Made with plant-based ingredients, this nutritious and delicious Vegan Coconut Banana Bread topped with a warm Walnut Streusel is a perfect choice for breakfast or brunch.
Homemade Quick Bread
This Vegan Coconut Banana Bread with a Walnut Streusel is the perfect addition to any breakfast! Made with wholesome ingredients like whole wheat flour, bananas, and spices, this bread will leave everyone in the family wanting more.
Fresh from the oven and just in time for the upcoming holiday season, Fall is my favorite time to bake! It is rare that I get the chance to take my time and enjoy cooking, but baking helps to slow me down and enjoy the experience. To be honest, this was the most relaxing Saturday night I’ve had in a long time.
With the baby in bed and Chef Phil at work, I was able to bake this amazing quick bread and relax with a few of my favorite things: a pumpkin spice candle, a cup of chamomile tea, and past episodes of my favorite show The Real Housewives.
And then I was able to enjoy a warm slice of this yummy bread fresh from the oven before heading to bed.
(It’s the little things, right?)
Vegan Coconut Banana Bread
I am certainly not a vegan, but sometimes when I am in the mood to bake something, I have no eggs!
I don’t buy eggs from the grocery store anymore now that we have our own flock of hens, so I do not always have eggs in the refrigerator all the time, but that’s OK!
This coconut banana bread tastes just as amazing without the eggs and is just as easy to prepare.
Coconut Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Walnut Streusel Topping:
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut milk beverage and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg. Make a well in the center. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, with a beater, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add the mashed bananas to the creamed oil and sugar, followed by the coconut milk & vinegar mixture and vanilla. Beat until well incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well made with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Grease two 9" loaf pans and pour the batter evenly into each pan.
Walnut Streusel Topping
- Mix the crushed walnuts, flour, coconut flakes and sugar well.
- Pour in melted coconut oil and mix together.
- Top each loaf of bread with the streusel toppping.
- Evenly space the two loaf pans in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Let cool on a baking rack for 20 minutes.