Get the recipe for a simple, easy-to-prepare, classic red wine sangria made with a cannabis tincture and your choice of red wine or grape juice. Easily customizable, this is the perfect cannabis cocktail or mocktail to enjoy all year long.
Table of Contents
- Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Ingredient Notes
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Storage Instructions
- Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
- Notes & Expert Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
- A Word of Caution On Cannabis Cocktails
- Determine The Dose
- More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
- Easy Cannabis Red Wine Sangria Recipe
- A simple, classic recipe for cannabis red wine sangria
- Instructions for making a cannabis alcohol tincture
- Options for making this a cocktail or mocktail
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I’ve shared a ton of cannabis drink recipes here on the blog, but this is by far the most popular summertime staple.
And I am excited because this cannabis sangria is the very first cocktail I am sharing from my Cannabis Drinks Made Simple Cookbook!
In this guide, I will share the step-by-step instructions for making this recipe, share different ways you can customize this recipe to make it your own, and talk more about combining alcohol and cannabis safely.
- Oranges – washed with the rind on, sliced, and diced. Feel free to use different types of oranges for different flavor combinations – tangerines, blood oranges, or honeybells are all awesome choices!
- Lemons – washed with the rind on, sliced and diced
- Bottle of red wine – A whole bottle of a Spanish red wine of your choice – Pinot Noir, Merlot, and Syrah are all tasty
- Cannabis alcohol tincture – You want to ensure you are using an alcohol-based tincture, not an oil-based tincture. You can learn more in the alternative infusion option section below
- Frozen berry mix – Feel free to use any type of frozen berry that you like. Frozen raspberries, blackberries, or a full mix work great
- While cinnamon stick – to add a slightly spicy flavor
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 – In a half-gallon-sized mason jar, muddle the orange and lemon with a wooden spoon.
- Step 2 – Add the wine, cannabis tincture, frozen berries, and cinnamon stick.
- Step 3 – Attach a tight-fitting lid and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Step 4 – After 12 hours, strain and pour. Serve over ice. Garnish with reserved fruit as desired.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
This delicious sangria can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The longer the sangria sits, the longer the flavors will have to come together and develop.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse this delicious red wine sangria.
Before getting started with this cannabis sangria recipe, you want to make sure that you already have a cannabis alcohol tincture prepared first.
A tincture is made by extracting cannabis compounds with high-proof grain alcohol.
If you have not yet made a cannabis tincture, you will want to prepare either one of the following tinctures:
If you have already turned your cannabis tincture into cannabis sugar, you could easily infuse this recipe by adding 1/3-1/2 cup of cannabis sugar in place of the tincture.
Notes & Expert Tips
- Traditional red sangria is made with red wine, traditionally a Pinot Noir, Merlot, Syrah. If you use a bottle of red wine to make this sangria, it will taste like more of a traditional sangria, and it will also be higher in alcohol content.
- Make it a mocktail! If you use a bottle of no-added-sugar grape juice to make your sangria, it will have less of a traditional flavor, but will also have less alcohol content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Making cannabis sangria can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common frequently asked questions I get asked by my Well With Cannabis Community.
vI do not think that any oil-based infusions like cannabis coconut oil, cannabutter, or even cannabis concentrates would work well in this recipe; it really needs to be a cannabis tincture to maintain the best consistency.
Yes, simply swap the wine for your favorite red grape juice, and be sure to evaporate any extra alcohol from your tincture.
Check out all of my delicious cocktail recipes in my new cookbook Cannabis Drinks Made Simple!
A Word of Caution On Cannabis Cocktails
I like cannabis a lot more than I like alcohol, but every once in a while I like to enjoy a good cocktail or glass of wine.
On a very rare occasion, I like to combine my cannabis and alcohol in one, like with a cannabis cocktail.
Cannabis edibles can be strong and potent, even causing hallucinogenic side effects in some situations.
If you are brand new to cannabis edibles, be sure to grab my beginner’s guide to cannabis edibles before you get started to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Combining Cannabis and Alcohol
Both THC and alcohol have the ability to produce intoxicating effects.
On top of that, they both can affect everyone very differently based on our own unique physiology and endocannabinoid systems.
This cannabis sangria is combining two intoxicating ingredients – cannabis and alcohol – so I want you to take special care to be mindful of your consumption amount and your own personal tolerance levels.
Cannabis tinctures are made with high-proof alcohol.
The cannabis potency can vary greatly from batch to batch depending on the amount and quality of cannabis used.
Please make sure you are using your best judgment, and my edibles dosage calculator, so that you can enjoy your cannabis sangria safely and responsibly.
Determine The Dose
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
Take your edibles to the next level…
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types – all from the comfort of your own home.
Easy Cannabis Red Wine Sangria
- In a half-gallon sized mason jar, muddle the orange and lemon with a wooden spoon.
- Add the wine, cannabis tincture, frozen berries, and cinnamon stick.
- Attach a tight-fitting lid and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, strain and pour. Serve over ice. Garnish with reserved fruit as desired.