A chocolate chip cookie dough that you don’t have to worry about eating? Chickpeas are the secret ingredient in these mouthwatering, vegan and egg-free, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites that you can make for yourself with a few pantry staples in just minutes!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Have you ever met anyone who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookie dough, maybe even more than chocolate chip cookies themselves?
We all love this sinful treat, but as our mothers warned us time and time again, “don’t eat the cookie dough, it will make you sick!!”
I love cookie dough as much as the next girl, but the potential risk of salmonella led me to search for a healthier alternative.
The secret ingredient in these delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites? Chickpeas.
Chickpeas – The Secret Ingredient
That’s right, you heard me, chickpeas! Don’t worry, you can’t taste them at all, but they do create the perfect consistency for this treat.
Not only do they help make the perfect texture for this dish, but they also contribute many nutritional benefits as well, which takes this treat from occasional indulgence to a completely acceptable weekly snack.
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are traditionally eaten whole or blended into everyone’s favorite dip, hummus, but they are a versatile ingredient that is making their way into the dessert scene.
No wonder, these babies bring a lot to the table. Each 1 cup serving can provide 15 grams of plant-based protein and 12.5 grams of dietary fiber. Together both protein and fiber have the ability to keep you feeling fuller, longer!
- 1 (15.5 ounces) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup all-natural smooth or chunky peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
For The Chocolate Drizzle:
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor and pulse on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, powdered peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Pulse until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in the refrigerator for 5-minutes before rolling into 1" balls.
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe container.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted smooth.
- Drizzle over the 1" cookie dough bites. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g