Discover how easy it is to make your own dairy and nut-free homemade hemp seed milk with a high-powered blender and a few pantry staples at home in under 30-minutes. Complete with flavor and cannabis infusion options along with great hemp milk benefits.
Table of Contents
- A delicious recipe for an easy dairy-free milk
- Find different flavor and cannabis infusion options
- A review of the health benefits associated with the great plant
Why You Will Love This Recipe
If you’re new to cannabis, hemp seeds are a great ingredient to start experimenting with before moving on to edibles. They’re also a great way to use the complete plant.
Hemp seeds are the seed of the Cannabis sativa plant and have a subtle, slightly nutty flavor and an impressive amount of health benefits that may even help support brain health and heart health.
A lot of people in my Well With Cannabis Community love this recipe because they are on a vegan diet and are looking for non-dairy milk alternatives.
While they will not get you high, they do not contain CBD or THC; this post includes instructions to add some if you’d like!
In this guide, I will show you how easy it is to make your own hemp milk with an easy recipe, simple steps, and some ideas for whole foods flavor boosters and different cannabis infusion options.
- Hemp seeds – also known as hemp hearts. You can quickly get these in grocery stores or online on Amazon
- Filtered water – this recipe calls for 4 cups of water, but you can use less water if you want a thicker consistency
- Maple syrup – or any sweetener you desire, like Medjool dates, or even cannabis sugar
- Vanilla extract – for flavor
- Sea salt – just a pinch of salt will do
- Cannabis oil – optional; see options in the alternative infusion section below
- Cocoa powder: optional – in case you want to make chocolate milk!
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 – In a high-speed blender, combine the cup of whole hemp seeds and cups of filtered water. Let them sit together for 20 minutes.
- Step 2 – Turn the blender on high speed for 60-seconds. Once stopped, add the , vanilla extract, sea salt, and cannabis oil if using.
- Step 3 – Run the blender on high for another 30 seconds or until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Step 4 – Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, pour the mixture into a or strain through cheesecloth if desired. Chill if desired before pouring in your favorite cup.
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Pour milk into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. A glass bottle or mason jar works perfectly. Although this recipe does not contain dairy, I would still not leave it at room temperature. Be sure to give it a good shake before enjoying it again.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Options
As with all things edibles, there is more than one way to infuse something. Here are a few of the different ways you could infuse this recipe.
You can add a small bit of cannabis oil to each individual serving of hemp milk, if desired!
Typically 1mL, or one full dropper, should be enough for a single serving, depending on the potency of the oil.
If you’re not sure what the right dose for you is, be sure to get started with my dosing guide.
l am using my own CBD oil, but other infused options include:
You can swap the maple syrup for a small amount of cannabis sugar, if desired!
I have instructions for infusing regular dairy milk, cream, or coconut milk, but I have not yet tried this method with this hemp milk recipe.
If you do, please let me know how it turned out for you!
Notes and Expert Tips
- Be sure to add the flavor boosters like the syrup, vanilla, and salt to enjoy the hemp milk taste, as it can be an acquired taste for some
- If you want to keep the dietary fiber, which can help with cholesterol levels, don’t strain the homemade milk before enjoying
- All seeds and nuts have a different consistency and require different soaking times, so keep this in mind if you use this process to make oat milk, almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk, sunflower milk, and other homemade nut milk recipes
- Once made, this is the perfect dairy-free alternative for my homemade cannabis coffee creamer, cannabis hot chocolate, or as a splash in your favorite cup of hot coffee
- Enjoy this as the alternative milk base of your favorite hot drinks like Golden milk latte, Chai latte, or Pumpkin Spice latte
- Loving hemp seeds? You can also use them to make a delicious hemp seed butter
Frequently Asked Questions
Hemp milk can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about this recipe from my Well With Cannabis Community.
Hemp seeds are a great addition to almost any diet, and a great alternative to nuts and homemade nut milk for those who may have a nut allergy. These healthy seeds are a great source of essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals needed to support a healthy immune system.
No hemp seeds contain no intoxicating cannabinoids like CBD or THC.
Homemade hemp seed milk is naturally vegan, vegetarian, and plant-based. Memp seeds and homemade hemp seed milk is paleo-friendly. Many people who follow the paleo diet enjoy hemp seeds in a variety of different ways to replace common, non-compliant foods like whole grains. Hemp seeds are high in healthy fat and protein while being lower in carbohydrates, making them keto-friendly. When making your own homemade hemp seed milk to be Keto-friendly, just ensure you are not adding too much sweetener or opt for a non-nutritive sweetener of choice, like stevia. This recipe is also Whole30 compliant.
Determine The Dose
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
More Hemp Info You Will Love
Take your edibles to the next level…
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types – all from the comfort of your own home.
Easy Homemade Hemp Seed Milk
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cup of whole hemp seeds and cups of filtered water. Let them sit together for 20 minutes.
- Turn the blender on high speed for 60-seconds. Once stopped, add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, sea salt, and cannabis oil if used.
- Run the blender on high for another 30 seconds or until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pour the mixture into a nut milk bag or strain through cheesecloth if desired. Chill if desired before pouring in your favorite cup.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pour the mixture into a nut milk bag, or strain through cheesecloth if desired.
- Pour milk into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. A glass bottle or mason jar works perfectly. Although this recipe does not contain dairy, I would still not leave it at room temperature. Be sure to give it a good shake before enjoying it again.