Take the classic Paloma Cocktail, a tequila-based drink made with the sweetness of grapefruit juice and mint, to the next level with these CBD or THC cannabis infusion options and simple step-by-step instructions.
- a fresh and delicious cannabis cocktail
- options for creating a cocktail or mocktail
- Choose from multiple THC or CBD infusion options
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Bright, energetic and refreshing, this grapefruit mint paloma is perfect for brunching, celebrating, or just an afternoon pick-me-up.
Traditionally made with bottled grapefruit soda and tequila, this version uses fresh grapefruit juice and ginger to achieve big, bold flavor.
As members of my Well With Cannabis Community know, there are many ways to infuse a cocktail like this.
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions and multiple different infusion options to choose from.
Stock Your Canna Kitchen
- Fresh ginger - in a pinch? Prepared ginger works, too!
- Cannabis sugar - learn how to make your own cannabis sugar or find alternative infusion options below
- Fresh mint - fresh mint leaves are best, but in a pinch, mint extract works
- Grapefruit juice - freshly squeezed is great, but bottled will do. Want to switch up the flavor? Try orange or lime juice!
- Seltzer water - unflavored, or flavored if you prefer
- Ice cubes - a must have
- Cookbook - find over 50 delicious drink recipes in my Cannabis Drinks Made Simple Cookbook
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - Prepare your cannabis sugar or other infusion option.
- Step 2 - In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the ginger and cannabis sugar.
- Step 3 - Add the mint and muddle again lightly to release the oils and mix the natural flavors.
- Step 4 - Add the grapefruit juice and stir with the muddler to ensure the sugar is dissolved.
- Step 5 - Add one cup of ice, seltzer water, and tequila, if using.
- Step 6 - Shake well before pouring into a highball glass.
- Step 7 - Garnish with a mint sprig and grapefruit wedges.
- Step 8 - Enjoy!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
This cannabis paloma cocktail is best enjoyed immediately.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
There are so many ways to customize cannabis cocktails to produce the outcome you desire. The flower you start with will matter most in your final outcome.
Additionally, the strain of the cannabis plants and common terpenes present matters, too. A good strain will make you feel amazing.
This is my preferred way to infuse this recipe.
Cannabis sugar is simple, versatile, and easy to store for long-term use.
For this mojito recipe, I am only recommending tinctures made with high-proof alcohol, not oil based tinctures.
You can make a THC or CBD tincture with the following methods:
Things not to use:
- Don't try to make this cocktail with oil, it will separate and float to the top
- Skip trying to make cannabis simple syrup, cannabinoids need fat and it will separate
Notes and Expert Tips
- To make CBD cannabis sugar, simply swap CBD flower for the THC dominant cannabis flower.
- Easily swap the fresh raspberries for fresh strawberries or blackberries. Perhaps a blueberry mojito?
- Make your cannabis infusion match your desired outcome. Want to up the energy level and experience a lifted effect? Opt for a sativa-dominant hybrid. A bit of relaxation and more sleepy experience? Try a Indica-dominant hybrid.
- Want to learn more about crafting CBD and THC cocktails and mocktails? Check out my Cannabis Drinks Made Simple Cookbook!
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Cannabis Paloma Cocktail or Mocktail
- 1 teaspoon cannabis sugar
- ¼ inch fresh ginger, peeled, sliced thin
- 4 leaves fresh mint
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice wedges for garnish optional
- 2 ounces seltzer water
- 1½ ounces tequila optional
- Prepare your cannabis sugar or other infusion option.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the ginger and the cannabis sugar.
- Once that is muddled gently, add the mint and muddle well.
- Then add the grapefruit juice and stir with the muddler to ensure the sugar is dissolved .
- Add one cup of ice, seltzer water, and tequila, if using.
- Add the top and shake well before pouring in a highball glass.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and grapefruit wedges and enjoy.