A chocolate chip cookie dough that you don’t have to feel bad about eating? Check out the secret ingredient in these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites and make this delicious treat for yourself ASAP 🙂
These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites take plant-based eating to a whole new level! Plus, you’ll never guess the secret ingredient that makes this cookie dough SO DELICIOUS & SO HEALTHY. You will never have to feel guilty about eating the whole batch again.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Have you ever met anyone who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookie dough, maybe even more than chocolate chip cookies themselves? We all love this sinful treat, but as our mothers warned us time and time again, “don’t eat the cookie dough, it will make you sick!!”
I love cookie dough as much as the next girl, but the potential risk of salmonella on top of so many empty calories, saturated fat, and sugar led me to search for a healthier alternative. The secret ingredient in these to-die-for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites? Chickpeas.
Chickpeas – The Secret Ingredient
That’s right, you heard me, chickpeas! Don’t worry, you can’t taste them at all, but they do create the perfect consistency for this treat. Not only do they help make the perfect texture for this dish, but they also contribute many nutritional benefits as well, which takes this treat from occasional indulgence to a completely acceptable weekly snack.
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are traditionally eaten whole or blended into everyone’s favorite dip, hummus, but they are a versatile ingredient that are making their way into the dessert scene. No wonder, these babies bring a lot to the table. Each 1 cup serving can provide 15 grams of plant-based protein and 12.5 grams of dietary fiber. Together both protein and fiber have the ability to keep you feeling fuller, longer!
As Featured on Good Day Rochester
If you can’t tell, I LOVE energy bites. From fruit, nut and seed bites to my famous almond joy energy bites, I just can’t get enough! That’s why I shared my three favorite energy bite recipes in my weekly news segment on Good Day Rochester. Watch the video below 🙂
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup all natural chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup unsweetened milk of choice
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs
- Optional Chocolate Drizzle:
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Open the can of chickpeas, drain and rinse in a strainer. Shake off excess moisture.
- Transfer to the food processor.
- Pulse on high for 15 seconds.
- Stop and scrape down the sides. Pulse again for 15 more seconds.
- Add peanut butter, milk, agave syrup, almond flour, powdered peanut butter, vanilla, and sea salt. Pulse until a thick consistency is achieved.
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl and gently fold in chocolate chips and cacao nibs.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Before removing, melt the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe container.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted smooth.
- While the mixture is cold, roll into 1" balls.
- Add chocolate drizzle.
- Immediately return to refrigerator until ready to serve.
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough as much as I do, and I hope that you are pleasantly surprised at how tasty and delicious plant-based eating can be!
Do you love cookie dough as much as I do? Let me know in the comments section below!
BEFORE YOU GO!
Subscribe to get your weekly dose of holistic wellness, health & happiness!
Latest posts by Emily Kyle (see all)
- Learning to Love Food Again - August 16, 2017
- Getting to Know NOW Foods - August 9, 2017
- Why You Need to Become Your Own Health & Wellness Advocate - August 7, 2017
- Raspberry Peach Summer Glow Smoothie - August 5, 2017
- The Importance of Creating a Self-Care Routine - August 1, 2017