Have a bottle of CBD oil? Use it to make a delicious batch of CBD cookies! Here you will find an easy step-by-step guide to making your own CBD chocolate chip cookies with your choice of CBD products!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Have you been looking for the perfect CBD recipe to start with?
If you are new to cannabis edibles, cooking with CBD is a great place to start, and this is one of my Well With Cannabis Communities favorite recipes.
For this recipe, you can start with CBD flower or use a bottle of CBD oil if you have it.
This guide will provide step-by-step instructions for making your classic childhood favorite, notes, expert tips, and frequently asked questions about making your edibles.
Stock Your Canna Kitchen
- All-purpose flour: white, all-purpose, AP flour works best in this recipe
- Baking soda: don't confuse this for baking powder
- Salt: kosher salt or table salt works
- CBD oil: Need a product to start with? Shop here! There are many different ways you can infuse this recipe. Find them under the Alternate Infusion Options section below.
- Sugar: I use white sugar in this recipe, but if you want, you could substitute cannabis sugar or dark brown sugar
- Egg: for consistency
- Vanilla extract: for taste
- Optional toppings: This cookie batter is a blank canvas. Feel free to add unsweetened chocolate chips, M&M's, sea salt, or even your favorite healthy ingredients, like nuts. One cup seems to be a perfect balance, but add more if you want a higher chocolate ratio.
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - The first step is to preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set them aside. A greased baking sheet will work, too. Measure out your CBD oil into a ½ cup measuring cup and fill the rest of the cup with additional oil.
- Step 2 - Whisk the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set this aside.
- Step 3 - In another large, separate bowl, cream the oil and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4 - Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed sugar bowl.
- Step 5 - Starting at a low speed and gradually increasing, beat well with the mixer.
- Step 6 - Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Step 7 - Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated, and a dough has formed.
- Step 8 - Fold in the chocolate chips when the dough has formed.
- Step 9 - Create one tablespoon-sized dough ball (using a #70 scoop) and place them evenly 2" apart on the reserved baking sheets.
- Step 10 - Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until they are perfectly golden brown. See baking notes below.
- Step 11 - Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 1-2 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet and transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Step 12 - Enjoy!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
While these cookies are best enjoyed immediately, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. Adding a slice of bread to the airtight container will help keep them moist. Learn more about how to store edibles here.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
Even if the CBD is from hemp, there is a possibility it may contain trace amounts of THC.
While it may not be enough to make you feel high, it is enough to cause a failed drug test - so keep that in mind!
CBD oil, sometimes called a CBD tincture, is the easiest way to infuse this CBD cookie recipe and reap the benefits of CBD oil.
Storebought CBD oils are great because they have lab tests that make it super easy to know the milligram dose per serving size.
To calculate the CBD dosage, note how many cookies your final batch makes. This recipe makes 24 cookies.
If you used a whole 500mg bottle of CBD oil, you would get approximately 20mg of CBD per cookie.
If you used a whole 1000mg bottle of CBD oil, you would get approximately 42mg of CBD per cookie.
Learn more about how to bake and cook with CBD oil here.
CBD flower is a great way to make any infusion you desire. You can shop for your favorite strain in my shop.
Shop High-Quality CBD Flower
Just be sure to decarb first! After decarbing, CBD can be infused into:
Notes and Expert Tips
- To calculate your final dose easily, divide the milligrams of CBD added to the recipe by the number of cookies made. If you are using flowers, you can use the edible dosage calculator to do the math.
- If you want to make these chocolate-chocolate chip cookies, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the batter
Frequently Asked Questions
Cooking with CBD can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked from my Well With Cannabis Community.
Any CBD product from my shop is perfect for getting started. Need help picking the perfect product? Start with my guide on choosing a safe CBD product and go from there! Be sure you choose CBD oil, not hemp seed oil (which is nutritious but has no CBD).
You do not need lecithin for the structure of this recipe, but you can add it if you want to increase the bioavailability of CBD. Add ½ teaspoon of soy lecithin or sunflower lecithin per batch.
0-5mg of CBD per serving is considered a low dose to start with for first-time consumers.
Thankfully, CBD will not make you feel high, and eating as much as you desire is OK.
While CBD is not dangerous to children, be sure to keep it out of reach of children. The parent and doctor's advice should determine the use of these products.
This site does not offer medical advice. If you are facing a serious medical condition or taking prescription medications, it is a good idea to consult your or primary physician before adding any new supplemental dietary product to your regimen.
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More CBD Guides You Will Love
Want to start cooking with THC? Check out this recipe for my simple cannabis chocolate chip cookies.
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Set this aside.
- Measure out your CBD oil into a ½ cup measuring cup and fill the rest of the cup with additional oil.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, cream the oil and sugar together with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed oil bowl and beat well with the mixer.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while continuing to mix. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and a dough is formed.
- When the dough is formed, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Create 1 tablespoon-sized dough balls (using a #70 scoop) and place them evenly 2" apart on the reserved baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 9 minutes. See baking notes below.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from the baking sheet and transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- All ovens bake at different temperatures, and 9 minutes is an average baking time. Some ovens will bake quicker, so check your cookies for your desired doneness between 7-10 minutes. Bake time will also depend on the size of your dough balls, so adjust accordingly.