These delicious fruit gummies are made with just 3 whole food ingredients: fruit, water, and gelatin. They contain no dyes or artificial flavors and can be easily infused with CBD or THC concentrate for a relaxing, healthy edible experience.
Why Healthy Cannabis Gummies
These healthy cannabis gummies are made with just 3 whole food ingredients: fruit, water, and gelatin and are perfect for supporting a cannabis lifestyle paired with healthy eating.
Unlike traditional cannabis gummies, these gummies contain no artificial dyes, no artificial flavors, no artificial sweeteners, and no added sugar.
If you don’t have cannabis concentrates available or are looking for a more traditional cannabis gummy alternative, we also have these different gummy recipes available:
- Traditional Cannabis Gummy Recipe Made With Oil (Coconut, MCT, etc)
- Cannabis Gummy Recipe Made with Tincture or FECO/RSO
What Are CBD or THC Gummies?
CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid taking the wellness scene by storm, and for a good reason.
Δ9-THC, known as Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, is a cannabinoid loved by both medical and recreational cannabis consumers.
Many anecdotal and evidence-based theories have demonstrated both CBD and THC’s therapeutic value for anxiety, pain, and inflammation.
Consuming CBD or THC gummies may help to improve your physical and/or mental health by interacting with our body’s endocannabinoid system.
The endocannabinoid system is meant to help maintain homeostasis, or balance in the body.
One way we can support our endocannabinoid system is by nourishing it with the powerful anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties found within the cannabis plant.
CBD is not intoxicating, meaning it does not give the feeling of intoxication or ‘being high’, while THC can be intoxicating and induce a high feeling.
Both offer many therapeutic health benefits, making them a favorite choice for many of my Cannabis Compass Course students.
Please join my Well With Cannabis Facebook Community if you have any questions about cooking with cannabis, how to make this recipe specifically, or anything else you can think of that is cannabis related!
Why CBD or THC Gummies?
Consuming cannabis edibles is a way of consuming CBD or THC other forms of cannabis in food.
For many people, the thought of cannabis edibles conjures up stereotypical images.
Just imagine a friend accidentally eating too much of a ‘special brownie’ and subsequently freaking out or passing out.
Thankfully with the rapid legalization of cannabis, talk of CBD or THC edibles has become much more educated, informed, and diverse.
Gummies continue to be a consumer favorite because they are relatively easy to make, enjoyable to eat, and easy to dose once you know how they affect you personally.
Are You New to Consuming Cannabis Edibles? Be sure to read my Beginners Guide to Consuming Cannabis Edibles before getting started to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience!
Why Homemade Edibles Are Better Than Store-Bought Edibles
An individually designed cannabis regimen is an excellent addition to any healthy lifestyle; however, pairing the perfect regimen with a healthy diet can be tricky.
Unfortunately, many of the cannabis-infused products on the shelves today are filled with ingredients that don’t support good health, including high fructose corn syrup, artificial food dyes, artificial sugar, or tons of unnecessary added sugar.
Like you, many people I’ve worked with are managing their health and wellness with diet and lifestyle changes, which means these products are not right for you or them.
By making your own Healthy Cannabis CBD or THC gummies at home, you will have more control over the ingredients you use, the quality of the ingredients, and the final dosages.
What is the Right Gummies Dosage?
The answer to the dosing question is not cut and dry and is not the same for everyone.
A starting cannabis dosage should be made on a case-by-case basis for each individual, but no matter how you start, it is always recommended to start low and go slow.
There are different concentrations of CBD or THC oil and different situations for which various concentrations would be appropriate.
Thus, different dosages are required for different individuals.
That is why I offer my in-depth Cannabis Compass Online Training Course to help individuals like you determine your own perfect dose.
Estimating Your Final Dose
Because there is some variability with this recipe, it will take a bit of math to determine how many THC or CBD milligrams are in your final product.
This is because THC or CBD oil can come in many different concentrations, and the mold wells are all different sizes.
To estimate your final CBD gummies dose, you will need to know:
- What concentration of cannabis oil or concentrate you are starting with?
- How many final gummies did you end up with?
This recipe calls for 1mL of CBD or THC concentrate. Your concentration will determine how strong your final product is.
You will divide your concentration by the total number of gummies you make.
