This Green Dream Hemp CBD Smoothie is a whole-food, plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free smoothie that tastes amazing while delivering an abundance of nutrients and antioxidants.
Green Dream Hemp Seed Smoothie
It can be hard to find a smoothie that tastes delicious, especially a green one. Many people have a hard time getting past the green color, but I assure you, this Green Dream Hemp Seed Smoothie is truly delicious.
So delicious, in fact, it was featured in my first cookbook, The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook: 125 Healing Recipes for Hashimoto’s and Hypothyroidism.
Whether you have Hashimoto’s or not, this smoothie is perfect for anyone who is looking to incorporate many nutritious ingredients like mango, spinach, and hemp seeds into their diet.
CBD Infused Hemp Seed Smoothie
The trend these days is to infuse CBD into everything, smoothies, coffees, cocktails, and more. Orally consuming CBD has the ability to support your Endocannabinoid system which helps to oversee homeostasis – or balance – in the body.
Eating CBD has a 6-10% bioavailability rate compared to a 30% bioavailability rate when used as a tincture and absorbed sublingually. The effects have a typical onset time of 30-90 minutes and an average duration time of 4-8 hours.
While there is nothing wrong with consuming CBD orally, you may find that you find greater benefits when used differently. Learn more about the different ways to use CBD oil here, and learn more about the different ways to cook with CBD oil here.
Hemp Seed Milk Smoothie
Of course, you can easily swap any milk you prefer for the hemp seed milk if you don’t have any already made. Sunflower seed milk, c
The Health Benefits of Hemp Seeds
A serving of Hemp Seeds is considered to be 3-tablespoons, approximately 1-ounce, or 30 grams. This serving size nutritional breakdown is:
- 170 Calories
- 13 Grams of Total Fat
- 1.5 Grams of Saturated Fat
- 10 Grams of Polyunsaturated Fat (this includes 8 grams of Omega-6 fatty acids and 2.5 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids).
- 1.5 Grams of Monounsaturated Fat
- 3 Grams of Carbohydrates
- 3 Grams of Dietary Fiber
- 1 Gram of Sugars
- 10 Grams of Protein
Surprising Hemp Seed Health Benefits:
- Hemp seeds are naturally lean or low in saturated fat and have little or no added fat, sugars, refined starches, and sodium.
- Hemp seeds are what I consider to be a great source of plant-based protein for those who are adopting a more plant-based diet.
- Hemp seeds and homemade hemp seed milk are not only nut and/or tree-nut free, but they are also free of the Top-8 major allergens found in food, which account for nearly 90% of all food allergies in the United States.
The Health Benefits of Spinach
While this recipe includes spinach, any dark leafy green will do. If you have kale or swiss chard on hand, that will work as well.
Spinach Nutrition Facts
1 cup of uncooked spinach provides:
- 180% of Daily Vitamin K
- 10 Calories
- 1 Gram of Protein
- 55% of Daily Vitamin A
- 15% of Daily Folate
- No Cholesterol, Sodium or Fat
Surprising Spinach Health Benefits:
- Spinach is a dark-green leafy vegetable that is rich in water-soluble vitamins, fat-soluble vitamins, minerals, and a wide variety of phytonutrients.
- According to the World’s Healthiest Foods rating system: “spinach ranks as our Number 1 source of magnesium and iron (both minerals); our Number 2 source of vitamins B2 and B6 (both water-soluble vitamins); our Number 3 source of folate (another water-soluble vitamin); and our Number 2 source of vitamin K (a fat-soluble vitamin). Spinach is also our Number 2 source of vitamin E; our Number 3 source of calcium, potassium, and vitamin A; our Number 5 source of manganese; and our Number 8 source of copper”. (1)
- Spinach contains a multitude of anti-inflammatory nutrients and phytonutrients like flavonoids and carotenoids that help to support an anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle.
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 2 cups homemade hemp seed milk (or alternative plant-based milk)
- 3 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- CBD Oil, amount as desired
- Add the frozen mango, pineapple, spinach, hemp seed milk, hemp seeds, and coconut extract to a high-speed blender.
- Blend for 2 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Stir in CBD Oil, if using.
*Substitution Tip: Use any dark green leafy vegetable for spinach. Try swiss chard, beet greens, or kale.
*Ingredient Tip: To get more protein into your smoothie, add 1 scoop of unflavored collagen protein powder.
*Nutrition facts calculated not including CBD oil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 smoothie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 21gProtein: 11g
LOOKING FOR MORE CBD SMOOTHIES?
Check out our other delicious CBD Smoothie recipes:
- How to Make a Healthy CBD Smoothie
- CBD Peach Raspberry Smoothie
- Anti-Inflammatory CBD Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate CBD Smoothie
- Anti-Anxiety Blueberry Lavender Smoothie
Looking To Further Your Cannabis Education?
Are you ready to learn more about cannabis and how you can use it to maximize your health and wellness? Click to learn more about my Cannabis Compass Online Course.
This online cannabis education teaches you how to use, apply, and dose all forms of cannabis safely and effectively so that you can begin to manage your anxiety, pain, and/or inflammation the natural way from the comfort of your own home.