Learn how to make a classic Cannabis Apple Pie with either store-bought or homemade crust and many infusion options including cannabis sugar, cannabutter, cannabis coconut oil, and/or cannabis concentrates.
Classic Homemade Cannabis Apple Pie
It is October here in Upstate, NY, and that means it is officially time for all things FALL including cannabis-infused pumpkin spice lattes and this brand new cannabis apple pie!
This recipe was one of the most requested recipes from members in my Well With Cannabis Facebook Group (join us!) when I polled for must-have Fall cannabis recipes.
As I always say, there are many different ways to make cannabis edibles, and there is never only one right way, so today, I have many different options for making cannabis apple pie using common staple cannabis recipes.
Join nearly twenty thousand awesome members inside my Well With Cannabis Facebook Community if you have any questions about cooking with cannabis or want to share your creations!
Storebought or Homemade Crust?
You will decide how to make your own cannabis-apple pie based on what product you have available to you to infuse it with and how strong you want the dosage.
This will ultimately determine whether you need to make a homemade pie crust or can get away with using a store-bought one as we used.
If you’re making your cannabis apple pie with either cannabis sugar or cannabis concentrates, you can go forward with using a storebought pie crust.
Of course, if you want a super-strong cannabis apple pie, you can go for all three, infuse your crust with cannabutter and infuse your filling with cannabis sugar and/or cannabis concentrate. We will explore all of the possible infusion options below.
Cannabis Apple Pie Infusion Options
We will explore four different infusion options:
- Infused with Cannabis Sugar
- Infused with Cannabutter or Cannabis Coconut Oil
- Infused with Cannabis Concentrates or FECO
- Infused with Decarboxylated Cannabis Flowers
Pie Made With Cannabis Sugar
It also works perfectly because the recipe calls for a full cup of sugar, making it easier to increase the dosage and potency of this recipe.
While it isn’t exactly the easiest recipe to make, once you have it prepared, you can use this recipe in so many other cannabis recipes.
The process may seem intimidating at first, but I promise you it is easy, and you can get started with my step-by-step guide here.
Once the tincture is made, the next step of infusing the sugar is easy; you pour the tincture over the sugar and let the alcohol naturally evaporate off.
Pie Made with Cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil
While we add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pie filling, that alone is likely not enough to make you feel any intoxicating effects of cannabis.
While I don’t have my own cannabis crust recipe here on the blog, you can take any traditional pie crust recipe and swap the fat called for your cold, infused fat option.
Pie Made with Cannabis Concentrates
If you are one of the lucky consumers to have access to cannabis concentrates like CBD concentrate, distillate, FECO, wax, shatter, and more, it will be super easy to infuse this pie (and make it super strong!)
Add the concentrate after step 5 when you are stirring all of the dry ingredients together with the apples. Be sure to stir well to ensure the concentrate is incorporated evenly.
Pie Made with Decarboxylated Cannabis Flower
While not ideal, you really can make your apple pie with decarboxylated cannabis flower if you wish.
Adding dried, ground, decarbed cannabis flowers may cause a texture issue for some people, while others note that if they grind their cannabis fine enough, they can’t even notice it’s there.
Use An Infusion Machine For Your Edibles
If the process of decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles seems like too much work, a cannabis infusion machine is a perfect solution for you!
Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that do all the work for you by decarboxylating and infusing your butters, oils, and more.
Use a LEVO Machine
The LEVO II machine can be used to decarboxylate, infuse, and make perfect small batches of butter or oil at home.
Want a discount on a LEVO machine? Be sure to use the discount code EMILY10 at checkout for 10% off your purchase!
Use an Ardent Cannabis Machine
The Ardent Cannabis FX Machine can be used to decarboxylate, infuse, and make perfect larger batches of butter or oil and more at home.
Want a discount on an Ardent Cannabis Machine? Be sure to use the coupon code EMILY30 at checkout for $30 off your order!
Elevate Your Cannabis Education
The Cannabis Compass Online Course will show you how to dose, use, and apply cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your most unwanted symptoms the natural way, from the comfort of your own home.
Classic Cannabis Apple Pie
For the Pie Crust
- 2 9 inch pie crusts
For the Apple Pie Filling
- 1 cup + 1 teaspoon cannabis sugar divided
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/16 teaspoon ground clove
- 6 cups peeled cored, and sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cannabutter diced
For The Egg Wash
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- If you are using a homemade pie crust, make this first. If you are using a store-bought crust, pull the crusts out of the refrigerator and allow the crust to come to room temperature for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet in foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 cup of cannabis sugar with the corn starch, tapioca flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the apples with lemon juice until well coated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the apple mixture and mix well until all of the apple slices are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Place one pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie dish, center accordingly, and press the crust against the sides and bottom of the dish.
- Carefully add the reserved apple filling and spread evenly. Dot the top with the diced cannabutter.
- Place the second crust atop the pie filling and center accordingly. Using your forefingers and thumbs, pinch the crust to seal and create a scalloped edge all the way around. Trim any excess crust if needed.
- Cut four slits into the top of the crust, or make cutouts before step 8 using a cute cannabis cookie cutter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- Brush the pie crust with enough egg wash to coat the top and sprinkle with the reserved 1 teaspoon of cannabis sugar.
- Cover the edges of the pie with a strip of aluminum foil to avoid excessing browning.
- Place the pie on the reserved foil-lined baking sheet (to catch possible leaks) and place it in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue cooking for an additional 50-55 minutes.
- When the pie is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Let cool approximately 30 minutes before serving.