Learn how to make a classic cannabis apple pie with either store-bought or homemade crust and carious infusion options including cannabis sugar, cannabutter, cannabis coconut oil, and cannabis concentrates.
- A classic, easy-to-make recipe
- Several different infusion options
- Expert tips and tricks to make it perfect
Why You Will Love This Recipe
It is October here in Upstate, NY, and that means it is officially time for all things FALL, including pumpkin spice lattes and this brand new cannabis apple pie!
This recipe was one of the most requested recipes from members in my Well With Cannabis Community when I polled for must-have Fall cannabis recipes.
As I always say, there are many different ways to make edibles, and there is never only one right way, so today, I have many different options for making cannabis apple pie using my favorite staple cannabis recipes.
Join The Community
Join hundreds of members inside my private Well With Cannabis Community to ask questions, find support, and share your creations!
Storebought or Homemade Crust
You can decide how to make your own cannabis-apple pie based on what you have available and how strong you want the dosage.
We will explore all of the possible infusion options below.
Cannabis Apple Pie Infusion Options
We will explore four different infusion options:
- Infused with cannasugar
- Infused with cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil
- Infused with concentrates like FECO
- Infused with decarbed flowers or kief
Cannabis sugar is one of my favorite staple recipes because it is so versatile.
It also works perfectly because the recipe calls for a full cup of sugar, making it easier to increase the dosage and potency of this recipe.
While it isn't exactly the easiest recipe to make, once you have it prepared, you can use this recipe in so many other cannabis recipes.
Cannabutter or Coconut Oil
While we add 1 tablespoon of cannabutter to the pie filling, that alone is likely not enough to make you feel any intoxicating effects of cannabis.
If you only have cannabutter or coconut oil available, you will want to make a from-scratch cannabis-infused pie crust.
Add the concentrate after step five when you are stirring all of the dry ingredients together with the apples. Stir well to ensure it is well incorporated.
Be sure to stir well to ensure the concentrate is incorporated evenly.
Decarbed Cannabis Flower
Adding dried, ground, decarbed cannabis flowers may cause a texture issue for some people, while others note that if they grind their cannabis fine enough, they can't even notice it's there.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions?
Try our popular edibles calculator!
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
Enhance Your Cannabis Education
My beginner-friendly Cannabis Compass Online Course will show you how to dose, use, and apply cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your most unwanted symptoms the natural way from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Classic Cannabis Apple Pie
For the Pie Crust
- 2 9 inch pie crusts
For the Apple Pie Filling
For The Egg Wash
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- If you are using a homemade pie crust, make this first. If you are using a store-bought crust, pull the crusts out of the refrigerator and allow the crust to come to room temperature for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet in foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 cup of cannabis sugar with the corn starch, tapioca flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the apples with lemon juice until well coated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the apple mixture and mix well until all of the apple slices are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Place one pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie dish, center accordingly, and press the crust against the sides and bottom of the dish.
- Carefully add the reserved apple filling and spread evenly. Dot the top with the diced cannabutter.
- Place the second crust atop the pie filling and center accordingly. Using your forefingers and thumbs, pinch the crust to seal and create a scalloped edge all the way around. Trim any excess crust if needed.
- Cut four slits into the top of the crust, or make cutouts before step 8 using a cute cannabis cookie cutter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- Brush the pie crust with enough egg wash to coat the top and sprinkle with the reserved 1 teaspoon of cannabis sugar.
- Cover the edges of the pie with a strip of aluminum foil to avoid excessing browning.
- Place the pie on the reserved foil-lined baking sheet (to catch possible leaks) and place it in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue cooking for an additional 50-55 minutes.
- When the pie is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Let cool approximately 30 minutes before serving.