This homemade cannabis eggnog is perfect for your upcoming holiday party or holiday festivities! Infused with hints of nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and cannabis, I can guarantee that your guests will love sipping on this drink throughout the holiday season. Find options for making this drink with my Bliss Beverage Booster and more.
Table of Contents
- The perfect creamy, warm, and all-so-cozy holiday eggnog
- Options for including alcohol – or not – to accommodate all preferences
- Want to make it easy? Have my Bliss Beverage Booster shipped directly to your door and you can have perfect dosing every time!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
If you are looking for the holiday drink of your cannabis dreams made with just a few simple ingredients, including a small amount of CBD or THC, this drink is for you!
My Well With Cannabis Community recently asked for more cannabis-infused holiday recipes, and I could not resist infusing the classic eggnog we all know and love.
In this guide, you’ll find all the ingredients needed for this creamy cannabis egg nog, expert tips and tricks for best results, and fully answered FAQs.
Plus, I will go over all of your infusion options. From perfect dosing of 2.5mg THC and CBD per pump with my Bliss Beverage Booster to cannabutter and more – you have options.
What You’ll Need
- 6 egg yolks – Yolks only here, no egg whites. You need these to create a yolk mixture.
- ½ cup sugar – you can use white granulated sugar or cannabis sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream – for a lighter version, you can substitute fat-free cream or half-and-half. You can infuse this if desired.
- 2 cups whole milk – regular milk or cannabis milk – your choice! You don’t have to use whole milk; 2%, 1%, or even fat-free will work.
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 pumps Bliss Beverage Booster – This is the perfect option to infuse this drink! Each pump provides 2.5mg D9-THC and 2.5mg CBD for the perfect Blissful experience. Find the many different options below in the alternative infusion option section
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 – In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar.
- Step 2 – Whisk for 2-3 minutes until the mix is light and creamy.
- Step 3 – Combine the cream, milk, nutmeg, and salt in a saucepan. Heat until just simmering. Reduce to low heat.
- Step 4 – Add a ladleful of the hot cream and milk to the egg bowl and whisk well.
- Step 5 – Repeat until you have added almost all the cream mix.
- Step 6 – Once finished, pour the mixture into the saucepan and return the heat to medium-high.
- Step 7 – Whisk the mixture until it begins to thicken. If you have a thermometer, you want to reach 160-170°F.
- Step 8 – Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Step 9 – Pour the prepared mixture into a container for refrigeration.
- Step 10 – When ready, you can serve this eggnog any way you wish. Warm, over ice, or with rum! If you’re infusing with the Bliss Beverage Booster, put your desired amount of pumps in the bottom of each glass before pouring the eggnog in. Stir well to ensure the booster is fully incorporated.
- Step 11 – Garnish with cinnamon and whipped cream.
- Step 12 – Enjoy your homemade cannabis eggnog!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Store the remainder of the eggnog in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something.
Below, we will explore the different ways you could infuse this recipe.
Infused sugar – you can use regular granulated sugar or cannabis sugar. If you only have a tiny bit of cannabis sugar, substitute in a tablespoon of sugar that is not infused.
Infused milk – you can use regular milk or cannabis milk. The higher the fat %, the creamier the mix will be.
Cannabutter – while it’s not my favorite way, you could add a bit of melted cannabutter during step 7.
Cannabis tincture – If you want to add in a small amount, you can add a tincture when adding the vanilla extract.
Notes and Expert Tips
- If you’re new to edibles, be mindful of your THC dosage. Although you want to have a delightful experience, a fun experience, you don’t want to learn the hard way what it means to overconsume cannabis edibles.
- Keep out of reach of children. While it’s amazing to reach for a glass of medicated eggnog after a long day of work, this treat is for the adult sweet tooth only.
- Whether it be OG Kush or a strain with a specific terpene profile – pick your favorite cannabis strain to enjoy!
- If you’d like to make the mixing process easy, feel free to use a bowl of a stand mixer. Some really good brands can cut the mixing process time in half and create soft peaks that are perfect for this holiday drink.
- Want to learn how to make cannabis drinks at home? Get started with my Cannabis Drinks Made Simple Cookbook – it makes the perfect holiday gift!
Creamy Cannabis Eggnog
- 4 ounces white rum
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk 2-3 minutes until the mix is light and creamy.
- Combine the cream, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat gradually until just simmering. Then, reduce the heat to low.
- Add a ladleful of the hot cream and milk to the egg bowl. Whisk well. Repeat until you have added almost all of the cream mix. This process is known as tempering and helps to cook the eggs.
- Once the eggs have been tempered, pour the mixture back into the saucepan and return the heat to medium-high.
- Whisk the mixture until it begins to thicken. If you have a thermometer, you want to reach 160-170°F.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt..
- Pour the prepared mixture into a container for refrigeration. Refrigerate until completely cool.
- When ready, you can serve this eggnog any way you wish. Warm, over ice, or with rum! If you're infusing with the Bliss Beverage Booster, put your desired amount of pumps in the bottom of each glass before pouring the eggnog in.
- If using the Beverage Booster, stir well to ensure everything is well incorporated. Garnish with cinnamon and whipped cream.
- Enjoy! Store the remainder of the eggnog in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can substitute full-fat coconut milk for the heavy cream and light coconut milk for the milk.
Yes, just know that the more fat the milk contains, the creamier the final product.
Take your edibles to the next level…
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types – all from the comfort of your own home.