Fresh from the oven or right from the fridge, this hearty Vegan Coconut Banana Bread with Walnut Streusel is an excellent choice for breakfast or a snack on the go. Made with plant-based ingredients, this bread it as nutritious as it is delicious.
This Vegan Coconut Banana Bread with a Walnut Streusel is the perfect addition to any breakfast! Made with wholesome ingredients like whole wheat flour, bananas, and spices, this bread will leave everyone in the family wanting more.
Homemade Quick Bread
Fresh from the oven and just in time for the upcoming holiday season, Fall is my favorite time to bake! It is rare that I get the chance to take my time and enjoy cooking, but baking helps to slow me down and enjoy the experience. To be honest, this was the most relaxing Saturday night I’ve had in a long time!Vegan Coconut Banana Bread - the perfect addition to any breakfast!Click To Tweet
With the baby in bed and Chef Phil at work, I was able to bake this amazing quick bread and relax with a few of my favorite things: a pumpkin spice candle, a cup of chamomile tea, and past episodes of my favorite show The Real Housewives (Beverly Hills baby!)
Meal Plan Download Image
Vegan Coconut Banana Bread
I am certainly not a vegan, but sometimes when I am in the mood to bake something, I have no eggs! I don’t buy eggs from the grocery store and only get them from my friend up the road, so I do not always have eggs in the refrigerator all the time, but that’s OK! This coconut banana bread tastes just as amazing without the eggs, and is just as easy to prepare.
- 3 overly ripe bananas
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (if you do not have coconut sugar simply use ½ cup of both white and brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Walnut Streusel Topping:
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon of whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- *Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- In a medium sized bowl mash your overly ripe bananas and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of your dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and unsweetened coconut flakes.
- In a medium bowl cream together with a beater the coconut oil, white, brown, & coconut sugar.
- Combine your creamed oil and sugar, mashed bananas, the reserved coconut milk & vinegar mixture and vanilla. Beat until well incorporated. Then pour your wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
- To make the walnut streusel topping, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Grease two 9" baking pans and pour the batter evenly into each pan. Top each loaf evenly with the walnut topping of you choose.
- Place the pans evenly spaced into the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Let cool a baking rack for 20 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Coconut Banana bread as much as I do! And I hope you get the chance to see how easily plant-based foods can be used to make your favorite treats just a little bit healthier 🙂
BEFORE YOU GO!
Request your exclusive invitation to join Health & Happiness Community TODAY!