile recipe to make, although the process can take a long time. If you are using a favorite homemade cake mix, you can swap in the cannabis sugar here.
Cannabis concentrates: Concentrates like distillate and FECO are the perfect options for those who do not like the taste of weed. Just be mindful of the amount of cannabis concentrate you add to a cannabis recipe, as they can be very potent and the end product can have a very high THC content.
Ground weed: This option works in a pinch, but isn’t right for everyone as you leave the plant material in the cake batter. If you go this route, just make sure to go through the decarb process first, as this gives us the activated ingredients needed.
Notes and Expert Tips
- Make sure you scrape down all sides of the bowl before baking so that you incorporate all of the cannabis product into the cake.
- As a general rule, if you want less cannabis and more cake, feel free to give yourself a small serving of this recipe, or portion control with individually sized cupcakes.
- If you want more cannabis with your cake, double up with this cannabis-infused buttercream frosting.
- Choose your strain of cannabis based on the desired outcome you want. Want a full-body high? Look for Indica genetics. Want something a bit more upbeat? Look for a Sativa-dominant hybrid.
- Feel free to experiment with the edibles dosage calculator – it’s a great way to guestimate the THC levels in your cake.
- Make this recipe into a cake pop for a convenient on-the-go version and a fun way to medicate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Making cannabis cake can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about making cannabis cake from my Well With Cannabis Community.
It’s really up to you! If it’s your first time making cannabis edibles, I would go with a cake mix that you know you really enjoy.
Yes, you can easily change the flavor of the box mix if you want to create a marijuana chocolate cake or even a marijuana sponge cake. For a fresh, bright flavor, you can add some fresh lemon juice to the batter.
Every person is different, and it depends on how many mg of THC you consume. For some people, the effects last 2 hours for other effects can last up to 12 hours. One of the most common mistakes I see is overconsumption, so, it’s a good idea to know your tolerance level and how to dose your edibles correctly.
Determine The Dose
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
Take your edibles to the next level…
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types – all from the comfort of your own home.
How to Make & Decorate a Cannabis Cake
- Prepare your cannabis-infused butter or oil.
- Prepare the batter according to the packaging directions, substituting your infused butter or oil for what is called for in the recipe.
- Pour the batter into your leaf-shaped cake mold.
- Bake according to the package directions.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- Transfer to a plate for frosting.
- Frost with cannabis buttercream frosting or your frosting of choice.
- Decorate with cannabis-décor as desired, slice, serve and enjoy.