This homemade cannabis eggnog is perfect for your upcoming holiday party or holiday festivities. Infused with hints of nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and cannabis, I can guarantee that your guests will be sipping on this drink throughout the holiday season!
- The perfect creamy, warm, and all-so-cozy holiday eggnog
- So easy to make, mix heavy cream, spices, and your infusion of choice
- Dietary features: gluten-free, can be made dairy-free with appropriate substitutions
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This is the holiday drink of your cannabis dreams with just a few simple ingredients, including a small amount of THC. This thing of beauty is an absolute delight and can enhance any exciting moment.
My Well With Cannabis Community has been asking for cannabis-infused holiday recipes that don't produce a massive head high, and I could not resist infusing the classic eggnog we all know.
I hope you love it so much that you'll be preparing quarts of eggnog throughout the New Year!
In this guide, you'll find all the ingredients needed for this creamy cannabis egg nog, expert tips and tricks for best results, and fully-answered FAQs. Enjoy.
Looking For More Support?
Join thousands of members inside my private Well With Cannabis Community to ask questions, find support, and share your edible creations!
- Egg yolks - (not egg whites) to create a yolk mixture
- Sugar - granulated sugar or cannabis sugar
- Heavy whipping cream - for a lighter version, you can substitute fat-free cream or half-and-half
- Milk - regular milk or cannabis milk - your choice!
- Ground spices - nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves
- Vanilla extract
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar.
- Step 2 - Whisk 2-3 minutes until the mix is light and creamy.
- Step 3 - Combine the cream, milk, nutmeg, and salt in a saucepan. Heat until just simmering. Reduce to low heat.
- Step 4 - Add a ladleful of the hot cream and milk to the egg bowl and whisk well.
- Step 5 - Repeat until you have added almost all of the cream mix.
- Step 6 - Once finished, pour the mixture back into the saucepan and return the heat to medium-high.
- Step 7 - Whisk the mixture until it begins to thicken. If you have a thermometer, you want to reach 160-170°F.
- Step 8 - Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Step 9 - Pour the prepared mixture into a container for refrigeration.
- Step 10 - Serve this eggnog any way you wish. Warm, over ice, or with rum!
- Step 11 - Garnish with cinnamon and whipped cream.
- Step 12 - Enjoy your homemade cannabis eggnog!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Store the remainder of the eggnog in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore the different ways you could infuse this recipe.
Notes and Expert Tips
- If you're new to edibles, be mindful of your THC dosage. Although you want to have a delightful experience, a fun experience, you don't want to learn the hard way what it means to overconsume cannabis edibles.
- Keep out of reach of children. While it's amazing to reach for a glass of medicated eggnog after a long day of work, this treat is for the adult sweet tooth only.
- Whether it be OG Kush or a strain with a specific terpene profile - pick your favorite cannabis strain to enjoy!
- If you'd like to make the mixing process easy, feel free to use a bowl of a stand mixer. There are some really good brands that can cut the mixing process time in half and create soft peaks that are perfect for this holiday drink!
Frequently Asked Questions
Making cannabis eggnog can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about this recipe from my Well With Cannabis Community.
By the way, if you join the community, you can gain access to recipes like this and multiple special offers!
Yes, you can substitute full-fat coconut milk for the heavy cream and lite coconut milk for the milk.
Yes, just know that the more fat the milk contains, the creamier the final product.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More Drink Recipes You Will Love
Don't forget to check out this full guide to making cannabis drinks at home!
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home with ease. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Creamy Cannabis Eggnog
- 4 ounces white rum
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk 2-3 minutes until the mix is light and creamy.
- Combine the cream, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat gradually until just simmering. Then, reduce the heat to low.
- Add a ladleful of the hot cream and milk to the egg bowl. Whisk well. Repeat until you have added almost all of the cream mix. This process is known as tempering and helps to cook the eggs.
- Once the eggs have been tempered, pour the mixture back into the saucepan and return the heat to medium-high.
- Whisk the mixture until it begins to thicken. If you have a thermometer, you want to reach 160-170°F.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt..
- Pour the prepared mixture into a container for refrigeration. Refrigerate until completely cool.
- Once ready, you can serve this eggnog any way you wish. Warm, over ice, or with rum! If adding rum, mix well.
- Garnish with cinnamon and whipped cream.
- Enjoy! Store the remainder of the eggnog in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- This recipe makes four 8-ounce portions or five to six 6 ounce portions.
- If you make this a boozy eggnog, be careful mixing alcohol and cannabis and enjoy at your own risk.
- Nutrition facts were calculated without the addition of alcohol.