These no-bake almond joy cannabis bliss balls combine the nutritious goodness of oatmeal, dates, and almonds with the sweet and satisfying combination of coconut and dark chocolate with your choice of cannabis infusion for a tasty and delicious, good-for-you treat.
- The best Almond Joy flavor combo
- A simple, no-bake recipe that is ready in just a few minutes
- Made with nutrient-dense ingredients that leave you feeling good
- Includes many different cannabis infusion options
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Are you ready for a sweet, delicious, no-bake treat that is good for you, too?!
One of the most important aspects of enjoying a healthy dessert or sweet treat daily, whether you have the munchies or not, is adding a few nutritious ingredients.
Luckily, with some experimenting, I have found some pretty tasty ways to make tasty treats using nutrient-dense ingredients that taste good, too.
In this post, you will discover how to make these delicious cannabis bliss balls with step-by-step instructions, helpful tips and tricks, and many alternate infusion options you can try.
Looking For More Support?
Join thousands of members inside my private Well With Cannabis Community to ask questions, find support, and share your edible creations!
- Quick cook oats: be sure to use quick cook oats, not traditional rolled oats, for the best consistency possible.
- Dates: buying pre-chopped dates makes this recipe easy, but if you can't find them, simply chop up some pitted dates with a large kitchen knife.
- Almonds: be sure to use slivered almonds for the right consistency.
- Chia seeds: if you've never tried chia seeds before, they can easily be found in your local grocery store.
- Coconut flakes: be sure to use unsweetened shredded coconut flakes for the right consistency.
- Milk: opt for any type of milk that you want from traditional dairy milk, to plant-based milk like hemp seed milk, or even cannabis-infused milk.
- Nut butter: feel free to use any type of nut or seed butter here. For a nut-free option, try hemp seed butter.
- Maple syrup: you can substitute honey or agave syrup here, if desired.
- Cannabis oil: you can use any type of cannabis oil here you want. Find all options listed under the Alternative Infusion Options below.
- Dark chocolate chips: or any type of chocolate you want to garnish these treats with.
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
The Step-by-Step Process
- Step 1: Prepare your work area with parchment lined baking sheets and a bowl full of shredded coconut.
- Step 2: Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl: oats, dates, almonds, chia seeds, and remaining shredded coconut. Mix well.
- Step 3: Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients: milk, nut butter, maple syrup, cannabis oil and almond extract.
- Step 4: Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Step 5: Create 1” balls. Roll in the reserved coconut flakes and set aside on reserved parchment paper.
- Step 6: For the chocolate drizzle, add the chocolate chips to a small microwave safe dish. Microwave for 60 seconds, remove, stir, add coconut oil, and microwave again.
- Step 7: Pour the chocolate into a ziplock bag. Snip off the corner and drizzle away.
- Step 8: Allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying or storing.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Store these bliss balls in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Freeze in an airtight container, if desired, for several months.
Ideal Serving Size
These tasty treats make the perfect dessert - or even breakfast or a snack. They are pretty filling and 2-4 bites make the perfect snack serving size.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse these cannabis bliss balls.
Oil options include:
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bliss balls can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about this recipe from my Well With Cannabis Community.
Yes, I recommend unflavored collagen protein powder. You can easily find these at your local health food store or buy it online. Each scoop of collagen provides 20 grams of high-quality protein that can help to keep you full and satisfied after your morning meal. I prefer collagen peptides because they are a single ingredient protein source, but if you have a protein powder you already love, feel free to use it!
These balls have only ¼ cup of added sugar from the maple syrup and a little bit from the chocolate drizzle. Otherwise, these tasty treats are naturally sweetened with dates. These tasty protein bites are also nutrient-dense, they provide many important vitamins, minerals, and amino acids from the collagen protein powder. The oatmeal and chia seeds provide complex carbohydrates that help to prevent blood sugar spikes, while the almonds and hemp-seed butter provide heart-healthy fats needed to keep you full and focused during the day.
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
Don't forget to check out all of these delicious no-bake edible recipes as well!
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home with ease. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Almond Joy Cannabis Bliss Balls
For The Almond Joy Bliss Balls
Optional Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
For The Almond Joy Bliss Balls
- Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet. Fill a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes. Set both of these aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients: oats, dates, almonds, chia seeds, and remaining coconut flakes. Stir together to mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients: milk, nut butter, maple syrup, cannabis oil, almond extract.
- Using a spatula, or clean hands, mix everything together well until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Create 1" balls by rolling them between your palms until they are perfectly shaped. Roll each ball in the reserved bowl of coconut flakes. Set them aside on the reserved parchment paper.
Optional Chocolate Drizzle
- Add the chocolate chips to a small microwave-safe dish, and mircowave for 60 seconds. Remove, stir, and add coconut oil, microwave for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Microwave in additional 30-second intervals as needed until smooth.
- Gently pour the chocolate into the corner of a ziplock bag. Snip a small piece off the corner and drizzle away. Allow the chocolate to harden before storing.