This page may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
A chocolate chip cookie dough that you don’t have to worry about eating? Check out the secret ingredient in these egg-free, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites and make this delicious treat for yourself ASAP.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Have you ever met anyone who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookie dough, maybe even more than chocolate chip cookies themselves? We all love this sinful treat, but as our mothers warned us time and time again, “don’t eat the cookie dough, it will make you sick!!”
I love cookie dough as much as the next girl, but the potential risk of salmonella led me to search for a healthier alternative.
The secret ingredient in these to-die-for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites? Chickpeas.
Chickpeas – The Secret Ingredient
That’s right, you heard me, chickpeas! Don’t worry, you can’t taste them at all, but they do create the perfect consistency for this treat.
Not only do they help make the perfect texture for this dish, but they also contribute many nutritional benefits as well, which takes this treat from occasional indulgence to a completely acceptable weekly snack.
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are traditionally eaten whole or blended into everyone’s favorite dip, hummus, but they are a versatile ingredient that is making their way into the dessert scene.
No wonder, these babies bring a lot to the table. Each 1 cup serving can provide 15 grams of plant-based protein and 12.5 grams of dietary fiber. Together both protein and fiber have the ability to keep you feeling fuller, longer!
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup all-natural smooth or chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- Optional Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor and pulse on high for 15 seconds.
- Add peanut butter, maple syrup, powdered peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Pulse until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl and gently fold in chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Place in the refrigerator for 5-minutes before rolling into 1" balls.
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe container.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted smooth.
- Drizzle over the 1" cookie dough bites.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 bite
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 100 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 122mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 4g
Download Your FREE Meal Plan Before You Go!
If you’re looking for additional help in meal planning or discovering new and delicious recipes to try, be sure to download my Free eBook – The Happy & Healthy Flexible Meal Plan below: