Ugh, self-care, until…did someone mention cannabis? Yes, mindful cannabis consumption counts as self-care! Here, you will discover five simple ways you can add cannabis to your self-care routine in order to feel better, increase relaxation, and enhance your overall experience.
Table of Contents
- Why You Will Love This Guide
- Your Self-Care Routine is Important
- Supplement with Cannabis
- Cannabis For Skincare
- Shop All Topicals
- Add Cannabis to Food & Drinks
- Shop All Gummies
- Cannabis at Bedtime
- Shop Sleep Products
- Cannabis For Stress Management
- Practice Self-Care with Cannabis
- More Articles You Will Love
- The importance of self-care
- Ways you can use cannabis in your day-to-day life
- Want to make it easy? Shop with me to find everything you need to get started – from topicals, tinctures, and more – ordered online and delivered directly to your door!
Why You Will Love This Guide
Self-care. It almost sounds redundant until I mention the fact that using cannabis absolutely counts as self-care!
It helps you care for yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally.
We often talk about how cannabis can be one of the most important self-care tools with members of my Well With Cannabis Community.
With calming and relaxing properties, adding cannabis to your self-care routine can be a no-brainer to enhance your overall wellness experience.
In this guide, we will explore the most popular ways that you can add cannabis to your self-care routine in a way that works for you and your lifestyle.
We will also discuss the different ways you can consume cannabis and where to get high-quality products to start your journey.
Your Self-Care Routine is Important
Self-care is a critical part of any happy, healthy, holistic lifestyle.
It’s a simple way to say “I love you” to yourself daily.
Adding cannabis to your self-care routine is a great way to help take care of yourself mentally and emotionally.
A self-care routine is about making time throughout the day to check in with yourself and ensure you are feeling your best.
But it doesn’t always come that easy.
Whether it be the fear that there is not enough time in the day to add one more thing to the to-do list or the overwhelm of knowing where to get started.
Taking that first step towards creating a self-care routine can be the hardest.
That is why I’ve put together five of my favorite ways to add cannabis to your self-care routine easily.
But before we get started, the one thing I cannot stress enough is the important fact that there is no right way to do self-care.
I want you to create a routine that works for you and your lifestyle.
Supplement with Cannabis
Whether it’s your daily multivitamin or extra vitamin C when you have a cold, supplementation can play an important role in any daily routine.
Many of my community members who use cannabis take it along with their vitamins, probiotics, and other supplements.
One of the most popular supplement methods is with sublingual tinctures or products held under the tongue.
Depending on your needs, you can choose which cannabinoid is best to supplement with, including:
- CBD oil – best for general wellness, managing inflammation, anxiety control
- CBG oil – best for mood enhancement, focus, and energy throughout the day
- THC oil – best for pain relief, anxiety, and depression management
- CBN oil – best for help falling asleep and staying asleep
Another popular option for many consumers is to make and fill capsules.
Capsules are easy to consume and are easy to add along with your other daily supplements.
Cannabis For Skincare
Our skin is the body’s largest organ, so it is important to take time to care for our skin.
Both men and women are rapidly discovering how amazing cannabis can be for skin health.
Hemp seed oil is a nourishing botanical that contains important nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
Many cannabis topical products also contain cannabinoids, which provide relief for a wide range of symptoms because they are absorbed directly through the skin1.
Here, they interact with receptors from our endocannabinoid system and provide targeted relief for common skin symptoms like pain, inflammation, dry skin, acne, and more.
My favorite homemade topical recipes that are perfect for self-care include:
If you don’t have the time or desire to make your own products at home, I have some amazing products available in my shop:
Add Cannabis to Food & Drinks
Sometimes, adding one more thing to the to-do list can feel like too much.
That’s why many members of my community prefer adding cannabis directly to their food and drinks because they are already eating and drinking anyway.
You can also easily make homemade edibles with store-bought products like my popular cannabutter.
If you prefer to stick with the pre-made route, you can find all of my delicious cannabis gummies available in the shop:
Cannabis at Bedtime
Bedtime routines are all unique, but many of my community members swear by including CBN in their cannabis routine for a good night’s sleep.
Research published in Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology suggests that cannabinoids like CBD and CBN may help to improve sleep quality, decrease sleep disturbances, and decrease sleep onset latency2.
CBN is another cannabinoid that is nicknamed ‘the sleep cannabinoid.’
You can either make your own CBN oil at home or purchase it from my shop. We have several CBN products to try:
You can add the oil to your bedtime routine by winding down with a relaxing CBD massage.
Or try incorporating it into your nightly meditation routine and applying it to the head, neck, and shoulders to release tension.
Cannabis For Stress Management
While we can focus on stress prevention, the truth is that stress happens in all of our lives on a daily basis.
Any sensible self-care routine should include a stress-management plan with many tools for when things get rough and stress hits an all-time high.
For many people, having cannabis readily available in many forms is a stress management weapon.
Vaping is a quick-acting, 1-3 minute way to consume cannabis and experience the immediate effect of calm, taming mood swings, and restoring control of your emotions.
There are potential benefits of vaping cannabis depending on each individual, your circumstances, and your individual health goals.
Practice Self-Care with Cannabis
For many of us, self-care is the first thing to get moved to the back burner when life gets crazy.
People are always in a rush, not taking time to reflect. We often forget to pause and ask: Is it worth it?
The good news is that you can take charge of your life by mindfully incorporating and cultivating positive habits.
Here is a list of 20 positive self-care habits you can start practicing with the use of cannabis right away.
- Meditate: Set aside as little as 15 minutes every day, at a time of your convenience, for meditation. Make sure you are all by yourself during this period, undisturbed and completely focused. There is no ‘technique’ to meditation that you need to learn either. Exhale and inhale slowly, and keep your attention fully on the breathing process.
- Read: Reading demands patience from the reader. You can also consider it a form of meditation as, unlike modern forms of entertainment, reading a book is a solitary activity.
- Write: Writing challenges a person to think and structure his thoughts. It allows you to go deep inside your own thinking process, making you aware of the deep-seated prejudices in your mind. In the end, it makes you articulate yourself better.
- Cut down on caffeine and sugar: Caffeine may provide the kick you need to get through a tough day, but it extracts its pound of flesh in the long term by causing addiction. Similarly, refined sugar does a lot worse. Instead, consume naturally occurring sugar found in fruits and honey.
- Fast once a week: Give up on all food and calorie-containing beverages at least once every week. Instead, spend this day on lemon water and green tea. Doing this will cleanse your system, adding vitality to your life.
- Go offline: Staying connected to the internet through gadgets induces a certain anxiety that is not good for our psychological well-being.
- Make a list: Prepare a list of things you have always wanted to do. Make another list of things that you are terrified of. Public speaking, for example. Set yourself to knock off the items on this list one by one.
- Be kind: Kindness is always in short supply. Your one solitary act of kindness every day would help usher the change.
- Get enough rest: Do not compromise on your sleep for anything. If you do not sleep enough, people around you cannot see the best you can be.
- Learn to turn people down: You cannot always please everyone. Be firm when you need to be, and tell people clearly about why you cannot take up their bidding.
- De-clutter your life: Staring at your closet, start removing all the unnecessary bits from your life.
- Give yourself some downtime: You need some ‘me’ time every day without any feeling of guilt. Indulge yourself.
- Choose your friends wisely: It is better to have few good friends instead of many who are actually only there for the good times.
- Save: Do not live beyond your means. Always look to save 20-30 percent of your income.
- Donate: Find your favorite cause and donate within your means.
- Share love: Let people close to you know you love them. Instead of words, do so with your touch. Tactile experiences work better than mere words.
- Start listening: Most people talk. Instead, you should start listening. This core skill will take you professionally and personally far in life.
- Embrace art: Art has revelatory power. Art shows you things that people are prone to overlook during everyday life.
- Stay hydrated: Do yourself a favor and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Forgive yourself: Despite your best efforts, there will be times when things won’t go according to plan. Do not be too harsh on yourself; know you will get another chance.
I always tell my community members that, just like anything else, there is no magic pill or cure-all that will magically erase stress and anxiety.
Cannabis should be used as a tool, in conjunction with various other stress and anxiety-relieving modalities, for maximum effectiveness.
This includes good sleep, proper nutrition, exercise, and other stress management techniques for a more holistic stress and anxiety management approach.
How do you add cannabis to your self-care routine? Let me know in the comments below!
Articles & How-To Guides
Articles & How-To Guides
Articles & How-To Guides