For example, if your mold yielded 50 gummies, you will get:
- 16.6mg of CBD oil divided by 50 gummies = 0.33mg per gummy
- 500mg of CBD concentrate divided by 50 gummies = 10mg per gummy
See the difference? Concentration matters.
This is the formula for determining your final dose:
- Total milligrams of CBD or THC used divided by the final number of gummies = amount of CBD or THC per gummy
How to Make CBD Gummies At Home
Luckily, after weeks and weeks of testing, I have finally locked down a healthy homemade CBD-infused gummy recipe that I am happy with.
This recipe tastes amazing, it can easily be customized, and all of the ingredients have a health-benefiting property.
Made with real fruits and/or real vegetables, these gummies have a vibrant color, a delicious taste, important vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and even dietary fiber – without anything artificial.
Important Tools to Make Homemade Gummies:
If you are like me, you might want to make your gummies RIGHT NOW, but there are a few things you’re going to need before you can make this recipe.
You can certainly opt for alternatives, but to make these the right way, you’re going to need to order a few things first:
- Fresh Fruit or Frozen Fruit of choice
- CBD or THC Oil or CBD Concentrate
- Unflavored Gelatin Powder
- Silicone Gummy Molds
- Digital Instant Read Thermometer
Tips For Making Healthy Cannabis Gummies
- Set your intention first; how much CBD or THC do you want to use?
- Do you want to eat the entire batch in one sitting, or do you want to take two-a-day like a supplement along with your daily multivitamin?
- Using molds, using different shapes or sizes will result in different dosages per gummy, even for a single batch.
- When making your fruit puree, your fruit puree of choice can be either fresh or canned or frozen and thawed.
- Depending on the fruit, peel or remove any seeds first as desired.
- Avoid choosing the following fruits: pineapple, kiwi, ginger root, papaya, figs, or guava.
- These fruits contain an enzyme that will break down the gelatin protein structures and ruin the recipe.
- To make your own customizable version with vegetables, use 1/2 fruit paired with 1/2 vegetable puree of choice.
- While having a dedicated gummy bear mold may be cute and helpful, it is not necessary. You can make this recipe in just about any container you have and cut it to the desired shape and size once the mixture is set.
Frequently Asked CBD Gummy Questions
This is a question that depends on where you live. Many different states have different regulations on both CBD and THC containing products. Here in New York, purchasing any form of CBD edibles from a retailer is currently not legal. However, making your own CBD Gummies at home for your own consumption is not illegal. You should check with your local state, city or town for specific guidelines.
No, eating CBD Gummies will not get you high (if CBD hemp oil is the only cannabis extract being used). However, there is always the potential for cross-contamination or improper labeling due to the lack of regulation in the current marketplace. With that being said, full-spectrum CBD hemp oil does contain less than 0.3% THC. This means that you will be ingesting very small amounts of THC when consumed. While it is likely not enough to induce intoxicating effects, it may be enough to create a false-positive result on a drug test. For those individuals who need to ensure that no THC is consumed, it is recommended to use a broad-spectrum CBD hemp oil or concentrate. Broad-spectrum means that important plant metabolites stay intact, while the THC has been removed.
The answer is yes, you can get CBD gummies for sale. But the more important question is – are they safe? And is it legal? In many states, the answer appears to be no and no. Ensure you are purchasing your gummies from a licensed dispensary or MMJ Program.
- If you haven't already, puree your fruit of choice in a small food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over no heat, add the water or juice.
- Evenly sprinkle the gelatin over the liquid. Set aside, do not stir, and allow it to stand, or "bloom" for 2 minutes.
- After standing for 2 minutes, place the saucepan over medium-low heat. The mixture will be very thick at this point.
- Allow the mixture to become liquified. Once liquid, gently stir the mixture until it reaches a temperature of 165°F. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the reserved fruit purée into the liquid gelatin, whisking well.
- Add the concentrate you are using and stir the mixture well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Working quickly using a small pipette, fill your mold with the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the molds from the refrigerator and count how many total gummies you have made. This will help you determine how many milligrams of CBD or THC are in each gummy.
- Carefully pop the gummies out of the mold.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 50 Serving Size: 1 gummy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Looking To Further Your Cannabis Education?
Are you ready to learn more about cannabis and how you can use it to maximize your health and wellness? Click to learn more about my Cannabis Compass Online Course.
This online cannabis education teaches you how to use, apply, and dose all forms of cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your anxiety, pain, and/or inflammation the natural way from the comfort of your own home.