These no-bake almond joy cannabis bliss balls combine the nutritious goodness of oatmeal, dates, and almonds with the sweet and satisfying combination of coconut and dark chocolate with your choice of cannabis infusion for a tasty and delicious, good-for-you treat.
Table of Contents
- A simple, no-bake recipe ready in just a few minutes
- Made with nutrient-dense ingredients that leave you feeling good
- Want to make it easy? Order my Bliss Cooking Oil and have it delivered straight to your door – now shipping to all 50 states!
Stock Your Canna Kitchen
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Are you ready for a sweet, delicious, no-bake treat that is good for you, too?!
Adding a few nutritious ingredients is one of the most important aspects of enjoying a healthy dessert or sweet treat daily, whether you have the munchies or not.
My Well With Cannabis Community loves healthy cannabis recipes, and members always seek ways to incorporate cannabis into their healthy lifestyles.
Luckily, with some experimenting, I have found some pretty tasty ways to make tasty treats using nutrient-dense ingredients that taste good, too.
In this post, you will discover how to make these delicious cannabis bliss balls with step-by-step instructions, helpful tips and tricks, and many alternate infusion options you can try.
- Quick-cook oats: Use quick-cook oats, not traditional rolled oats
- Dates: Buying pre-chopped dates makes this recipe easy, but if you can’t find them, simply chop up some pitted dates with a large kitchen knife
- Almonds: Use slivered almonds
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds can easily be found in your local grocery store
- Coconut flakes: Use unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Milk: Any type of milk that you want, like hemp seed milk or cannabis milk
- Nut butter: Any type. For a nut-free option, try hemp seed butter.
- Maple syrup: You can substitute honey or agave syrup here if desired.
- Cannabis oil: My Bliss Cooking Oil is perfect for this recipe. Find dosing and alternative options listed below.
- Dark chocolate chips: or any chocolate you want to use for garnish.
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
This recipe calls for two tablespoons of cannabis oil.
Each 1mL dropper of my Bliss Cooking Oil contains 2.5mg of THC and 2.5mg of CBD.
A tablespoon contains 15mL, resulting in 37.5mg of THC per tablespoon.
If you use two tablespoons of Bliss Cooking Oil, your total batch will contain 75mg of THC.
You then divide this number by the total number of bliss balls made, which is 24, or however many you made.
To get the total mg of THC per bliss ball, simply divide 75mg/24 bites = 3.125mg of THC per Bliss Ball.
These tasty treats make the perfect dessert, breakfast, or snack. They are pretty filling, and 2-4 bites make the perfect snack serving size.
The Step-by-Step Process
- Step 1: Prepare your work area with parchment-lined baking sheets and a bowl full of shredded coconut.
- Step 2: Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl: oats, dates, almonds, chia seeds, and remaining shredded coconut. Mix well.
- Step 3: Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients: milk, nut butter, maple syrup, Bliss cooking oil, and almond extract.
- Step 4: Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Step 5: Create 1” balls. Roll in the reserved coconut flakes and set aside on reserved parchment paper.
- Step 6: Add the chocolate chips to a small microwave-safe dish for the chocolate drizzle. Microwave for 60 seconds; remove, stir, add coconut oil, and microwave again.
- Step 7: Pour the chocolate into a ziplock bag. Snip off the corner and drizzle away.
- Step 8: Allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying or storing these.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Store these bliss balls in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Freeze in an airtight container, if desired, for several months. Find more edible storage instructions here.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something.
I recommend using my Bliss Cooking Oil for this recipe’s best taste and most accurate dosing.
Below we will explore all of the different ways you could infuse these cannabis bliss balls.
Oil options include:
Determine The Dose
Frequently Asked Questions
Cannabliss balls can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about this recipe from my Well With Cannabis Community.
Yes, I recommend unflavored collagen protein powder. You can easily find these at your local health food store or buy them online. Each scoop of collagen provides 20 grams of high-quality protein to help keep you full and satisfied after your morning meal. I prefer collagen peptides because they are a single-ingredient protein source, but if you have a protein powder you already love, feel free to use it!
These balls have only ¼ cup of added sugar from the maple syrup and a little bit from the chocolate drizzle. Otherwise, these tasty treats are naturally sweetened with dates. These tasty protein bites are also nutrient-dense; they provide many important vitamins, minerals, and amino acids from the collagen protein powder. The oatmeal and chia seeds provide complex carbohydrates that help to prevent blood sugar spikes, while the almonds and hemp-seed butter provide heart-healthy fats needed to keep you full and focused during the day. Find more sugar-free edibles here.
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
Don’t forget to check out all of these delicious no-bake edible recipes as well!
Almond Joy Cannabis Bliss Balls
For The Almond Joy Bliss Balls
Optional Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
For The Almond Joy Bliss Balls
- Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet. Fill a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes. Set both of these aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients: oats, dates, almonds, chia seeds, and remaining coconut flakes. Stir together to mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients: milk, nut butter, maple syrup, cannabis oil, almond extract.
- Using a spatula, or clean hands, mix everything together well until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Create 1" balls by rolling them between your palms until they are perfectly shaped. Roll each ball in the reserved bowl of coconut flakes. Set them aside on the reserved parchment paper.
Optional Chocolate Drizzle
- Add the chocolate chips to a small microwave-safe dish, and mircowave for 60 seconds. Remove, stir, and add coconut oil, microwave for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Microwave in additional 30-second intervals as needed until smooth.
- Gently pour the chocolate into the corner of a ziplock bag. Snip a small piece off the corner and drizzle away. Allow the chocolate to harden before storing.
Take your edibles to the next level…
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types – all from the comfort of your own home.